• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Costanza said:
FIRST POSTER

pilgrimposter2-550x834.jpg

"An epic of epic epicness." :lol

Holy Fuckness, this is the greatest thing ever. I would say Hype+10000000 but it is already seriously at the top. My god.

Ashhong

Pachael said:
Chance of trailer is high when the same studio is involved. You wouldn't see a SP trailer in front of the next Disney movie for instance.

ooh, wasnt sure what he was referring to, thanks

Ashhong

hmmm i did not notice that :lol no wonder you guys like it. i didnt like it at first, but now that i see its straight from the comic its all good

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Pachael said:
Chance of trailer is high when the same studio is involved. You wouldn't see a SP trailer in front of the next Disney movie for instance.
You might.
While it is true that studios often attach trailers for their own product, they can send out any trailer at any time. For example, Avatar's trailer premiered with Inglourious Basterds...Alice in Wonderland's final trailer was attached to Avatar, ect.

The time of a trailer's release usually has much more to do with the release of films with a similar target audience.

jett

D-Member
silverbullet1080 said:
Wat, they're almost the same fucking person.

Wat indeed? Scott is this super energetic person. Cera is a shy, boring, apathetic guy. Or at least that's the character he has played his entire life. And from screen test impressions that's what he plays in here too apparently(michael cera playing michael cera).

We'll see, though. I hope I'm wrong.

p.s. poster is cool, but I don't see how anybody is "owned". :p

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
HOLY SHIT! I didn't know Aubrey Plaza was in the movie! Just when I thought I couldn't get any more excited. D:

Trailer coming sooner than we thought: http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2010/03/first-scott-pilgrim-poster-debuts-at.html

In related news, we heard some talk from sources at a UK cinema chain that the first teaser trailer for the film is set to debut to coincide with the British release of "Kick-Ass" on April 2nd, which makes plenty of sense - both are action-fuelled comic adaptations, and Universal are distributing both films in the territory. We imagine that it'll be online around the same time, and in US theaters with "Clash of the Titans." The book's creator Bryan Lee O'Malley announced on Twitter over the weekend that "There is a "Scott Pilgrim Vs The World" teaser trailer. It will give your brain a heart attack. It's coming... eventually," which would seem to back this up, although emails to Universal UK remained unanswered by the time we went to press.

:D

daegan

It's kind of bad but I'll go see whatever freaking movie they put the trailer on I seriously don't even care at this point need it need it need it

Fletcher

The music would make or break this film. I'm so glad that Edgar Wright has gotten real indie rock bands to create the music for this. I'm excited to see/hear what Broken Social Scene has done for Crash and the Boys.

Empty

Well i was going to see Kick Ass anyway, so getting a trailer for SP in front of means double win.

Fletcher said:
The music would make or break this film. I'm so glad that Edgar Wright has gotten real indie rock bands to create the music for this. I'm excited to see/hear what Broken Social Scene has done for Crash and the Boys.

:eek:

jett

D-Member
I made a 1080p version for us 16:9'ers.

edit but I need a decent imagehost. Photobucket resizes crap now? :|

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Did somebody notice that Envy Adams is based on Metric's Emily Haines?

2517865262_a35edb6b15_o.jpg

emily-haines.jpg
envyadams.jpg

From the legs to the chin. Both of them play a mean keyboard, too.

Costanza

Banned
Funky Papa said:
Did somebody notice that Envy Adams is based on Metric's Emily Haines?

From the legs to the chin. Both of them play a mean keyboard, too.
And one of Metric's bsides is Clash At Demonhead's song in the movie. So awesome.

Dabanton

The trailer was finished last week in london...

Someone very close to me has seen it multiple times and says it's very fun.

Poster looks so awesome. Hype +1,000.

I had no idea Beck was writing the songs for Sex Bob-omb. That's awesome. Though I still wish that Anamanaguchi would be used for Crash & The Boys. Their music is so perfect for this film. Which reminds me of a comment I made on Edgar Wright's blog and his reply:

@StrikerObi: Since you're not taking [soundtrack] submissions I will just have to cross my fingers that Anamanaguchi magically found their way on to the soundtrack. Nothing says Scott Pilgrim like 8-bit punk!

@edgarwright: @StrikerObi I will say that @anamanaguchi got a lot of play when we were writing. 'Power Supply' is like audio caffeine.

This has raised my hopes FAR too high. Even if a song like "Tempest, Teamwork, Triumph" played over the credits I would flip my lid.

Cannot wait for the trailer. My brain has been in need of a heart attack lately.

Also I am actually excited for this movie's videogame (for once), which is going to be a side-scrolling beat-em-up. I'm so glad they aren't trying to make a full modern game, and are instead taking the smart route and ripping off River City Random. Enemies better say "BARF!" when they die. I also hope somebody screams BARF before they die in the movie.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Alucrid said:
I might be shot for this. So...this is sort of like a guy's Twilight?
Transformers is closer to that, tbh. This is like a guy's....well, i don't think there was a female comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom