• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE brings you: "Playstation Day 2008" The thread of hopeful hope.

Elios83

I really hope the full conference video which will be available tomorrow on the PSN has the same quality of the gamersyde videos :D :D =)
And let's hope they forget to cut off the Resistance 2 footage :lol

Dante

That MS2 presentation got me HYPED way better then the clip posted yesterday.

OMG the vegetation :) have the larger vehicles clear yor path for you!

antiloop

Dante said:
That MS2 presentation got me HYPED way better then the clip posted yesterday.

OMG the vegetation :) have the larger vehicles clear yor path for you!

This clip is like 100 times better IMO. No exaggeration. :p

I am hyped.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Anyone catch on the EyeToy Play: Hero for PS2?

Its a game where you get a foam sword which you use in the game. You swing it to kill monsters, use it as a flashlight, and even have to hide it from the camera to hide the flashlight.

Is this indicative of what we will hopefully get for PS3 in the future, since we saw those tech demos with a rod with a ball and the foam gloves with the EYE?

There is an arstechnica and a gamespot article on the game. I am surprised it has not really been brought up so far.

k79

Banned
Really Blim, I must say, If it weren't for you guys @ gamersyde, this event would've been really REALLY boring for the last 2 days. Major props to you guys!

dfyb

Banned
Insane Metal said:
I don´t know what to do! :(

But LBP comes out in Oct only isn´t it? And KZ2 only in Feb 09... >_>
sell your ps3?!
LBP_angry.gif

man, those helghast sackboy is so cute. Sony should really make LBP their own kind of smash bros where they have tons of sackboy version of many playstation character. and the sackboy can hold an accessory like sword etc. that's brilliant. I hope they have sackboy Kratos in there somewhere

mr_nothin

Banned
OMG
@ 00:44 secs you see the Zebra pulling the frame from left to right
:lol :lol
Somebody capture a picture, I dont have FRAPS right now

Tieno

dfyb said:
LBP trailer from gamersyde
Saw it, looks bigger and bigger. From the gif it's the first time I've seen the stitches between the hand and arm and the torso and arms. Updated model?

dfyb

Banned
vlcsnap-3568392.png

vlcsnap-3569116.png

vlcsnap-3570980.png

vlcsnap-3571076.png

vlcsnap-3573420.png

(this thing on the left was scooping up those blocks with the nose hole and toppling over the building block things as he rolled - quite cool)

vlcsnap-3567789.png

vlcsnap-3569895.png

vlcsnap-3570152.png

vlcsnap-3572314.png

vlcsnap-3573090.png

Tieno

Saw the 4min gameplay video too and I'm very pleased. It seems the controls have gotten better, which was my biggest concern as they seemed to lack responsiveness. But I think they toned down the 'inertia' of the sackboys in favor of quicker and better control.
Game is going to be a blast with voice chat on, especially when there's some pressure (like that big monster coming behind you, or a time limit, or whatever).

Oni Jazar

andydumi said:
Anyone catch on the EyeToy Play: Hero for PS2?

Its a game where you get a foam sword which you use in the game. You swing it to kill monsters, use it as a flashlight, and even have to hide it from the camera to hide the flashlight.

Is this indicative of what we will hopefully get for PS3 in the future, since we saw those tech demos with a rod with a ball and the foam gloves with the EYE?

There is an arstechnica and a gamespot article on the game. I am surprised it has not really been brought up so far.

Sounds cool, thanks for the info! I'd like to see this.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Blimblim said:
Enjoy!
LittleBigPlanet trailer from the press conference:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6439_en.html

!!

:joy:

This pic is also worth a post, seems to show the work-in-progress browser for community created levels:

307unf5.jpg

I think I saw a Tron costume in there too :lol Another thing: Materials now seems to have a new subcategory called "surface materials". Not sure how they differ from regular ones..

Wollan

gofreak said:
Another thing: Materials now seems to have a new subcategory called "surface materials". Not sure how they differ from regular ones..
Maybe they are separating color image and that. Surface materials could be what me and you call shaders.

I didn't see this mentioned, but if you remember there was something called "Movement" listed as being at the Playstation Day. Well this is what it is

Mentioned during the closing minutes of the PlayStation Day keynote speech, Movement is an interesting idea that is being sadly under-reported. Sure, it's not a game, but the idea of made-for-PSN TV shows is something that definitely piques our interest. The gist is that two British blokes, Spencer and Martin, travel around Europe in a VW Camper van in search of unsigned bands, documenting their progress as they go.

The program will feature many different kinds of music, including French electronica and London "Grindie." Eventually one band will be chosen by Spencer and Martin to have a professional promo video made. There's no word on when we'll be seeing this hit the PSN, other than that it will be "soon." Movement will almost certainly be exclusive to Europe - but you never know. This, along with the GT Academy competition that was announced, shows that SCEE is clearly very interested in episodic video content for the PSN and, to be honest, so are we.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/05/07/scee-announces-first-made-for-psn-tv-show-movement/

It's a pretty interesting concept.

morlock

There are lots of Playstation Day-720p-videos up on PSN Store (EU).

But they are all linked to Iron_Man_SD.mp4 right now

Top Bottom