• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scorn Dev on the Differences Between the PS5 and Series X SSDs: "I feel that it will end up a matter of diminishing returns"

On Demand

Banned
This developer is not even working on PS5. So yeah. They are just speaking their opinion based off the view from SX only. Other developers who are making PS5 games have said it's amazing tech of speed and I/O management. That while the SX SSD is great, PS5 is something completely different on a whole other level.

SSD isn't teraflops. Where you might never reach that max number in actual games. It's accessing data to stream into the games. The faster the better along with other customizations that might have been done to it. Which in Son't case, is alot.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Said a developer from EBB Software, a studio with no games published and is composed of around six guys who started development of Scorn in 2013 and in 2020 finally got an helping hand by a company that needs to fill its subscription service with as many games as possible.

These straws...

textures is where Xsx will supposedly excel with BCPack compression
this video about advanced texture compression from google is good example of what MS strategy could be

DXT1 texture is 7MB
DXT1 + zlib is 4.8 MB here replace with kraken you will be at 4MB.
specific texture compression go down to 2.46. (it's so compressed zlib become useless)
it's an over 50% advantage in this example

So let's wait to see what BCPack is and how ms use it.

It doesn't matter how much the XSX can compress a textures when the PS5 RAW speed still trumps the XSX best compression scenario. Compression isnt going to magically erase the speed difference. Also Kraken is only 10% worse compression but maintains efficiency with almost all data not just textures like the XSX.

Exodia

Banned
This is a really bad dumbed down way of looking at things. The GPU renders the scene so who needs fast VRAM? The CPU does the physics so who needs fast RAM? SSD doesn't replace the GPU but it feeds it with data and doing that fast is absolutely essential.

It isn't. Because this isn't HDD & bad IO vs. Fast SSD & Good IO.

Yet this is what people make it out to be. Secondly the speed of your SSD doesn't even affect your main character. Your character data is loaded in the memory and stays in the memory FOR EVER. This is the problem that i'm addressing. You turn literally everything into a SSD fight without even 1% knowledge of how game development works. You think SSD will affect everything. It makes me think that most people have never ever touched a game engine.

Nevertheless this is 40x (compared to last gen) FAST SSD & Great IO vs 2x (compared to the fast SSD) FASTER SSD & Great IO.

Last edited:

VGEsoterica

As usual it’ll all come down to the games. I’ll buy both consoles like I always do but if the PS5 magically loads a bit faster...ok? I’m in it for the content.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
of course. the SSD in PS5 might be faster but it'll only really be put to use for PS5 exclusive titles that don't need to run on XSX. Developers will just target XSX speeds like how they will likely ignore the more powerful CPU/GPU in the XSX and focus on the slower PS5 cpu/gpu.

People think that the SSD lets you render more things on the screen. Its baffling.

right? it's crazy how many people think that a fast SSD is gonna magically boost resolution or framerates. it will be a huge improvement to have an SSD and it will definitely help loading times/streaming but it'll make no difference to to overall performance. CPU/RAM/GPU (mostly GPU) are way more important.

As you put it, the advantage e.g. PS5 speed ssd has in such a particular scene is more variety of bodies as opposed to repetition. Can be applied to more varied environments, cars in a traffic jam etc. The faster the ability to stream, the less need to buffer off screen assets, leaving more ram for assets to be placed into the visible scene.

But this also extends to higher quality lods due to the ability to swap assets from lower to higher and vice versa. Zoom in on a character and it doesn’t matter if that single character model is taking up all the vram, it can be flushed out and replaced seamlessly with gameplay assets as the camera pulls away etc. The faster you can feed new data, the more options there are for enhancing the scene visually.

Important to not conflate scene complexity with asset variety. 2 different cars onscreen doesn’t mean twice the polygons of the same car pasted twice.

Except this doesn't take into consideration some aspects of XSX's design MS have already touched on such as being able to store very low-res textures (and I'd assume smaller meshes, poly models etc.) and upscale them in real-time through the GPU. So focusing on textures for a minute, you can simply reduce the texture footprint in memory by, say, 4x and if you do that with a block of textures that'd normally take up 5 GB, now you can effectively squeeze about 20 GB of textures in that space.

