• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

ReaperXL7

Guys it's Plant Vs Zombie 2 OR angry bird.

It's from Europe. Nothing significant for vita.

There is a good chance that it is not from Europe, even if it was it could be from Deep Silver so in that case it could be stuff like Saints Row 4, Sacred 3, or Dead Island for all we know.

However since they likely found out about this announcement themselves through an email, its unlikely from the region they are responsible for.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I love how you guys are bringing up Nintendo for some odd reason. If you guys are fine with the quality of games like CoD: BLACK OPS: Declassified, Uncharted: Touch Gimmicks and Assassins Creed 3: Liberate then why not just ignore my post? I didn't say anything untrue, the best selling games are spinoffs and ports. Some people like that and it's fine.

Hard to take you serious when you throw in gems like that.

Because Nintendo fanboyism is the only reason why anyone would be negative about Vita's future prospects, of course.

lol Quite rich coming from you good sir.

Afrit

Honestly, Sony killed my expectations for Vita announcement a long time ago so anything will probably just get a "Meh" response from me.

yeah, I noticed that you're slightly converting into a pessimistic "Toto". I hope that the announcements win your heart back before you sell your Vita ;D

AmanoBuff

the best selling games are spinoffs and ports. Some people like that and it's fine.

You barely mentioned sales and your argument was targeted more at downplaying Vita games and Vita owners.

See?

Vita owners love ports of mediocre PS2 RPGs

Then what is? Uncharted? CoD (lol)?

And yes, I'm playing SMT2 right now and I'd say calling Persona 4 mediocre would be me being nice.

Oh dear, this handheld is destined for more watered down console ports/spinoffs I suppose. Maybe it's a Last of Us prequel game.

Stating facts is one thing. Mocking/trolling is another.

Oh dear, this handheld is destined for more watered down console ports/spinoffs I suppose. Maybe it's a Last of Us prequel game.
Vita gets Uncharted: People say they don't want spinoffs of console frachises.
Vita gets GravityRush: People say it should have been on Ps3.
Vita gets Indies: People say they won't buy a Vita for Indies.
psvita-sad-660x350.jpg

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Isn't P4G the best selling Vita game? Vita owners love ports of mediocre PS2 RPGs, so I'm sure X and X-2 would do much better than Type-0. Save Type-0 for a PS4 release :)

This post gave me cancer.

ReaperXL7

Never understood the issue with ports or spinoffs. A good game is a good game.

Agreed, I could name quite a few games that are ports or spinoffs that i quite love to be honest. JSR on Vita is fantastic for instance, and Far Cry 3, Blood dragon is one of my favorite games this generation.

Also lets not fool ourselves, Dark Souls is pretty much a spin off of Demons Souls and everyone loves it. Its just a matter of how much effort and quality gos into the work.

EMT0

Banned
Ascension should have been a vita game

I have to agree, considering its sales weren't all that spectacular, it could have done disproportionately better on the Vita, if only because the more hardcore gamers are the ones that own a Vita right now and would probably pick it up in droves due to the drought of (AA) games right now.

kuroshiki

There is a good chance that it is not from Europe, even if it was it could be from Deep Silver so in that case it could be stuff like Saints Row 4, Sacred 3, or Dead Island for all we know.

However since they likely found out about this announcement themselves through an email, its unlikely from the region they are responsible for.

Ok. It's from SCEE. It's from Europe. Usually major Japanese games announced are announced from Japan. Major US games are of course announced in US first.

What makes you think whatever this game is NOT from Europe? I read the twitter posts and there is NOTHING that suggests that this is from another territory.

I love how you guys are bringing up Nintendo for some odd reason. If you guys are fine with the quality of games like CoD: BLACK OPS: Declassified, Uncharted: Touch Gimmicks and Assassins Creed 3: Liberate then why not just ignore my post? I didn't say anything untrue, the best selling games are spinoffs and ports. Some people like that and it's fine.

You can apply this to almost every other dedicated handheld so I think people confused by what your point was.

What do you think Super Mario Land was on a the Gameboy? An inferior spinoff to the mainland series.

SmokyDave

Yeah, a good game is a good game. Hard to get excited about then if you already have the hardware to play another version though.
I own all the consoles and handhelds. By that logic, I'd never get hyped for a multi-plat. Personally, I'd much rather play on my Vita than anything else*. As far as I'm concerned, they're just more good games coming to the hardware I want to play 'em on.

*To a lesser degree, the Wii-U too. Off-TV play, y'see.

Pennywise

Ok. It's from SCEE. It's from Europe. Usually major Japanese games announced are announced from Japan. Major US games are of course announced in US first.

What makes you think whatever this game is NOT from Europe? I read the twitter posts and there is NOTHING that suggests that this is from another territory.

Who said that SCEE is announcing it alone ?
Shahid might be the only one giving hints, but it could be a game with a worldwide release which can explain the involvement from SCEE.

It's not a port
So GTA: whatever and Skyrim,Fallout etc are already out of question.

It's not Type-0
Going by the recent tweets at least.

It's not God of war
Both SMM and RAD are working on PS4 projects.

It's a big title
I don't think Persona or Patapon qualify as a "big title" but it really all depend on what he mean by "big title".

It's either that leaked AC game or GT Vita, you guys are way over thinking this.

It's not a port
So GTA: whatever and Skyrim,Fallout etc are already out of question.

It's not Type-0
Going by the recent tweets at least.

It's not God of war
Both SMM and RAD are working on PS4 projects.

It's a big title
I don't think Persona or Patapon qualify as a "big title" but it really all depend on what he mean by "big title".

