• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

SmokyDave

I'd buy it. Not to turn this into a war but sales have shown via games like Muramasa and P4G and Shinovi Versus that there is a sizeable hardcore audience on the Vita that will buy these games. Even Ragnarok Odyssey the developer said sold over 200,000 copies.
RO is over 300k now.

DigitalOp

Banned
drivebyqsuzq.gif

Thank you for this. seriously!

Made my Friday lol

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Fallout game on Vita - A dream to live on, but only a dream IMHO.
a good Strategy game - Announcement of Samurai & Dragons in the West (imo not so good a game)
A big atlus game - Shin Megami Tensei IV would make me so~ happy :D
Some good open world game - like Gravity Rush 2?
Might or magic - hmm, IMO not feasible
Localization of many japanese only psp and vita games - ehh, would love to have it...i hate to manage between my 3 vita PSN accounts (european, american and japanese)

I also hope that it would be Gran Turismo VITA, but I won't cross my fingers, because recently i begin to be more pessimistic about vita.

IMO the new "big" title announcement will be this:
dddt.png

Die! Die! Die! from Polish game developer iFun4All

I can understand lowering the expectations, but who on earth would call "big" die die die, a game from an unknown developer?
You should be a little more optimistic, and i would not exclude so categorically that at least 2 of my wishes will come true ;)

I'd be curious what Shahid would have to say when his posting privilages ar turned on, though the poor guy would probably get bombarded.

This news is already spreading to news sites aswell, so I hope whatever it is worth it because you know people will blame Shahid if its not "Amazing" though anything announced will get that reaction by some since opinions on what qualifies as Amazing is subjective.

It's tough because everything he said in his tweet is easy validate with the announcement, but it largely is in the eye of the beholder. If was say a PROPER Call of Duty then everything he said would be true, but would still disappoint many because shoot bang. You look at the guesses in this thread and they are all over the place, pick one and it makes some happy and others not. There was a mention of Elder Scrolls on the first page, that would please a lot of people but I couldn't be less interested in that.

BibiMaghoo

IIRC isn't the MP count limited by how many people can use party chat at a given time? What is it 4 max?

This is correct except the number is 8. Chat can support 8 people, so multi only supports 8 people.

I think this move was pretty out there. I think most people would gladly have a higher player count, and fuck off chat completely.

Maybe that's just me though.

sajj316

I wasn't aware that Shahid was an Executive. Thought he was just business development for Sony.

He's doing his job magnificently as part of it is to hype. Considering the recent signs on the indie side, his credibility is ever increasing.

My thoughts ..

GT6: Portable
Persona 5

This is correct except the number is 8. Chat can support 8 people, so multi only supports 8 people.

I think this move was pretty out there. I think most people would gladly have a higher player count, and fuck off chat completely.

Maybe that's just me though.

I think it was a design decision. Agree or not. But at least with that decision they make it so developers know the limit of online play and they will try to optimize the game for that. Sometimes putting limitations or a rule set on things can lead to better results, but on the flipside perhaps less unique experiences. You give me a set of items to work with in a limited space and I can more easily hone in on what I need to do, but give me a full set of tools and a bigger area and my options increase a lot, but so does my chance to fail.

ReaperXL7

It's tough because everything he said in his tweet is easy validate with the announcement, but it largely is in the eye of the beholder. If was say a PROPER Call of Duty then everything he said would be true, but would still disappoint many because shoot bang. You look at the guesses in this thread and they are all over the place, pick one and it makes some happy and others not. There was a mention of Elder Scrolls on the first page, that would please a lot of people but I couldn't be less interested in that.

I agree, proper Minecraft on a handheld would be pretty amazing in my opinion, but not others. GT would be Amazing to others, but not me(i like more Arcade style racing), GTA, Borderlands, and Bioshock could be abig deal for allot of people. Sadly many would latch onto any sort of crossplay/crossbuy as a knock against such games, but all of those could be a big deal.

I would be curious to know why Sony dropped their forcasts so sharply if one of those was coming as one would think all of those could shift some hardware if they are good enough, but that could just be so tha they can say they beat those predictions next year.

E3 should be interesting if thats where the announcement will go down.

Sky Chief

Of course the "a day" part is the big clue otherwise it wouldn't be in quotes. The only game I can think of right now that days are really important in is Persona. Anyone else have any ideas?

Of course the "a day" part is the big clue otherwise it wouldn't be in quotes. The only game I can think of right now that days are really important in is Persona. Anyone else have any ideas?

Think that is reading too far into it. It could just as easily be a Call of Duty where you would play everyday for hours online.

BibiMaghoo

I think it was a design decision. Agree or not. But at least with that decision they make it so developers know the limit of online play and they will try to optimize the game for that. Sometimes putting limitations or a rule set on things can lead to better results, but on the flipside perhaps less unique experiences. You give me a set of items to work with in a limited space and I can more easily hone in on what I need to do, but give me a full set of tools and a bigger area and my options increase a lot, but so does my chance to fail.

I don't disagree with any of that at all, but from a customers perspective, especially with the way the Vita has been marketed, 8 players is simply not enough. That instantly breaks down to 4 per team on any multiplayer team games. I suppose it is kind of mute at the moment, as the only games it is really a problem are both shitty games, but I can see this being an issue for future games.

I wanted the dream of FPS on the go, but it will never be great with only 8 players. I would gladly drop chat for an increase. Perhaps Sony will rectify this with time and updates, unless it is not capable of supporting more.

Redhood

Didnt shitlistic confirmed that higher numbers of multiplayer are possible but they went with 8 due to chat and budget

btkadams

guys, i'm pretty sure the P game is not the game he is referring to. i don't see any reason to think they are the same game. he has signed games all the time.

spannicus

I noticed a cycle with us Vita owners here. We always get hyped up and get let down. lol we must be strong and not lose focus

Top Bottom