When they're needed, simply upscale the textures. We've already seen through DLSS (especially 2.) how effective this technique can be, often times producing better results than the native high-resolution texture. It can end up being a very smart method of maximizing the use of RAM, and the less accesses you need to make to storage (regardless of how fast it is), generally the better.

To the other points regarding complexity and variety, I'm not necessarily sure what's being mentioned here. If you have two different car models, that's two data footprints which need to have instances in RAM depending on proximity to the player, because for any real-time gameplay scenarios involving direct calculations between the player and objects, the SSDs are still way too slow for a lot of that (though they could be fast enough for assets which are a few MBs in size and can complete a stream transfer (either to RAM or through to the GPU) in a frame or less).

However a lot of this does come down to smart foresight on the behalf of game programmers, artists, and modelers. If you can effectively "fake" two different car models but only use the polygonal base for one (either fully or as majority), you cut down the memory footprint for them by that much as well. Any alterations on the second vehicle could be applied in real-time by the game code if desired, and depending on the expected gameplay states for that 2nd car model (degree of pertinence it'll serve to the player in terms of interactive engagement), combinations of alternative methods can be utilized to provide its assets into the game world.

My big takeaway on this though is that both systems have more than enough capability in their full SSD I/O setup to facilitate these type of things IMO, and I think some of the advantages/differences people are picturing between the two on that front are wildly generalized and not representative of what we'll see in actual gameplay except from more poorly-coded/developed/planned software. There will still be some areas where the PS5 SSD has advantages but I don't think they will be noticeable by the average or even most more focused gamers in clearly-defined ways such as through LODs or obvious differences in asset variety. It'll come in select smaller areas, mainly things where you won't actually notice unless you look for them or have very technical people point out in video analysis.

Which is what myself and a lot of others have basically been saying for a while: when considering actual use-cases and the tendencies of the average gamer, and considering the fuller breadth of hardware capabilities aside from just the SSD I/O that nonetheless work in tandem with it, differences like the ones you bring up may still show up but they will be much less obvious and have marginal impacts on immersion, if any at all, for the vast majority of titles as long as they are developed smartly. Like it's been suggested for a while, paper specs alone don't mean everything once you begin factoring in other parts of the designs including things those paper specs refer to.

Now where we can possibly see some clever optimized use of whatever SSD I/O advantages PS5 has will be in first-party content, but I don't think that'll be within the first year or two, maybe even three. The reason being because there's a very good chance that MS 1st-party will utilize advantages in other areas in clever ways to make for any delta in the raw SSD I/O area, and depending on how those are utilized can match or in some cases even surpass what advantages Sony's raw SSD I/O bring to their system. So that will in turn encourage friendly competition for both companies to keep pushing the limits of their respective hardware, finding new tricks to exploit, etc. Meanwhile 3rd-parties will have means to perhaps simpler, but scalable, API tools to utilize the hardware.

There's a lot of good things here for the both of them, I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the two console's respective design approaches in action.

Ascend

People think that the SSD lets you render more things on the screen. Its baffling.
Agreed... The SSD will be mainly helpful to compensate for the relatively small jump in amount of system RAM. It's reducing the storage bottleneck so that RAM space isn't required to be taxed as much. It's not going to magically boost the GPU.

Agreed... The SSD will be mainly helpful to compensate for the relatively small jump in amount of system RAM. It's reducing the storage bottleneck so that RAM space isn't required to be taxed as much. It's not going to magically boost the GPU.
Well the issue is and always will be the CPU/GPU, that is the bottleneck and a lot of people purposefully overlook this. I mean look at the Unreal Engine 5 demo, what was the bottleneck there? Dynamic 1440p at 30 FPS, it doesn't matter how much you can try to stream in if the CPU and GPU are being hammered and that's exactly what was happening.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Well the issue is and always will be the CPU/GPU, that is the bottleneck and a lot of people purposefully overlook this. I mean look at the Unreal Engine 5 demo, what was the bottleneck there? Dynamic 1440p at 30 FPS, it doesn't matter how much you can try to stream in if the CPU and GPU are being hammered and that's exactly what was happening.

Wrong.

if the CPU/GPU is stuck waiting for the data it needs to draw the next frame, the amount of rasterization throughput is irrelevent.

The point of that demo was not to show new heights in resolution and frame-rate, it was to show how their new rendering pipeline supports data-sizes formerly the exclusive province of offline renderers.

Three

We know nothing about it but you already know the decompression block can't do it fast enough ?
Show us your insider data please.
Fast enough for what? I'm confused.
I merely said I think devs will use that faster speed but need to load much more data or decompress much more data so loading times may not change that much. It's essentially what Remedy said before.

Three

Comparing GDDR6 memory with speeds in excess of 400 gb/s and latency measured in nano seconds to an SSD with 5.5 gb/s and latency measured in milliseconds...
Only to show that transfer speeds matter and not just the GPU and CPU? What's the difference between a HDD and SSD? Nobody compared VRAM to SSD speeds. Nobody said it will replace VRAM. I just said you can't just look at your GPU size and said that's what you need for graphics because data management is just as important like your memory size and your memory speed and yes your streaming speed too.

Last edited:

martino

It doesn't matter how much the XSX can compress a textures when the PS5 RAW speed still trumps the XSX best compression scenario. Compression isnt going to magically erase the speed difference. Also Kraken is only 10% worse compression but maintains efficiency with almost all data not just textures like the XSX.
where did i say it will cover PS5 raw speed difference ?
i'm just trying to explain what ms solution could be about.
and we don't know it's possible sony use custom texture format too (they said nothing about that)

Last edited:

Three

It isn't. Because this isn't HDD & bad IO vs. Fast SSD & Good IO.

Yet this is what people make it out to be. Secondly the speed of your SSD doesn't even affect your main character. Your character data is loaded in the memory and stays in the memory FOR EVER. This is the problem that i'm addressing. You turn literally everything into a SSD fight without even 1% knowledge of how game development works. You think SSD will affect everything. It makes me think that most people have never ever touched a game engine.

Nevertheless this is 40x (compared to last gen) FAST SSD & Great IO vs 2x (compared to the fast SSD) FASTER SSD & Great IO.
What are you talking about? How have I made anything into an SSD fight? Maybe you forgot what thread you're in? Who was talking about character models even? WTF.

You just said that the GPU is what renders pixels to screen but your data and textures come from somewhere. The SSD is why we have a lower VRAM increase this gen because we will be streaming in and out of VRAM from the SSD a lot more due to the speed because guess what the system as a whole is important for a game not just 'it's the GPU which renders the pixels you guys'.
saying that shows me you know less than 1% if you think I know 1%.

martino

I merely said I think devs will use that faster speed but need to load much more data or decompress much more data so loading times may not change that much. It's essentially what Remedy said before.
it's why both console have dedicated decompression block this time to do it on the fly.i thought you knew that hence my previous answer.

Hardware Decompression – Hardware decompression is a dedicated hardware component introduced with Xbox Series X to allow games to consume as little space as possible on the SSD while eliminating all CPU overhead typically associated with run-time decompression. It reduces the software overhead of decompression when operating at full SSD performance from more than three CPU cores to zero – thereby freeing considerable CPU power for the game to spend on areas like better gameplay and improved framerates. Hardware decompression is one of the components of the Xbox Velocity Architecture.

cenry said equivalent thing in road to ps5 here

Last edited:

Three

it's why both console have dedicated decompression block this time to do it on the fly.i thought you knew that hence my previous answer.

cenry said equivalent thing in road to ps5 here

Yeah I get that but runtime decompression is different. That's talking about decompression done even before SSD on the CPU hence why it is talking about framerates.

