• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJ may be planning PS4 event before TGS

koji kabuto

If I could have my dream it would be

Suikoden 6
Vandal Hearts 3
Azure Dreams 3
Legend of Dragoon 2
Legend of Legaia 3
Star Ocean
Breath of Fire 5
Alundra 3
Wild Arms 6
Dark Cloud 3
Rogue Galaxy 2
Persona 5
Ni No Kuni 2
Psychic Force 3

Holy shit,Sony make it happen PLEASE!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm pretty sure it's going to be centered on Final Fantasy XV and Final Fantasy XIV.

BadWolf

Demon's Souls 2, I read the rumors but it's weird since From has their own IP now, unless Sony going to do it Batman Origin/Dead Rising 2 style (as in new studio copying the original)

Except for the fact that Miyazaki, the man behind Demon's and Dark souls, isn't working on Dark Souls II but is working on something else.

etrain911

What they need is a Vita heaven. Still, this should be nice to see! I'm interested to see if we'll see anymore games that are coming out for ps3 headed for ps4 (Puppeteer and GTA5, I'm lookin' at you!)

Minigo

Last Guardian unveiling guys this is it, this time is for real

Åesop;63251771 said:
Metal Gear Online 3

obviously :3

That is coming, but that would be announce by Konami/Kojima itself, TGS I think

Issun23

Unless there's more in the interview itself (haven't read it yet), the heading in the Famitsu link says "An event to experience the PS4 first-hand is being considered?!" Sounds like a public display of the PS4 for Japanese fans and not a conference where new games are announced.

RyoonZ

Banned
I hope they'll do collab with tri-Ace. They haven't doing console stuff since FFXIII-2, that would leave them 1.5 years development if they're making a PS4 game.

Also Level-5. Ni no Kuni came out November 2011, that would also leave them 1.5 years worth of development cycle if they're working on a PS4 game.

thelastword

Banned
First PS launch without a ridge racer, something's awry. Also where is the launch fighter? I figure both would be coming from Japan.

orioto

Good Art™
I'm looking forward to those japanese PS4 games. Should not be "The division" type of assets details for now but even current gen assets with incredible iq will be glory with japanese art directions. Cyber Connect 2 i'm looking at you!

Akainu

Team Ico is in shatters and who knows what siren is sticking to so, there is really only polyphony as far as consoles go for first party goes.

Kuroudu

If I could have my dream it would be

Suikoden 6
Vandal Hearts 3
Azure Dreams 3
Legend of Dragoon 2
Legend of Legaia 3
Star Ocean
Breath of Fire 5
Alundra 3
Wild Arms 6
Dark Cloud 3
Rogue Galaxy 2
Persona 5
Ni No Kuni 2
Psychic Force 3

Such an awesome dream, but only a dream >_<
And more Final Fantasy XV news!

thelastword

Banned
Reality Fighters 2
Well, that and ragdoll kungfu dont count, lol. Seriously though, I think Sony could really revive some great fighters for next gen. MS has gone with Killer Instinct. So I think they should revive any one of these: Bushido Blade, Battle Arena Toshinden, Ergheiz or Bloody Roar.

Persona 5 could actually have a chance here, if it is in development for Ps4 that is.

I don't think you're going to see P5 for a while - most smaller Japanese third parties don't even have PS4 devkits, most likely.

I'm also thinking Atlus will cheap out and just make P5 for the 3DS so they don't have to spend money making new demon models. They've been so lazy this gen it's hard to see them actually starting to put in effort now.

Ridge Racer 8 made by Namco Japan please !!! I'm still playing RR7 on PS3 and that game is amazing, i would love RR8 to be made by the same guys !

+ the game sells well in Japan... Please Namco ?

GorillaJu

Speaking of Persona 5, when it eventually does come out I really hope it's cross-gen compatible. Not requiring optimization for PS4 or anything, but if they just dumped the same thing on PS4 in higher resolution (like an HD collection) I'd be thrilled. I'd like to be able to play it with a DS4, without having to fire up my PS3.

How likely is it that with import games, you will have to have a separate account a la Vita? Will I need a Japanese PSN account to play JP import games?

Akainu

Speaking of Persona 5, when it eventually does come out I really hope it's cross-gen compatible. Not requiring optimization for PS4 or anything, but if they just dumped the same thing on PS4 in higher resolution (like an HD collection) I'd be thrilled. I'd like to be able to play it with a DS4, without having to fire up my PS3.
ZQjXqZJ.gif

PS4 all or nothing.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Don't get your hopes up people. It's probably some trash like Destiny of Spirits PS4 Ver. or something.

Get hype...again!

Hopefully this is where the really creative and interesting games come from. I love the idea of open world shooters but lets have some freakin' variety for crying outloud. Its becoming a one genre gen out there and I don't see enough people complaining about it.

Issun23

Ok, got through the whole interview. He says that Tokyo Game Show is of the utmost importance to promote the PS4 and other events where fans could experience the PS4 first-hand are being considered ahead of release. He isn't talking about conferences or presentations to announce new games. That will come with TGS.

Evilisk

I'm a bit surprised at this. They're working on quite a lot already. Currently they have Rain, Puppeteer, Knack, Freedom Wars and Last Guardian, and there's probably more we don't know about (like speculated Demon's Souls 2 as an example).

I'm personally hoping for Folklore 2. I know Games Republic is gone but the creator still wants it to happen (he just doesn't have the money) and all of the former GR devs managed to transfer over to Tango Gameworks in one peace. Do it.

Ok, got through the whole interview. He says that Tokyo Game Show is of the utmost importance to promote the PS4 and other events where fans could experience the PS4 first-hand are being considered ahead of release. He isn't talking about conferences or presentations to announce new games. That will come with TGS.

Isn't that a bit...late to really build consumer confidence though? Won't this year's TGS be only a few weeks before the system launches? They're not going to be able to announce entirely new launch games that close to the system's release date unless they're downloadable titles...

Top Bottom