It's either that leaked AC game or GT Vita, you guys are way over thinking this.

Can't be GT. He said a third party game...

I own all the consoles and handhelds. By that logic, I'd never get hyped for a multi-plat. Personally, I'd much rather play on my Vita than anything else*. As far as I'm concerned, they're just more good games coming to the hardware I want to play 'em on.

*To a lesser degree, the Wii-U too. Off-TV play, y'see.

Of course I'm not saying that you shouldn't get hyped for multiplatorm games. But given the hyped announcement of a game for a platform, surely the vast majority of people would prefer it to be something new rather than something they'll be able to get on another platform they own? Wanting a handheld version is totally valid, of course.
And creating healthy handheld to entice new buyers isn't going to happen with ports.

Takao

Banned
A GTA spinoff wouldn't be a port. However, I don't think that's whatever this game is since I doubt Rockstar wants anything competing with GTA V unless it's a 2014 release.

I also doubt Rockstar wants to make a Vita game, and wonder if they even have the staff to do so after the seeming exodus of key Rockstar Leeds employees.

ReaperXL7

Mileena

Banned
Vita gets Uncharted: People say they don't want spinoffs of console frachises.
Vita gets GravityRush: People say it should have been on Ps3.
Vita gets Indies: People say they won't buy a Vita for Indies.
psvita-sad-660x350.jpg

You know what, I bought a Vita and a 32GB day one, got Uncharted through Gamefly and bought Gravity Rush day one. My expectations were either too high or Sony just did not deliver, so I sold it and lost a bunch of money. I'm not getting caught in a hype trap by Sony again, I still remember last E3.

SmokyDave

Of course I'm not saying that you shouldn't get hyped for multiplatorm games. But given the hyped announcement of a game for a platform, surely the vast majority of people would prefer it to be something new rather than something they'll be able to get on another platform they own? Wanting a handheld version is totally valid, of course.
And creating healthy handheld to entice new buyers isn't going to happen with ports.
Therein lies the secret. I barely get any time to play on my consoles, so when a 'port' appears on the Vita, it might as well be an exclusive for all it matters.

You're probably right about it not enticing new buyers though.

kuroshiki

Who said that SCEE is announcing it alone ?
Shahid might be the only one giving hints, but it could be a game with a worldwide release which can explain the involvement from SCEE.

So you think this game is made by SCE as a whole?

Or are you saying that major 3rd party gave hint to SCE. Dude. let's think about this. This is all about logic.

1) It's not from Japan. That one is pretty much guaranteed. Why would major 3rd party Japanese developer would send info to SCEE? Is this going to be a world-wide release? For Vita game? Not a chance in hell. If there is a major game, it will be in JP market FIRST and Foremost. Zero chance that SCEE will get a mail from JP 3rd party.

2) It's NOT from US. How can I say that? Because major developers in US doesn't give shit about vita. This one is almost 100% certainty.

3) That leaves Ubisoft and some unknown European development which I have NO idea, but given they are located in Europe, there is a very high chance that whatever european developers would contact SCEE first. (I mean they have to get certification and license. They are not going to contact SCEJ or SCEA for that.)

That's why it's from Europe and it's either Plant Vs Zombie 2 OR Angry bird.

ReaperXL7

Wow, what a cringeworthy conversation. It reads like something from an infomercial.

Lol except they are talking to each other...not us. At that point Shahid had not teased anything about this announcement, so if thats how they really feel about this then it could in fact be a major game.

Takao

Banned

Or are you saying that major 3rd party gave hint to SCE. Dude. let's think about this. This is all about logic.

1) It's not from Japan. That one is pretty much guaranteed. Why would major 3rd party Japanese developer would send info to SCEE? Is this going to be a world-wide release? For Vita game? Not a chance in hell. If there is a major game, it will be in JP market FIRST and Foremost. Zero chance that SCEE will get a mail from JP 3rd party.

2) It's NOT from US. How can I say that? Because major developers in US doesn't give shit about vita. This one is almost 100% certainty.

3) That leaves Ubisoft and some unknown European development which I have NO idea, but given they are located in Europe, there is a very high chance that whatever european developers would contact SCEE first. (I mean they have to get certification and license. They are not going to contact SCEJ or SCEA for that.)

You know the studio that develops the Grand Theft Auto games are European, right? Also, Popcap are American, why would it automatically be PVZ2 under you logic? It's probably another 6/10 Ubisoft spinoff. From what we've heard there's at least a new Ghost Recon, Rayman Legends, and maybe another AC coming.

ReaperXL7

Read my post above, if it came from SCEE these guys would have known about it before any email had been sent to any of them. Tony Clark is the head of SCEEs third party relations team.

Mario007

You know what, I bought a Vita and a 32GB day one, got Uncharted through Gamefly and bought Gravity Rush day one. My expectations were either too high or Sony just did not deliver, so I sold it and lost a bunch of money. I'm not getting caught in a hype trap by Sony again, I still remember last E3.
You mean the E3 where they announced entries from two of the biggest and best selling franchises for the console? None of which, in fact, was a port?

(actual quality of the game aside here, since we're just talking about the E3 announcements).

Also how about Sony's Gamescon which was only 2 months after e3 and Sony showed an awful lot of support from Sony for the Vita.
Agreed. Unless it is something truly amazing, he should stop it for now.
I think he's talking about all the Indie titles coming to Vita with that tweet.

At this point, I'm starting to feel trolled :(

TBH I felt that way since he hyped since I first heard about him (around feb 20th). I think he's a huge troll. Vita owners should get ready for their amazing games...angry birds and plants vs zombies 2.

Top Bottom