There is another type of compression that is NOT done on the fly (loading screens) that provides a much higher compression ratio.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
This is just flat out wrong.

There's only twice the RAM in these machines and XSX alone can load data 40 times as fast.. aside from that both systems boast low CPU usage on data IO. Meaning devs can do even more background loading.

To top it off the other aspect of loading a game, which is all the calculations that have to be made, are running on a significantly faster CPU.

Loading times will be nearly a thing of the past next gen.

martino

Yeah I get that but runtime decompression is different. That's talking about decompression done even before SSD on the CPU hence why it is talking about framerates.

There is another type of compression that is NOT done on the fly (loading screens) that provides a much higher compression ratio.
i don't understand what you're saying.
Why would you compress something ?
playing the game you only need to decompress and use the data
(outside game saves or savestate)

After initial load, if your engine allow it and if you can load enougth data you can avoid to use a load screen

Three

This is just flat out wrong.

There's only twice the RAM in these machines and XSX alone can load data 40 times as fast.. aside from that both systems boast low CPU usage on data IO. Meaning devs can do even more background loading.

To top it off the other aspect of loading a game, which is all the calculations that have to be made, are running on a significantly faster CPU.

Loading times will be nearly a thing of the past next gen.
i don't understand what you're saying.
Why would you compress something ?
playing the game you only need to decompress and use the data
(outside game saves or savestate)

After initial load, if your engine allow it and if you can load enougth data you can avoid to use a load screen

Here:

You can avoid loading screens yes. Just as you could do 60fps. The question is would devs avoid loading screens all together?
BCPAck doesn't compress your entire game. It's for individual textures. What can be done on the fly will be. Other compression is different.

Think of it as more like a game install but in a loading screen.
I believe that big games will still have loading screens because they will compress more data to reduce game size. Not loading into memory but preparing it for that. Hopefully not but with the limited space in the new consoles (I know data doesn't need to be duplicated anymore) I suspect you will get loading screens to decompress massive amounts of data before the game starts.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Here:

You can avoid loading screens yes. Just as you could do 60fps. The question is would devs avoid loading screens all together?
BCPAck doesn't compress your entire game. It's for individual textures. What can be done on the fly will be. Other compression is different.

I believe that big games will still have loading screens because they will compress more data to reduce game size. Not loading into memory but preparing it for that. Hopefully not but with the limited space in the new consoles (I know data doesn't need to be duplicated anymore) I suspect you will get loading screens to decompress massive amounts of data before the game starts.

Now you are goal post moving... you said " loading times may not change that much. I "... they will likely be reduced by upwards of 90% or even more. It will be a HUGE difference; we'll see load times of 1-2 seconds or less.. barely noticeable.

With the fast SSD games can load LESS data up front, because they can fetch the rest in the background. The slower your drive the more up-front data you have to load.. the faster the drive the less.

And that Remedy dev is just bad at Math.. they don't have that much more RAM to play with.. so they literally CANT load as much data as it would take to erase the difference in IO speed.. not even CLOSE.

Last edited:

martino

Here:

without any compression xsx can fill the ram in 6.5 sec
ps5 in 2.9 sec

even if there is loading it's the end of more than one minute initial load (~100 sec for 5go on current gen)

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

without any compression xsx can fill the ram in 6.5 sec
ps5 in 2.9 sec

even if there is loading it's the end of more than one minute initial load (~100 sec for 5go on current gen)
And they have absolutely NO reason to fill the RAM up front. They can fill a portion of it and stream the rest in the background as there's no reason to pre-fetch the entirety of RAM when you can use barely any or no CPU and quickly fetch the data for what the player can't currently see.

Three

Now you are goal post moving... you said " loading times may not change that much. I "... they will likely be reduced by upwards of 90% or even more. It will be a HUGE difference; we'll see load times of 1-2 seconds or less.. barely noticeable.

With the fast SSD games can load LESS data up front, because they can fetch the rest in the background. The slower your drive the more up-front data you have to load.. the faster the drive the less.

