• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

Bikram

If it's Planetside 2... God bless Sony. I sort of have a feeling they may have been referring to PS4 or PS3 by other platforms since it's currently PC only right? It seems so huge to pack into a vita, but that would be something. And it sort of fits the descriptions!

Yes getting it on Vita would be challenge. Let's wait and see.

I am waiting for all the epic meltdowns similar to the GI ones few days back.

So when is this getting announced?

gran-turismo-6-divers-ME3050135909_2.jpg

BELIEVE!

AkiraGr

Banned
GTA Vita yes time to dust off my vita, lets hope for a resonable ps+ user discount for downloadble only users.

Cross play with Ps3 oooooh this gona be good!

sakipon

I sure hope not. Plus I really doubt that Atlus would be so stupid and release it exclusively for a platform on lifesupport (sorry Vita owners).

And btw: Announcements for announcements are the worst thing this gen next to first day DLCs and micro-transactions. If you have news tell us, if not stfu.

Yup. I understand dumb gloating and shady hints from unofficial people like fans and IGN reporters. They have a need to assure people that they know secrets.

But from companies and people working for them? Jesus.

I was expecting Minecraft, but since it's not an indie title I'm expecting it to be Gran Turismo.

Still dreaming for a Red Dead spin-off, though.

Bumhead

Banned
A proper Gran Turismo, with plenty of cars, modes and a proper GT career structure, would be enough to make me buy a Vita.

Your move, Sony.

Don't joke about that. If Shenmue comes to Vita, even if it's just a remaster, I'd cry tears of joy.

Seriously though, I don't think that's it. Whilst Shenmue is amazing, I don't think it's the kind of game Sony would gloat about.

A shower of beautiful light would wash over me. Cleansing my soul, and such; if they announced Shenmue collection port for Vita. Dear god I don't think I could handle Shenmue on the go. It would be too damn convenient to play all day every day.

I'm super close to buying a Vita. Push me over the edge Sony!

Go to a shop, see the screen, play with the loveliest of d-pads (this side of a Fightpad) and ACTUAL decent analogue sticks (nubs, ugh) swoosh around with the operating system 'bubbles', and then play Wipeout and Velocity.

That might well push you over the edge :)

Tiops

I stopped hyping this kind of announcement a long time ago. I think that "Wow, it's fucking nothing!" gif will be perfect for this thread.

I personally hope it's the new "What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord?" such a fantastic and underrated series of games that have hooked me beyond any other PSP game.

And with the recent filing for another trademark thinking of those games PLUS trophies? Fuck.

What will it be? Gran Turismo 6, Tri-Buy. Something I have no interest in but would be an amazing big title.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I hope it's a big good exclusive game, what i REALLY want:
fallout game
xcom game
a good managerial(like old simcity)
a good strategy game
a big atlus game, a new persona or even better a persona-esque new ip.
some good open world game(saints row would be awesome)
Might & magic 6 or heroes of might & magic 3 remake or similar quality sequel(too bad this is even more impossible than ff xiii versus on vita)
The localization of many many japanese only psp and vita games... :(

MorfiTM

Neo Member
I hope it's a big good exclusive game, what i REALLY want:
fallout game
xcom game
a good managerial(like old simcity)
a good strategy game
a big atlus game, a new persona or even better a persona-esque new ip.
some good open world game(saints row would be awesome)
Might & magic 6 or heroes of might & magic 3 remake or similar quality sequel(too bad this is even more impossible than ff xiii versus on vita)
The localization of many many japanese only psp and vita games... :(

Fallout game on Vita - A dream to live on, but only a dream IMHO.
a good Strategy game - Announcement of Samurai & Dragons in the West (imo not so good a game)
A big atlus game - Shin Megami Tensei IV would make me so~ happy :D
Some good open world game - like Gravity Rush 2?
Might or magic - hmm, IMO not feasible
Localization of many japanese only psp and vita games - ehh, would love to have it...i hate to manage between my 3 vita PSN accounts (european, american and japanese)

I also hope that it would be Gran Turismo VITA, but I won't cross my fingers, because recently i begin to be more pessimistic about vita.

IMO the new "big" title announcement will be this:
dddt.png

Die! Die! Die! from Polish game developer iFun4All

While I do think some big indie games are coming, I think this tweet was referring to a really big title/franchise that would get announced at E3. There was another tweet somewhere that added more context to this one.

Spiegel

That we have to hope for Sony to bring their biggest franchise (GT) to one of their consoles is absolutely mindblowing. It would be like Nintendo not releasing any Mario game on WiiU or 3DS.

I really hope it's GT Vita. But it probably isn't.

That we have to hope for Sony to bring their biggest franchise (GT) to one of their consoles is absolutely mindblowing. It would be like Nintendo not releasing any Mario game on WiiU or 3DS.

I really hope it's GT Vita. But it probably isn't.

Would be like Nintendo not releasing mainline Pokemon on home console

That's a much better comparison. As it's evolved GT has become more and more of a console specific title. They even design the handling around a racing wheel before it's adapted for the Dual Shock.

Spiegel

No, Mario it's their biggest franchise.

And all Nintendo consoles since the N64 have had Pokemon releases. No one is saying that Polyphony should release an exclusive mainline Gran Turismo game.

I'm admittedly skeptical, but Shahid seems like a pretty stand-up guy, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Don't think he should have promised that Vita wouldn't be ignored at E3, though. I have a feeling that one's going to bite him in the ass.

Top Bottom