• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEI PR: PS4 is not region locked

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hoping region free applies to DVD's and Bluerays too.
It won't, but really, I've found that most Blu-rays are multi-region to begin with. I've purchased a whole bunch of Blus in Europe for my US PS3 thus far and every one of them has worked without a problem (even those not listing regions on the cover). There are exceptions, of course, but they are less common than I expected.

Quixzlizx

The PS4 being region-locked would've bothered me more than used game DRM. I'm glad they're keeping all of their systems region-free. Now I just need to hope that more shmups are released on it next-gen so I can import them all instead of crossing my fingers for the region-locked games to get localizations.

The PS4 being region-locked would've bothered me more than used game DRM. I'm glad they're keeping all of their systems region-free. Now I just need to hope that more shmups are released on it next-gen so I can import them all instead of crossing my fingers for the region-locked games to get localizations.

agreed.

Top Bottom