• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEA President: "We don't buy exclusivity."

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

I like the philosophy that Sony has had with the PS3, but a great philosophy is no guarantee to get you far. Regardless of moneyhatting, if they want time to play in their favor, and for people to buy their system, Sony needs to show that they really are trying to compete. Right now, any game made with another system in mind is a blow to the PS3, and their fall lineup won't be enough to make anyone take note without a much cheaper price. You can't push the industry forward if you get left behind. I hope to see a lot of surprises at E3.

dfyb

Banned
WickedAngel said:
Actually, the point I made is the topic. Exclusivity deals, how they're handled, and who is complaining about them. Whether or not you like to acknowledge the shortcomings of the company you cheerlead for isn't really relevant; the fact of the matter is that Sony is just as guilty as anyone else of "moneyhatting" regardless of whether or not you're willing to acknowledge it. You're defensive/dismissive because you know it is true and it doesn't really mesh with your PR campaign (Kind of obvious when you're in here responding to multiple users at once).
"360fanboi****TARD," all your post was, was a baseless accusation that i'm a hypocrite. i'm replying to multiple people because multiple people replied to me.

it's nice to know that i have someone trolling me across multiple forums. (edit: for those who are curious, "360fanboi****TARD" was a name given to him on another forum)

Yagharek

Out of interest, how did Sony get Little Big Planet as an exclusive? That is one of the smarter moves I've seen from any of the three console makers in quite a while.

dfyb

Banned
RandomVince said:
Out of interest, how did Sony get Little Big Planet as an exclusive? That is one of the smarter moves I've seen from any of the three console makers in quite a while.
they agreed to publish it.

Sean

Banned
dfyb said:
edit: for the record, i have no problem with publishing deals where sony/microsoft/nintendo publish a game. i just disagree with the practice of throwing money at a game so that it doesn't appear on the competition's console.

What is the big difference? In both cases the platform holder is paying another developer to make an exclusive game for their console.

dfyb

Banned
Sean said:
What is the big difference? In both cases the platform holder is paying another developer to make an exclusive game for their console.
because when they pay for exclusivity, they're paying the PUBLISHERS and not the developers. it's like giving money to a record company instead of the band.

when they publish a game themselves, the developers are recieving all the possible benefits themselves.

a lesser issue - paying for exclusivity is more of a move to tarnish the image of the competing platform because most people won't know that they paid for it and just see that it's exclusive for other percieved reasons. if someone publishes a game, their name is on the box. consumers know why it's exclusive.

*On topic*
Bullshit.

You've "bought" exclusivity before Sony and you'll do it again... in fact, get back to that shit quick.

dfyb said:
"360fanboi****TARD," all your post was, was a baseless accusation that i'm a hypocrite. i'm replying to multiple people because multiple people replied to me.

it's nice to know that i have someone trolling me across multiple forums.

Trolling you? Bringing up arguments that are actually relevant to the topic isn't trolling, regardless of whatever brand loyalties you have. This isn't a new issue for anyone in the industry. The only people who are pretending to be shocked/bothered now are the ones who are doing so because Sony is on the wrong end of the barrel.

You can call me a fanboy all you want. Doesn't really bother me; I've been critical of every company this generation and will continue to be as each of them make new mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom