• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Schumer, Pelosi announce deal with Trump to protect young immigrants; No wall

The ads, they make me laugh.

7dmdKgV.jpg

I'm tapping 'report this ad' on this here but all it does is make it bigger. Grr!

Boke1879

Joe Walsh
@WalshFreedom
Trump, Pelosi and Schumer just screwed us. So much for Trump being a good deal maker.

What bull.

9:38pm · 13 Sep 2017 · Twitter for Android

I mean he'll be dangling from Trump's nuts again in a week but lol.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I mean he'll be dangling from Trump's nuts again in a week but lol.

I dunno. The wall has often felt like the line in the sand many of his racist cult absolutely 100% won't let him cross.

He gets to keep the wall card in his pocket to prop out everytime he does a rally or gets pissed and goes on a rant on twitter or whenever. The best deals indeed, he gets to keep his imaginary wall and people get protected. I want sessions to be there when he signs it into law the look on his face will be amazing.

1200.jpg

Shauni

People keep saying stuff like "don't fall for this" and all that, but it's like...there's no downside to this or the debt ceiling thing from before. The worst that can happen is Trump pulling out and then it's just an easy target for Dems to just throw shade at Don for being Don. In the end, they have nothing to actually lost.

Pelosi continuing to put in work and actually help people. While the "we're so left we only walk in circles" crowd want to see her out of a job.

This is probably just Trump trolling Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan for being complete failures. You just know he hates both of them and thinks they are cucks.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
He is a narcissist desperate for positive press feedback and he found a way to get it. Pelosi/Schumer are his dealer right now.

We know what he is. Doesn't mean we can't abuse that fact.

i suppose that's true, but considering how unstable the guy is, who knows how long one can depend on that from him, i would have thought the neocons in his cabinet were holding him back from doing anything like this at the very least

kirblar

i suppose that's true, but considering how unstable the guy is, who knows how long one can depend on that from him, i would have thought the neocons in his cabinet were holding him back from doing anything like this at the very least
Correct, we can't rely on him. That's why doing a series of short term deals is by far the best way to approach him. Nothing long term.

Don't fucking fall for this, Dems.

Its Trump that is falling for it. All he cares about is good press coverage and "ratings". He's a useful idiot untill he hopefully gets shown the door. I say take it and steamroll the GOP into further majority irrelivance. Trump is destroying the GOP by showing the country just how innept they are they will have no accomplishments when the midterms come along because at this pace its the Democrats that are suggesting and delivering on legislation that doesn't fuck some people over others.

watershed

Banned
Great news. Trump is desperate for positive coverage and praise and some semblance of an administration that can get things done. Him turning to democrats is the best thing we can hope for, for now.

Inuhanyou

Correct, we can't rely on him. That's why doing a series of short term deals is by far the best way to approach him. Nothing long term.

that makes a lot of sense, yeah. everyone should be operating on this falling through at any second

MrMephistoX

Great news. Trump is desperate for positive coverage and praise and some semblance of an administration that can get things done. Him turning to democrats is the best thing we can hope for, for now.

It would be fucking hilarious if he jumps on Bernie's Single Payer system just because his sole motivation seems to be undoing Obama's legacy...since dismantling didn't work why not try 1 upping him? We live in crazy town so who fucking knows?

Its Trump that is falling for it. All he cares about is good press coverage and "ratings". He's a useful idiot untill he hopefully gets shown the door. I say take it and steamroll the GOP into further majority irrelivance. Trump is destroying the GOP by showing the country just how innept they are they will have no accomplishments when the midterms come along because at this pace its the Democrats that are suggesting and delivering on legislation that doesn't fuck some people over others.

Good press coverage is going to mean he will likely be reelected.

Sean C

So ether Trump is the worst Negotiator ever, or his public and private view are radically different.
Trump has few fixed views beyond his own greatness. That was pretty much always apparent.

Good press coverage is going to mean he will likely be reelected.
Oh please. Nobody who votes based on pro-immigration sentiments is ever going to vote for Trump.

And this will destabilize Trump's own coalition, which is rabidly nativist.

Inuhanyou

How low the bar is when talking just sensible decisions is hailed as a huge victory.

well the GOP have held the debt ceiling hostage since 2008 and have always ran out the clock down to the last seconds to get something out of obama. trump seems to not have gotten the memo and gave away that they were going to use the government shut down and emergency relief efforts in the package to once again demand stuff as a ransom

The Wart

It would be fucking hilarious if he jumps on Bernie's Single Payer system just because his sole motivation seems to be undoing Obama's legacy...since dismantling didn't work why not try 1 upping him? We live in crazy town so who fucking knows?

This is actually conceivable.

What a world we live in.

Top Bottom