• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sci-fi Adventure forma.8 Coming to PC, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Mac, Linux, and iOS

Loudninja

Hi everyone!

I'm one of the two developers of the game, we are also doing Futuridium EP Deluxe for PSVita and there's a thread here over NeoGAF about it.

After today's announcement I'm totally destroyed, but tomorrow I'll be here replying to questions and so on! I promise! Feel free to ask!

Also: I'll post some 60fps GIF for NeoGAF fun!
The trailer sadly is at 30fps on YouTube, it's a lot better at full 60 frames per seconds.

Hope you'll enjoy the game as much as we are enjoying doing it!
Hello!

Its amazing you guys can get the game on so many platforms with 2 or 3 people. :0

Skyrise

Hello!

Its amazing you guys can get the game on so many platforms with 2 or 3 people. :0

Hi!

Mainly it's thank to Unity. ;)
Also we started working on forma.8 over two years ago as an iOS project so the code was really well optimised from the start (it had to run at 60fps on an iPad 1, and it did!). We then dropped iPad 1 support and added a lot of visual flair to the game (like the physics based water and lava).

We now have and maintain a single codebase for all the different platform, so basically the game is progressing at the same pace on consoles, iOS, PC etc...

We can't guarantee that the game will be out on everything on day one, there's a lot more work beside developing (certifications process, Q&A, different technical requirements...), but we'll do our best, and all version will surely be out by the end of the year. ;)

DBT85

Hi everyone!

I'm one of the two developers of the game, we are also doing Futuridium EP Deluxe for PSVita and there's a thread here over NeoGAF about it.

After today's announcement I'm totally destroyed, but tomorrow I'll be here replying to questions and so on! I promise! Feel free to ask!

The trailer sadly is at 30fps on YouTube, it's a lot better at full 60 frames per seconds.

If you really loved us you'd contact BlimBlim at Gamersyde (@gamersyde on twitter) and give them some sweet ass 1080p60 video for us to watch ;-)

YouTube cannot cut it. Wish more devs could see that.

Skyrise

If you really loved us you'd contact BlimBlim at Gamersyde (@gamersyde on twitter) and give them some sweet ass 1080p60 video for us to watch ;-)

YouTube cannot cut it. Wish more devs could see that.

You are so right. Doing it immediately. ;)

We know about YT, we really didn't like the too much compressed-30fps video, but sadly having the trailer there is a given for getting the better exposure. :(

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Really? I mean.... really?
I think he's kidding. It's easier to assume they are rather than getting all hot and bothered.
So I think you'll be getting the PS4 version too... ;)
Did you just... you did just confirm Cross-Buy. You guys don't even have a game out yet (Futuridium will be mine on Vita) and you're already worming your way into my heart.
We know about YT, we really didn't like the too much compressed-30fps video, but sadly having the trailer there is a given for getting the better exposure. :(
Alright, you got me. You get that 60fps footage, I'll go reserve a PSN Card for y'alls games.

Futuridium for the curious.
GAF3.gif

DBT85

Excellent to hear :D

YouTube does get the better exposure, but at least you can link to the higher quality video in the YT video and on the blog :)

You are in the right track for winning hearts already!

ant3b

Hi everyone!

So why no xbox one version? :)

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Hi!
We can't guarantee that the game will be out on everything on day one, there's a lot more work beside developing (certifications process, Q&A, different technical requirements...), but we'll do our best, and all version will surely be out by the end of the year. ;)
It seems that while they do wish to get all versions out as close as possible to each other, it will be a staggered thing. Also, I think there's something up with Xbox One and Unity right now? Maybe they aren't accepted into the program yet and haven't announced it yet? Lots of reason.

Skyrise

We've not been accepted in the ID@Xbox program for now.
Things were very smooth with Sony, they gave us a ton of support, and Nintendo indie program is very accessible. :)

We are a very small team with no proven track record, so credit where credit's due in supporting us. :)

eFKac

Like the improvements and thank god it's not coming in March (or April?) cause I'm filled with indies in those months.

Will be following this game.

wouwie

It seems this game is finally finished and the developers are targetting a february release date. It took a long time but i'm still looking forward to it as it looks interesting.

Skyrise

It was a long journey but we are so happy on how the game turned out!

forma.8 is currently in QA with all the console manufacturer and a late February lauch should be possible.

We'll share the release date as soon as we have it fixed.
We'll launch forma.8 at the same time on PS4, PSVita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC, Mac and Linux.
iOS and N3DS version will follow a bit later.

wouwie

It was a long journey but we are so happy on how the game turned out!

forma.8 is currently in QA with all the console manufacturer and a late February lauch should be possible.

We'll share the release date as soon as we have it fixed.
We'll launch forma.8 at the same time on PS4, PSVita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC, Mac and Linux.
iOS and N3DS version will follow a bit later.

I was excited about the game since it was announced so it's been a long wait. I occasionaly kept checking the Mixed Bag Twitter for news and just saw that the game was finished. I hope there will be some new media (a trailer for example) closer to release and i look forward to the game.

Skyrise

I was excited about the game since it was announced so it's been a long wait. I occasionaly kept checking the Mixed Bag Twitter for news and just saw that the game was finished. I hope there will be some new media (a trailer for example) closer to release and i look forward to the game.

We'll release more and more media leading up to launch, we have the launch trailer ready and we'll share it as soon as we have a firm release date. :)

Top Bottom