And that Remedy dev is just bad at Math.. they don't have that much more RAM to play with.. so they literally CANT load as much data as it would take to erase the difference in IO speed.. not even CLOSE.
How did I move goalposts? I know we will get very fast load times for most games. why wouldn't we but what I'm saying is different. I think we will get highly compressed games with an initial loading screen.

Not loading into memory but preparing it for that.

Last edited:

martino

How did I move goalposts? I know we will get very fast load times for most games. why wouldn't we but what I'm saying is different. I think we will get highly compressed games with an initial loading screen.
so you're bringing
giphy.gif

here

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

How did I move goalposts? I know we will get very fast load times for most games.

So what you are saying is we will get significantly improved load times?

Strange.. since what I was disagreeing with you was when you implied the opposite with " loading times may not change that much. " Last gen load times were awful,. so very fast load times are a huge improvement... much change.

Three

I said that for big AAA games load times may end up just as long as current gen regular games if they aim for very small install sizes. We will get much better load times most of the time though I think.

perfect tweet to reply to that

This doesn't make sense. This isn't referring to what I mentioned. What he is mentioning is that the texture doesn't exist in system RAM (after processing by CPU) before being copied to VRAM because that's not how things work anymore with decompression. It's not related to reducing game size on SSD and decompressing on a loading screen. Also somebody who said textures are the biggest, yeah one of the biggest, audio is also huge.

Last edited:

martino

I said that for big AAA games load times may end up just as long as current gen regular games if they aim for very small install sizes. We will get much better load times most of the time though I think.

This doesn't make sense. This isn't referring to what I mentioned. What he is mentioning is that the texture doesn't exist in system RAM (after processing by CPU) before being copied to VRAM because that's not how things work anymore with decompression. It's not related to reducing game size on SSD and decompressing on a loading screen. Also somebody who said textures are the biggest, yeah one of the biggest, audio is also huge.
OMG to the whole post but the bold in particular
i'm out.

Exodia

Banned
What are you talking about? How have I made anything into an SSD fight? Maybe you forgot what thread you're in? Who was talking about character models even? WTF.

You just said that the GPU is what renders pixels to screen but your data and textures come from somewhere. The SSD is why we have a lower VRAM increase this gen because we will be streaming in and out of VRAM from the SSD a lot more due to the speed because guess what the system as a whole is important for a game not just 'it's the GPU which renders the pixels you guys'.
saying that shows me you know less than 1% if you think I know 1%.

OK I will bite. Are you a software engineer and what game engine do you develop with?

Last edited:

Exodia

Banned
Ok see you around but what's wrong with audio being a large part of game install size?

Because its less than 10% of game size. We are talking 3-4 GB on average for a AAA game that's 40 GB.
For games like COD its ~2%. You are clearly out of your elements.
Have you even ever worked on a un-package game files or even seen one?

Last edited:
I mean even an outsider with no hands-on experience with the tech could settle on this hottake.

Unless you're dealing with a SHITTTTTTTTTTload of data streaming, or the XSX's SSD actually performs significantly less in reality than it does on paper.....the difference isn't likely to be staggering in most general, multiplatform situations.

Ok you calling him out on what basis? He is a developer and you not. How do u know how it will perform? You have the devkits.?

People here don't know ABCD of game design and majority of ppl dont even own SSD and give lecture to game dev who work on PC SSDs and console. He may very well also own devkits.

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
Current gen has more than enough power for 50%? of the games. The point of deminishing returns already started a while ago which is why we saw 1.8GHz CPUs this Gen. Only AAA+++ games will really make use of all the processing power next Gen.

Three

OK I will bite. Are you a software engineer and what game engine do you develop with?
Please, either put up a reasonable retort or get the fuck out. I'm a team lead if you wanted to know and ex senior dev but this doesn't make my points any more or less valuable. Either reply to the point with a reasonable argument that contradicts it or get out of here.
Because its less than 10% of game size. We are talking 3-4 GB on average for a AAA game that's 40 GB.
For games like COD its ~2%. You are clearly out of your elements.
Have you even ever worked on a un-package game files or even seen one?
Maybe you get games in a region different to mine but again what's wrong with saying audio is also one of the biggest chunks of the pie.

