• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

Afrit

Father_Brain is in every single Vita thread and if he's on a thread and someone makes a comment on vita, especially regarding its sales or future outlook, he'll be sure to reply. Based on that, I'm not sure Shahid cares more about Vita than Father_Brain. Actually, I'm not sure anyone cares more about the vita than FB.

Whether it's Vita or Wii U, Father_Brain cares only about sales.

With all due respect to Father_Brain, you're discrediting Shahid's sincere passion by this comparison.

You are far too emotionally invested in the Vita.
Quite the opposite, I find his opinions uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices.

I still think it's gonna be Phoenix Wright HD.

max-toss1.gif

And it's gonna be.... FABULOUS!

NSFW, you can see her nipple.

i am beginning to suspect that no matter what game it is it will never be good enough for you.and you will always be dissapointed.

This may be a shocker to you, I know, but ports of games I already own don't excite me, lest they be 10/10s and be dramatically improved. WOW. I'm so hard to please. P4G gets a pass because it's easily the best RPG of the past 5-10 years and I've replayed it and will replay it. Yknow what else I really enjoyed? Gravity Rush. The better version of VLR. I'm currently enjoying Soul Sacrifice. Yknow, NEW games, that either released at the same time, as better versions, or were EXCLUSIVE to the Vita?

You act as though I should have been excited for the PS2 downport of RE4 after I already owned a gamecube and the game already.

Yknow what'll be good enough for me? An exclusive game that isn't a watered down portable version of something that already exists. If you're so easy to please with old ports and c-grade spinoffs of console games (looking at you AC:R and Declassified) then I suppose I must look jaded to you indeed for wanting NEW GAMES.

ReaperXL7

Take it how you like, but from the PSBlog:

Fred, when will we receive news about Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD?Also, are there any new PS Vita games on the horizon?Finally, there is a lack of meaningful PS4 news (for example, what else it does, apart from gaming). Is it because SCEE wait to see what Microsoft has to say first?

From Fred Dutton:

FFX – I’m sure Square Enix will have some more news soon

Vita games – Absolutely. We announced three new titles last week (see above), and there are plenty more reveals coming

PS4 – E3 is in less than a month…

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/05/12/the-playstation-blog-recap-11/#comment-380235

Nice! Still, I would like someone at Sony to confirm that the Vita will have a presence on their E3 conference. I didn't like that "whatever happens at E3" quote from Shahid one bit.
Shahid's quote was presumably because it's not his department, and the exact plans are probably being worked on by marketing/PR right up to when the show stars.

ReaperXL7

oh yay fred more indie games that'll be shared with ps3 and ps4 just what i bought my vita for

before this Shahid stuff I would have agreed with you (despite me enjoying all the indie support), but maybe thats not as accurate as we thought. Im sure we will still end up with far more indies though because I would think on average they take allot less time to develop. Cross-buy,Cross-play,and Cross-Save are positives in my opinion and something Sony should be commended for since they are pro consumer initatives.

Nice! Still, I would like someone at Sony to confirm that the Vita will have a presence on their E3 conference. I didn't like that "whatever happens at E3" quote from Shahid one bit.

yeah, I did not like that all that much either, but it could just be the fact that he is from SCEE and there for has little or no knowledge of SCEAs plans for Vita in terms of E3. He has not clarified that comment that I know of.

before this Shahid stuff I would have agreed with you (despite me enjoying all the indie support), but maybe thats not as accurate as we thought. Im sure we will still end up with far more indies though because I would think on average they take allot less time to develop. Cross-buy,Cross-play,and Cross-Save are positives in my opinion and something Sony should be commended for since they are pro consumer initatives.

yeah, I did not like that all that much either, but it could just be the fact that he is from SCEE and there for has little or no knowledge of SCEAs plans for Vita in terms of E3. He has not clarified that comment that I know of.

I am still waiting for their previous E3 announcements/picture of developer games to show up, let alone this year.

And yea I enjoy some indie games, but I didn't buy an indie machine, at least not what I was led to believe with Sony's initial marketing and promises.

I'm so torn as to Cross Buy. On the one hand, it's fantastic that we get both versions of the game for a single price.

On the other, it essentially turns Vita games into PS3 games. Why the fuck would I play Soundshapes on the Vita when I could play it on my PS3?

ReaperXL7

I am still waiting for their previous E3 announcements/picture of developer games to show up, let alone this year.

And yea I enjoy some indie games, but I didn't buy an indie machine, at least not what I was led to believe with Sony's initial marketing and promises.

I understand this completely, however when Sony announced, and launched the Vita this indie push did not exsist for Sony yet, they were not pushing to include indies in their plans at that time. So would you have preferred that they had not included Vita in those plans? Would you hav preffered that the indie games only showed up on PS3 instead(despite many of them being argueably better on Vita) and ignored the Vita entirely?

I would not have as im loving these games and cant wait for many of them to be portable. Games like Killzone, Tareaway, Ys, Ass Creed on average take long periods of time to produce reguardless of how many of them exsist, so having allot of quality indie games available in between those big releases is great in my opinion.

Spiegel

Being fair to Sony, there really weren't many Vita games to promote in the actual conference last year. Tearaway, KZ and even AC were probably still too early in development for a live demo and COD was little more than a logo. Well, sure, they forgot to make a montage but what was missing? They showed LBP, Sly and PSABR.

Best bets for this year: Montage of indie games shared with PS3/4, Sony Bend and Yves Guillemot on stage promoting exclusive 60 min content for PS3 and one or two Vita games.

I understand this completely, however when Sony announced, and launched the Vita this indie push did not exsist for Sony yet, they were not pushing to include indies in their plans at that time. So would you have preferred that they had not included Vita in those plans? Would you hav preffered that the indie games only showed up on PS3 instead(despite many of them being argueably better on Vita) and ignored the Vita entirely?

I would not have as im loving these games and cant wait for many of them to be portable. Games like Killzone, Tareaway, Ys, Ass Creed on average take long periods of time to produce reguardless of how many of them exsist, so having allot of quality indie games available in between those big releases is great in my opinion.

I see the indie push as an "Oh shit we have no releases scheduled for our *flagship* handheld until early fall, Scramble team!" Type of response rather than the spin they are putting on it now as they are an indie dev savior, as long as there is still some sort of outside dev support and decent first party support I will be okay.

Right now though all I hear are indie, indie, game drought, but look at our indies!

Holy rant, I am going with it though.

ReaperXL7

I'm so torn as to Cross Buy. On the one hand, it's fantastic that we get both versions of the game for a single price.

On the other, it essentially turns Vita games into PS3 games. Why the fuck would I play Soundshapes on the Vita when I could play it on my PS3?

For me Sound Shapes is a poor example because its Simply better on Vita, the level/music creation stuff is so much more intuative with the touch screen then they are with a controller. Guacamelee is a game I could understand the arguement more for, but I also preferred to have it portable. Its also nice in my opinion that Cross save allows you to have both and share progress between the two platforms.

Finally, and this is just the way I see it because I dont plan to keep my PS3 when the PS4 is launched, it means I dont have to be concerned about my purchases because despite not having my PS3 anymore I will still have many of those games available to me.

Terraria has no PS4 version that we know of, neither does Lone Survivor, or Sound Shapes, or a bunch of others, and they wont be backwards compatible from PS3, but I can still play them because I will have them on Vita.

AmanoBuff

I think you are right. Looking at it that way, it definitely looks like a statement made more out of lack of knowledge than one made due to knowing something negative.

I think the biggest issue with cross buy is that only indies and Sony are willing to implement it, which sort of spoils gamers, causing negative reactions when third parties don't support it.

As for playing on the PS3 or Vita, I think it is a matter of taste and needs. Every game I have available on both consoles I prefer to play on my Vita. Not only because of the sleep/wake function or the nice OLED, but also because other people at home also use the TV.

NSFW, you can see her nipple.

Actually, it's a him.

But hey if Shahid is not lying we should just push him for let him arrange a Vita port of Phoenix Wright. It should not be expensive for Capcom because it does exist on iOs.

Shahid, are you here? Please man, if you could get Phoenix Wright on Vita I will send you some Heineken beers all the way from the Netherlands.

There was a thread about it on GAF where Vita/PS3 owners were telling which platforms they choose for crossbuy games.
PS3 was small minority

ReaperXL7

I see the indie push as an "Oh shit we have no releases scheduled for our *flagship* handheld until early fall, Scramble team!" Type of response rather than the spin they are putting on it now as they are an indie dev savior, as long as there is still some sort of outside dev support and decent first party support I will be okay.

Right now though all I hear are indie, indie, game drought, but look at our indies!

Holy rant, I am going with it though.

this is abit misguided in my opinion since the indie push seems important to Sony as awhole. If it was not we would not have seen Blow on Sonys stage for the PS4 reveal, we would not have gotten Primal Carnage, or Blacklight announcements for the PS4, and we would not be hearing rumblings of Day Z coming to PS4.

The indie push in my opinion is Sony realizing a changing shift in the development atmosphere, and adjusting because of it. I think allot of people forget that some of this industries most celebrated developers came from indie beginnings. Guys like Rich Garriot, John Carmak, Cliffy B, Will Wright,etc. These guys started making games in their garage, and became some of the most influential people gaming has eve had.

It would be in Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendos best interest to nurture these talents so they dont miss out on those potential relationships, because you never know when someone will create the next Doom, Ultima, or Minecraft.

For me Sound Shapes is a poor example because its Simply better on Vita, the level/music creation stuff is so much more intuative with the touch screen then they are with a controller. Guacamelee is a game I could understand the arguement more for, but I also preferred to have it portable. Its also nice in my opinion that Cross save allows you to have both and share progress between the two platforms.

Finally, and this is just the way I see it because I dont plan to keep my PS3 when the PS4 is launched, it means I dont have to be concerned about my purchases because despite not having my PS3 anymore I will still have many of those games available to me.

Terraria has no PS4 version that we know of, neither does Lone Survivor, or Sound Shapes, or a bunch of others, and they wont be backwards compatible from PS3, but I can still play them because I will have them on Vita.

See here's the difference I suppose. I bought a Vita purely for exclusive games. It has never left my home, so portability is nil. I also have 5 systems currently hooked up including my PS2, so the idea that I would junk one of them when the new ones come out is goofy. Well, the PS2'll be the one that leaves its spot for an input, but the PS3/360/WiiU/PS4/Xbox Infinity/PC will all be hooked up for the entirety of the next console gen.

As to the games you mentioned, well, that's part of the reason I bought them on PC, in addition to them being the best versions.

The Vita has similar problems for me as PS+ does. It's "features" or "gets" are more or less worthless because all I care about is exclusive content for the device such as Gravity Rush and P4G.

See here's the difference I suppose. I bought a Vita purely for exclusive games. It has never left my home, so portability is nil. I also have 5 systems currently hooked up including my PS2, so the idea that I would junk one of them when the new ones come out is goofy. Well, the PS2'll be the one that leaves its spot for an input, but the PS3/360/WiiU/PS4/Xbox Infinity/PC will all be hooked up for the entirety of the next console gen.

As to the games you mentioned, well, that's part of the reason I bought them on PC, in addition to them being the best versions.

The Vita has similar problems for me as PS+ does. It's "features" or "gets" are more or less worthless because all I care about is exclusive content for the device such as Gravity Rush and P4G.

Well, then to be honest, if you are not using the only distinct feature of the Vita (portability!) but still judge it in relation to 6 different high-powered systems, the whole comparison becomes meaningless. It's as if Michael Schumacher complained about the performance of the new Toyota on his favorite racing track because he already has 3 Ferraris in the garage.

Well, then to be honest, if you are not using the only distinct feature of the Vita (portability!) but still judge it in relation to 6 different high-powered systems, the whole comparison becomes meaningless. It's as if Michael Schumacher complained about the performance of the new Toyota on his favorite racing track because he already has 3 Ferraris in the garage.

Yeah, you're right. I fucking hate that I had to buy a vita to play P4G, or Gravity Rush, or VLR. Same reason I hate that the 3ds is the only way I can play Mario 3Dland, or SMT4, or Fire Emblem Awakening. Portables are fucking garbage. The best thing the PSP ever had was the PSP Go allowing a TV out setup along with using a PS3 controller for Bluetooth. That alone makes it the greatest portable of all time.

But I did buy it, and it'd be nice if some games came out on it that were exclusive to the platform to justify its purchase into being less awful.

EDIT: Alternatively, releasing a Vita 2000 that had TV out and PS4 controller support would be dandy.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, if it is Phoenix Wright, I would be very, very happy.

EDIT: Just realize what it is!

It's Bioshock guys! Written by Levine and developed fully by Irrational!

yurinka

I'd love to see the Phoenix Wright games on Vita, Shahim. Same goes with Street Fighter, Monster Hunter or Resident Evil. Capcom!

I'm going to guess here:

Namco: Dark Souls/souls

Zenimax/Bethesda: Elderscrolls

Konami: MGS V?

2K: GTA

Ubi: AC, Splinter Cell or Watch Dogs Vita?

Epic: a finished game from their NGP tech demo

Tiops

People really like to be disappointed here, huh?

I understang getting a little hyped by this tweets, but some expectations here are absurd.

I'm hyping Shenmue 3 Vita exclusive now! With FF7 remake as a free bonus.

I'm going to guess here:

Namco: Dark Souls/souls

Zenimax/Bethesda: Elderscrolls

Konami: MGS V?

2K: GTA

Ubi: AC, Splinter Cell or Watch Dogs Vita?

Epic: a finished game from their NGP tech demo

2K would be Bioshock/Borderlands and R* would be GTA and RDR
You could have said Gears spin off for Epic, but damn if that's not a hell of a wishlist

Eugh. Come on Shahid, if you're gonna give us a severe case of the blue balls, then at least give us an idea of whenabouts those blue balls can bust. It's just common courtesy.

Skyzard

Banned
Shahid has made a million tweets today, are any of them more hype? I'm worried he's backing down again :p

[And] Of course it's teasing, what else do we have :p

Well put.

Also totally agree with what some one else said: Vita needs to have a quick app to pair with the ps4 (after setting it up the first time) to act as a controller. It's a bit of a pain atm.

Top Bottom