• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scorn is coming to PlayStation 5 this Fall (also available at retail with a physical Deluxe Edition)

Draugoth

Gold Member

Just as you thought the dust had settled, an eerie presence stirs once more from the depths of darkness. Brace yourself to delve into the chilling and macabre universe of Scorn on PS5 this Fall, also available at retail with a physical Deluxe Edition.

53006246826_705a0ef2ed_h.jpg

Immersive power of PS5​

As we were developing the game for PlayStation 5, we finally had the opportunity to tap into the potential of the DualSense wireless controller to immerse you even further in this twisted world, extending the synesthetic experience of Scorn. It allows us to deepen the player’s immersion and to let the whole world “breathe” in a new way. Since there is no spoken dialogue in the game, we have put a strong emphasis on environmental storytelling, hence haptics are a great addition to this peculiar audio-visual experience.

The main character in the game interacts with the world mostly by using his hands. Most of these interactions are also painful for the character. That’s where haptics comes into play. The imagery offered to the player’s eyes is painful by itself, but we wanted to increase this feeling by giving a sensation to the hands holding the controller. Players are also able to feel the directions of haptics (left or right hand), further adding to the experience.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Must have restarted the game 3-4 times since every time I just lost interest.
5th time was the charm and I was finally able to finish it - having the puzzle solutions playing on my phone 'cause God damn, these were some of the worst fucking puzzles I've ever encountered in a game (Grim Fandango excluded).
They were so utterly flow-stopping, boring and disrespectful towards the player's time that IMO, the only way to enjoy this is by having the solutions ready as to be able to treat this just as a normal, atmospheric walking-sim/adventure game.

The esthetic and imagery is top-notch and the story is also kind of cool, just don't expect anything earth-shattering.

Unfortunately, when people talk about Game-pass quality titles® and how they devaluate gaming...this would be the poster child for it - it's kinda nice while it lasts (6-7 hours) but other than that...

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
For the outstanding work that Adis and Brian delivered on the score and sound effects this is an easy buy.

Already have the vinyl so it's time to experience this as these two mighty producers intended me to.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I wanted to like it, but found no discernible hook to the gameplay.

Its well presented, but... ehhh.

Too much effort as a demo or art-installation, and simply uninteresting as a game.

I feel mean saying this, but I think most people would get more from buying a Giger or Beksinski art-book.

Top Bottom