• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scarface Remake Starring Leonardo DiCaprio And Sofia Vergara Announced for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drippy

It's fake, people. There's nothing to see here. There won't be any remake. Why it's not a news on imdb or other sites?

Ithil

Still think this is fake. Sofia vergara is one of the worst modern actress and Tony Montana is too big a character for Leo. He's made good films but he's never carried a film the way al did for the original. The article must have missed the part where it states it's a comedy.

He was Tony Camonte, an Italian immigrant, rather than Cuban Tony Montana in the original Scarface. I don't see why another remake wouldn't change it again.

In fact it would be in their best interest to change it, given Tony Montana is an iconic character for Pacino, and any imitation of the same character would be ripped to shreds.

Assuming this isn't phony, given the source is apparently sketchy.

Waaaaaaiiiiiiiiit a minute.

wait hold up.

What the fuck is the Empire Herald?

Where are these quotes coming from? What's the sourcing here?

Why is this one of the top stories on the site's main page?

Like, seriously, this is the image associated with the 2nd story underneath the main:

Man-Murders-Girlfriend-For-Refusing-To-Make-Eye-Contact-With-Him.jpg

Goddammit, you guys.

goddammit.
Aw fuck lol. :p

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Waaaaaaiiiiiiiiit a minute.

wait hold up.

What the fuck is the Empire Herald?

Where are these quotes coming from? What's the sourcing here?

Why is this one of the top stories on the site's main page?

Like, seriously, this is the image associated with the 2nd story underneath the main:

Man-Murders-Girlfriend-For-Refusing-To-Make-Eye-Contact-With-Him.jpg

Goddammit, you guys.

goddammit.

You know as well as I do, you can't expect anyone to actually read things these days, let alone take 30 seconds to research something.

The original 1932 character was Italian. Maybe they will go a different ethnicity route again.

They're likely not doing anything at all. Everything about this rumor sounds fucking fake. The site is sketchy as fuck, and there's no sourcing to anything that's being quoted.

Also, there's this:

vsc3bN2.png

Just a reminder:

Reading bullshit on reddit isn't really reading. You have to pay attention to what's being said, who it's being said by, and whether or not the outlet you're using as a source deserves any sort of legitimacy at all.

Simply sharing bullshit without reading it closely (or reading it at all) is problematic as fuck for reasons that should be increasingly obvious for anyone living in America at the moment.

kswiston

They're likely not doing anything at all. Everything about this rumor sounds fucking fake. The site is sketchy as fuck, and there's no sourcing to anything that's being quoted.

Also, there's this:

vsc3bN2.png

Just a reminder:

Reading bullshit on reddit isn't really reading. You have to pay attention to what's being said, who it's being said by, and whether or not the outlet you're using as a source deserves any sort of legitimacy at all.

Simply sharing bullshit without reading it closely (or reading it at all) is problematic as fuck for reasons that should be increasingly obvious for anyone living in America at the moment.

Doesn't help that almost all of us on page 1 were too lazy to click the link from our phones before posting.

Y'all remake hating bastards are going to eat crow when this film comes out.

Assuming this story is real. Source seems weird and I don't see the movie on Pablo Larrain's imdb...

The original Scarface is far from a perfect movie, so I'm all for a remake.
Maybe in this version the second half doesn't shit itself.

Blueingreen

I mean I personally prefer the 1932 version but I'm not going to undermine the relevancy of the 1983 Scarface which is so iconic in popular culture I would go as far to call it the most famous Gangster movie in history, what's the point? no one is ever going to hold a candle to Pacino in that role such a shameless cash grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom