• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

stryke

I think Diablo 3 is in the realm of possibility. Not sure if a Bioshock on Vita would make me play hours on end.

Shit, just remembered...Persona 5!!!

Bittercup

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a new Assassin's Creed game
There was a leak of an Assassin's Creed title a while ago named Rising Phoenix. I don't think it was resolved for which game the title will be used for. So maybe it's indeed a new Vita game.

sublimit

Banned
How about instead of his stupid teasing gets his lazy ass to update his shitty EU PSN store with some NA classic playstation games?

Chrono Cross
Threads of Fate
Xenogears
Legend of Dragoon

would all be a good start.

Pikma

Banned
Call of Duty: Ghosts Declassified. Developed by Nihilistic, releasing tomorrow, game has been in development for 3 weeks now.

SmokyDave

Not indie? Blimey charlie.

How about instead of his stupid teasing gets his lazy ass to update his shitty EU PSN store with some NA classic playstation games?

Chrono Cross
Threads of Fate
Xenogears
Legend of Dragoon

Lazy? The guy seems to work 25 hours a day keeping the Vita afloat single-handedly.

Corto

My bet is on Gran Turismo 6 Vita game to expand on the GT PSP and GT 5 connection. The Silverstone event is just a few days away.

Afrit

The fact that it's "Not indie" should be on the thread title or the OT for clarification.

I hope it's an
action RPG

Joni

Chrono Cross
Threads of Fate
Xenogears
Legend of Dragoon

No, I'd actually like new Vita titles for my Vita instead of old PS1 games so he is doing an awesome job. And aside from that, three of those are Square-Enix games. Sony isn't the boss of Square-Enix.

nofi

The "hours a day" comment is the key, I think. Something like Minecraft could be considered 'addictive' but is that 'indie' or not?

Gran Turismo? Does that qualify for something you'd play for 'hours a day', in what seems like a repetitive, systemic thing?

Maybe I'm overthinking this.

The "hours a day" comment is the key, I think. Something like Minecraft could be considered 'addictive' but is that 'indie' or not?

Gran Turismo? Does that qualify for something you'd play for 'hours a day', in what seems like a repetitive, systemic thing?

Maybe I'm overthinking this.

Some people play GT for years so it would fit the bill.

Loris146

Anyway i don't understand. Sony forecast 5 ML of PS Vita(+ PSP) with a Gran Turismo title? This make no sense. Or they don't believe that GT will push hardware sales...Mah.

shink

Borderlands Portable 1+2 + DLC. Hahaha who am I kidding.

A GT portable game with an actual story mode would be killer. All I know is that I'll be disappointed because I hype these things up way too much.

Anyway i don't understand. Sony forecast 5 ML of PS Vita(+ PSP) with a Gran Turismo title? This make no sense. Or they don't believe that GT will push hardware sales...Mah.
Their earlier forecasts were insane. I think they were forecasting 14-16 million for Vita/PSP and then they had to degrade them to 6-7 million but still were unable to hit it.

They are just being more cautious this time around and making a realistic estimate.

Skyzard

Banned
^ Does it count as indie though?

I wanna know what it is now :'(

It has to be something awesome, he doesn't seem like the type to troll hype and we have a face, he can't pull a Sega Soccer Manager on us.

Can't wait!

At least Sega have some new titles planned as well, finally.

DiscoJer

I think the "hooked" part is perhaps the key. If not a fishing game, then something involving pirates? Maybe an AC4 spin off game? I think everyone is expecting that, anyway.

Loris146

I agree with you guys but a forecast of 5 ML (including PSP) is simply ridicolous. If you develop your biggest franchise for PS Vita you can't forecast only 5 milion.

In fact Nintendo forecasts 18 ML of 3ds this year because there will be Monster Hunter,Pokemon and a lot of other games that will push hardware sales.

Top Bottom