• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

Aytrial

aLgkxDI.jpg

I laughed at that more than I should have.

Sorry, Shahid.

wait not an indie title?

aw shit hype again

EDIT: Didn't someone at Konami say they were working on a smaller MGS title that would release this fall? Could MGS Vita be the secret game?

Skeff

FM14 with PC cross-save is pretty huge for Europe, in fairness.

Yes FM games are huge in europe, to get an actual real version of it with cross PC saves is...ridiculous.

EDIT:

I think the announcement of Minecraft, borderlands 2 and the full version of football manager as well as all of these indies is a huge set of announcements for the Vita.

vivftp

Does Borderlands 2 coming to Vita not fit this bill? I thought that was pretty huge.

It is indeed huge, even if some may downplay it due to it being a port. I'm likely going to double dip even though I already have BL2 on PS3. I wonder what the chances of them offering a discount to people who bought it on PS3 are.

It doesn't fit the bill though, since it was noted the game in question is not a port.

Anyways back to Borderlands 2, I wonder just how close to the full console version this will be graphically. The cell shaded world should look absolutely stunning on the Vita screen. Can't wait!

Didn't Shahid tweet something back in May or June promising at least one unannounced AAA Vita game this year? Not necessarily the game from the OP, IIRC.

Wynnebeck

Banned
It could be Football Manager.

It was. People are not realizing how big Football Manager is over in Europe. It's one o the rising IP in that continent and having a portable version with cross-saving features with PC is going to do gangbusters. I'd say this was one of the more significant announcements this afternoon.

wait not an indie title?

aw shit hype again

EDIT: Didn't someone at Konami say they were working on a smaller MGS title that would release this fall? Could MGS Vita be the secret game?

My impression was that if true, it would be MGS: Ground Zeroes, and it'd be a short prologue to V and would probably be included in next-gen versions of MGSV.

A Metal Gear Vita game would be bomb-diggity though

Tenki

It was. People are not realizing how big Football Manager is over in Europe. It's one o the rising IP in that continent and having a portable version with cross-saving features with PC is going to do gangbusters. I'd say this was one of the more significant announcements this afternoon.

I think you are really overestimating FM on Vita. It's big on PCs, where everyone play all these managing games, but are those people going to buy a Vita just to play a probably worse version of FM when they are already playing it on PC?

I think gangbusters is far from reality, considering Football Manager comes every year to PSP and no one gives a fuck.

kvothe

This man speaks the truth. Yay for turning the Vita into a indie games and remote play device.

What do you expect? They should invest in a high-cost blockbuster for a system that has been selling poorly? They're doing what makes sense for the vita right now, and hopefully these plans will move more vitas and then bigger games can come.

nampad

Football Manager would be a port though. he said not a port. BL2 is also out.

Port could have meant a late port like Borderlands 2. This would be a multiplatform release, like Rayman Legends and Fifa 14.

We don't know how far the game was when he tweeted about it. I would guess it was in preproduction so the release and announcement could still be far off.

Personally, I would be fine if he meant Football Manager, for me its that huge.

Top Bottom