• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE brings you: "Playstation Day 2008" The thread of hopeful hope.

From the news I've read about the PS Day... it pretty much sucked didn't it? Stuff pushed back, some of the big titles allegedly looking worse than expected and no really big news... Again, I haven't watched many of the vids (only the MS2 one) but meh.

Dante

MickeyKnox said:
Just got home, did I miss anything or was it a dud as expected?

25a5h5w.gif

DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE A DUD.

ichigo kurosaki said:
From the news I've read about the PS Day... it pretty much sucked didn't it? Stuff pushed back, some of the big titles allegedly looking worse than expected and no really big news... Again, I haven't watched many of the vids (only the MS2 one) but meh.

a9mkgm.gif

Niks

Just watched all the vids...

Motorstorm: Great lighting, but WTF at lunar physics?? Heh, hopefully they will fix that, looking good.

Killzone: OMGBBQWTF!!!11!! Insane. That is all.

Mirrors Edge: Man, what a welcome change of color palette!!! Awesome!!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Not a single RPG is being shown? Really? I was looking forward to new Shirokishi footage.

xero273

Concept17 said:
TGS - Septemberish

Though I thought someone mentioned something going on in a couple weeks? Somewhere further back in the thread.

Playstation Premiere?

They had it in July last year.

My biggest (realistic) disappointment was no HEAVY RAIN.

Haven't we been hearing for almost a year that we'll see it "soon"? I wonder if Cage is having problems with it?

E3 or bust.

I'm also kind of amazed at all the people expecting Japanese games at this show. If Afrika, WKS, AQUA, Trico (just to name a few) aren't at TGS, then I'll be concerned. WKS should be a lock, though. Isn't it still scheduled to release this winter in Japan?

No new bombs dropped, sadly. Saving for E3? It feels like we've done the same little song and dance here for years now. :(

lupinko said:
Looks more like just Asia and Europe, dunno if it'll even hit North America considering SCEA never localized Siren 2.

whole new console gen + push to get as many diverse 1st party games out as possible for the PS3 to help quell the whole "lack of games" myth = my complete shock if this game does not come state-side.

Kittonwy

Banned
TheJollyCorner said:
hopefully Sony is inspiring Square-Enix to show some FFXIII gameplay @ either E3 or TGS. :D

Nomchan in battle = 50 page thread

As in paying? I'm not sure when Square-Enix would ever show FFXIII real-time gameplay footage, I mean jeebus.
Indifferent2.gif

DuckRacer

ichigo kurosaki said:
The only game you can say that looks not as good as expected is Motorstorm 2. KZ2 looks phenomenal (and better than when it was at E3), you can't really judge Resistance 2 because all we've seen is a 320x180 highly compressed video, etc...

Speaking of R2, weren't there supposed to be some new screens of it released from this event? Whatever happened to that?

Afrikan

The Take Out Bandit said:
As it is in the real world, nobody gives a shit about Africa. :p

angry.gif

but yeah.... I happy with all the videos.... I'm about to check out the Haze demo in a sec... but good day so far.... I can't wait to see HQ footage of some of these videos though....and I'm looking forward to Friday for R2.......

mr_nothin

Banned
Do ppl ever learn?
Motorstorm 1 faced the EXACT same "problems" that everyone is listing.
ie:
Slow framerate
Slow game speed
Lunar gravity physics
Less than stellar overall look
....etc.

It's the exact same deal. Do you ppl ever stop and think that maybe...just MAYBE it's all apart of the development cycle?

andycapps

Wow at the new Killzone 2 footage and wow at the LBP footage. That level with the boss chasing the characters was very cool. Everytime I see that game I can't help but smile. :D

Panda

Wasn't expecting much out of this event, but I'm extremely pleased with the KZ2 and LBP footages, as well as more info on R2. :D

Darkpen

Banned
woah! has anyone tried accessing the default home page for when you load up your PS3's web browser? o_O Its so much nicer now! :D Instant access to Youtube and Flickr? Yes please! :D The little PS3 audio clip sort of surprised me! :lol

Concept17

LOVE the LBP level with the giant wheel of gas. Its damned cool watching it roll over everything, especially when it knocks it all on top of the players.

Simply cannot wait.

Wollan

Have you folks seen the new PSN logo? I mean, the globe with the four symbols. In the PSN Lineup video released yesterday on EU PS Store it has a totally new animation and chime sound effect now, pretty slick.

decon

Darkpen said:
woah! has anyone tried accessing the default home page for when you load up your PS3's web browser? o_O Its so much nicer now! :D Instant access to Youtube and Flickr? Yes please! :D The little PS3 audio clip sort of surprised me! :lol
What? Have they updated the browser or something I haven't heard of?

kevm3

Little Big Planet is probably the only game where I don't feel like I'm watching a game when I look at the clips. Maybe it's the combination of the high quality, realistic (for its type of game) visuals, coupled with the physics, but it looks like I'm watching a documentary of some strange new creature as opposed to 'looking like a game.' The sackboys just look like they exist in some real, alternate world of their own.

It also makes me want a Yoshi's Island remake or a new one with this level of graphics...

Darkpen

Banned
decon said:
What? Have they updated the browser or something I haven't heard of?

It does the PS3 chime, showing the ps3 logo, as it loads the web page. I like the fact that it has a link to the PS blog. Guess its time to remove my bookmark :lol

GrayFoxPL

Blimblim said:
First part of the Killzone 2 gameplay video is up:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6429_en.html

The 15 minutes have been cut to 5:30 (and then cut in 2 parts) because the guy playing sucked too much. Snoopers has gone back to the showfloor to get better footage.

In part 2 Gameplay there's a polish guy talking and I could swear it's the voice of a guy who does a rather humoristic gaming show in tv. He's a PC fanboy and together with console fanboy they're slap-talking themselves the whole time.

That could mean a major KZ2 footage may be coming. Doesn't surprise me really as Killzone 1 was best selling game in Poland and giving the rather large scale of piracy and fact that it's a console title it's quite an achievement. The fan base and support is pretty fucking big here for the title and Guillera knows it. To show it more clear - Killzone Liberation got proffesionally localized here and it's the only title on the whole system that got to. I'm pretty sure Killzone 2 will also be localized (and only killzone 2 ;P).

BTW. In LBP video, did they activate mode with lunar gravity or the framerate went to the shitter? Looked slugish. :\

kevm3 said:
Little Big Planet is probably the only game where I don't feel like I'm watching a game when I look at the clips. Maybe it's the combination of the high quality, realistic (for its type of game) visuals, coupled with the physics, but it looks like I'm watching a documentary of some strange new creature as opposed to 'looking like a game.' The sackboys just look like they exist in some real, alternate world of their own.

It also makes me want a Yoshi's Island remake or a new one with this level of graphics...

agreed, I dunno if its the lighting or something, but the game really has a realworld 3d look

Darkpen

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
agreed, I dunno if its the lighting or something, but the game really has a realworld 3d look
omg, I just watched that LBP video from gamersyde, and oh my god, DO FUCKING WANT ; ;

holy shit. That fucking chase scene? Epic.

Wollan

Discounting the traditional PSN releases & uncertain SCEJ releases, this should be the noteworthy exclusives for 08 most likely:
May: WipEout, Haze, SingStar (US)
June: MGS4, BUZZ (EU)
July: Siren Blood Curse (these 12 episodes will probably release over 12 weeks)
September: SOCOM, Valkyria, Home open Beta
October: LittleBigPlanet
November: Resistance 2, MotorStorm 2

Top Bottom