Spiderman:

Get lost with your aggressive posts that contribute nothing.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
I think I’ll believe a PS dev over an Xbox exclusive one. There’s a reason the SSD is @5.5. Mark even says in his video 4.5 is just about right for next gen to load all the textures in .27 secs before the players turn etc.
Genuinely asking; won’t the GPU, RAM bandwidth and other things increase the time for this. Either way, definitely an advantage for exclusives for sure. I suppose a dev could choose to do the same with Xbox, just with lower res textures.

I guess we’ll have to see what developers do.

On Demand

Banned
This developer is not even working on PS5. So yeah. They are just speaking their opinion based off the view from SX only. Other developers who are making PS5 games have said it's amazing tech of speed and I/O management. That while the SX SSD is great, PS5 is something completely different on a whole other level.

SSD isn't teraflops. Where you might never reach that max number in actual games. It's accessing data to stream into the games. The faster the better along with other customizations that might have been done to it. Which in Son't case, is alot.

The engine developer watching the road to PS5 says the EXACT same thing i said about SSD speed being a more direct specification you know you will get. Where as cpu, gpu, and teraflops are more theoretical and you won’t know how much of that you will actually have to use until you design your game.

PS5 having a 2x to 3x faster SSD with 12 channels and 6 priority levels will definitely be noticeable.

Last edited:

Exodia

Banned
Please, either put up a reasonable retort or get the fuck out. I'm a team lead if you wanted to know and ex senior dev but this doesn't make my points any more or less valuable. Either reply to the point with a reasonable argument that contradicts it or get out of here.
Reasonable retort? You said i knew less than 1%. Your answer of "Ex senior dev" has no context. There are many ex-dev who used to work on PS1, PS2, etc. Does that have any relevance today?

I'm actually a senior software engineer with degree in computer science. Not only do i do game development in UE4, but i also unpack game files for new techniques. I inspect models and textures for research purposes.

The difference is you are proclaiming things will be done only due to the SSD. That is simply blatantly false.
Then you claim you know more.. When questions are asked about your experience or how you came to that conclusion, you deflect.

Maybe you get games in a region different to mine but again what's wrong with saying audio is also one of the biggest chunks of the pie.

Spiderman:

Because it isn't. I don't need a presentation. I work with actual game files with all the audio in it. Every single game i own I have unpacked to study. From alien isolation, to quantum break to control, to HZD, to Detroit, etc, etc.

Get lost with your aggressive posts that contribute nothing.

Nothing aggressive about my post. All i did was ask you a question.

Last edited:

Three

Reasonable retort? You said i knew less than 1%. Your answer of "Ex senior dev" has no context. There are many ex-dev who used to work on PS1, PS2, etc. Does that have any relevance today?

I'm actually a senior software engineer with degree in computer science. Not only do i do game development in UE4, but i also unpack game files for new techniques. I inspect models and textures for research purposes.

The difference is you are proclaiming things will be done only due to the SSD. That is simply blatantly false.
Then you claim you know more.. When questions are asked about your experience or how you came to that conclusion, you deflect.

Because it isn't. I don't need a presentation. I work with actual game files with all the audio in it. Every single game i own I have unpacked to study. From alien isolation, to quantum break to control, to HZD, to Detroit, etc, etc.

😂 If you say so. What would be done with the SSD seeing as you are a software engineer? Lets see what your knowledge is like.

Shmunter

I’m surprised a senior software engineer is oblivious to fundamental streaming demands in modern games and how restrictive they are today compared to what next gen brings to the table. Eyebrows raised.

Exodia

Banned
😂 If you say so. What would be done with the SSD seeing as you are a software engineer? Lets see what your knowledge is like.

