• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEA registers Forsaken Souls domain

Defuser

Although I would like it to be a sequel to Demon's Souls but it can't be true.

I mean, it's SCEA who register the domain. Not SCEJ.

I still don't get why people want a sequel to Demon's Souls from Sony in the first place, no From, no sale. And before someone says it, if From wanted to do a sequel it'd very likely be a Dark Souls sequel and not a Demon's Souls sequel (aka multiplatform).

That being said...this is probably NA version of Soul Sacrifice. And the above post is likely the exact reason for the name change.

I still don't get why people want a sequel to Demon's Souls from Sony in the first place, no From, no sale. And before someone says it, if From wanted to do a sequel it'd very likely be a Dark Souls sequel and not a Demon's Souls sequel (aka multiplatform).

That being said...this is probably NA version of Soul Sacrifice. And the above post is likely the exact reason for the name change.

Namco created the 360 port of Dark Souls for overseas market. FROM published the game themselves in Japan and is ps3 only. They seem fine doing ps3 exclusives.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

I just want a Folklore sequel.

as for Demon's Souls,I believe people want a sequel of Demon's Souls mostly because the backstory of Demon's Souls is million years better than Dark Souls story, and Bolitaria is way more interesting universe than the shitty boring Lordran.

Namco created the 360 port of Dark Souls for overseas market. FROM published the game themselves in Japan and is ps3 only. They seem fine doing ps3 exclusives.

Only reason they didn't make a 360 version in Japan is because 360 is dead as a doornail over there. If it sold as much there as it did here you bet your backside it would have been multiplatform worldwide instead of just US/Europe. Especially after US sales of Dark Souls, I don't see them going back to the Demon's Souls franchise for a Sony exclusive when they can just as easily make a Dark Souls sequel that has the ability to be multiplatform when the time comes.

That's widely off topic though, so that's the last I'll say on that in this thread.

as for Demon's Souls,I believe people want a sequel of Demon's Souls mostly because the backstory of Demon's Souls is million years better than Dark Souls story, and Bolitaria is way more interesting universe than the shitty boring Lordran.

A sequel would be a good thing for you if you didn't like Dark's story; if Dark Souls itself is any indication the next Souls game wouldn't be like Demon's or Dark. They seem to not be too keen on the traditional sequel for the series.

Mario007

Only reason they didn't make a 360 version in Japan is because 360 is dead as a doornail over there. If it sold as much there as it did here you bet your backside it would have been multiplatform worldwide instead of just US/Europe. Especially after US sales of Dark Souls, I don't see them going back to the Demon's Souls franchise for a Sony exclusive when they can just as easily make a Dark Souls sequel that has the ability to be multiplatform when the time comes.

That's widely off topic though, so that's the last I'll say on that in this thread.

A sequel would be a good thing for you if you didn't like Dark's story; if Dark Souls itself is any indication the next Souls game wouldn't be like Demon's or Dark. They seem to not be too keen on the traditional sequel for the series.

what was the ps3/360 split in EU and NA, would you know?

Vorg

Banned
Why is everyone assuming it will be internally developed if it is a Souls game? They can just let from develop the game with sony's japan studio. Just like the first game.

I tweeted @yosp regarding this and the new YouTUBE app for the Vita. He completely ignored the Forsaken Souls question but commented on the YouTUBE app. Hmmm, I wonder why?

New Souls game announcement at E3? I know it's a stretch but you never know. :p

Well it seems soul sacrifice is not forsaken souls

that means .....

untitled-1d7j7f.gif

Slime

Banned
Expected that, but a little bummed.

I am glad they kept the Soul Sacrifice name, though. This sounded kind of off to me.

so is forsaken souls another game in development, or just a potential name they pick for souls sacrifice but since then have decided not to use it?

Top Bottom