So am guessing you are now confirming that you are actually not a software engineer, nor have degree in CS and never used a modern game engine. Alright gotcha.
Then now i completely understand how you and others here believe that SSD will render pixels for you and that your main character will look so good because of your SSD. Pure nonsense stuff that simply displays your incredible lack of knowledge. But now i understand.

I’m surprised a senior software engineer is oblivious to fundamental streaming demands in modern games and how restrictive they are today compared to what next gen brings to the table. Eyebrows raised.

And none of that have anything to do with rendering more pixels like you and others believe. Yet that fact simply can't get through to you.

Last edited:

NullZ3r0

Banned
I said this on multiple occasions. Take off the fanboy goggles and you'll see that both machines storage represents speeds orders of magnitude faster than the current ones. Even if the PS5 was 100 times faster storage wise, it would mean something like a PS5 game loads instantly while the Xbox takes 5 seconds to load. No one is going to care.

In terms of game design, both machines have storage fast enough to have large seamless worlds. Xbox Velocity architecture can instantly move 100 GB worth of assets from the SSD to memory. There's only 16 GB of memory in these machines.

Diminishing returns is correct.

Shmunter

So am guessing you are now confirming that you are actually not a software engineer, nor have degree in CS and never used a modern game engine. Alright gotcha.
Then now i completely understand how you and others here believe that SSD will render pixels for you and that your main character will look so good because of your SSD. Pure nonsense stuff that simply displays your incredible lack of knowledge. But now i understand.

And none of that have anything to do with rendering more pixels like you and others believe. Yet that fact simply can't get through to you.
You sound like a carbon copy of someone else here, presenting disingenuous arguments to take focus of the real conversation. For some unknown fucking reason.

Point to a single person that claims ssd results in more pixel rendering.

If you can’t, get the fuck on your high horse and ride along outa here you charlatan.

Exodia

Banned
You sound like a carbon copy of someone else here, presenting disingenuous arguments to take focus of the real conversation. For some unknown fucking reason.

Point to a single person that claims ssd results in more pixel rendering.

If you can’t, get the fuck on your high horse and ride along outa here you charlatan.

How about you read the entire thread and stop getting offended. Its a freaking PLASTIC BOX!!!
For crying out loud. Look at you, you are getting heated over a PLASTIC BOX. You act like people are threatening your life.

Not only that. You are responding to my post talking to someone else.
I don't have to show you anything. You should be able to look at the entire thread yourself.

However in this case i will make an exception:

"We have people like cerny and Tim Sweeny going on abouit streaming, and an unknown kickstarter dev implying the opposite.
Does not matter anyway, its only a week to wait to see how streaming and data will be used next gen.
HZD2 developer said Aloy has more polygons than all the other characters in HZD1, so we have an idea whats coming...."

by: geordiemp

Implying that the more polygons that Aloy will have will be due to the ssd and streaming.

Last edited:

Shmunter

How about you read the entire thread and stop getting offended. Its a freaking PLASTIC BOX!!!
For crying out loud. Look at you, you are getting heated over a PLASTIC BOX. You act like people are threatening your life.

Not only that. You are responding to my post talking to someone else.
I don't have to show you anything. You should be able to look at the entire thread yourself.

However in this case i will make an exception:

"We have people like cerny and Tim Sweeny going on abouit streaming, and an unknown kickstarter dev implying the opposite.
Does not matter anyway, its only a week to wait to see how streaming and data will be used next gen.
HZD2 developer said Aloy has more polygons than all the other characters in HZD1, so we have an idea whats coming...."

by: geordiemp

Implying that the more polygons that Aloy will have will be due to the ssd and streaming.
I knew it, I can spot your type a mile away.

Also in what you quoted, you must’ve missed the pixel rendering part because that bit only references asset quality which is exactly what mass memory can provide. But I don’t expect you to know the difference so you’re excused. Glad we had this chat.

Last edited:

Three

All you're doing is showing you didn't understand a word I said. Does VRAM "render pixels" , does RAM? Why do we need good low latency high speed memory seeing as it's not "rendering" anything. Put your supposed CS degree to use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom