• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game (Complete Edition) announced (PS4/XB1/Switch/PC)

It's an Xbox 360 game but it's not an Xbox 360 game? k
You mean it's an Xbox 360 game ported to Xbox one.
We'll find out if it says I own the game or if it makes me pay again come the 13th.
Are you under the impression that Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition is being released on X360?

Knightime_X

Are you under the impression that Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition is being released on X360?
Never said nor made that claim.
Though I have base game + paid DLC so technically I own the "complete" edition.
I own everything found in the upcoming XBO version.

Last edited:
Never said nor made that claim.
Though I have base game + paid DLC so technically I own the "complete" edition.
No you don't.
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game = x360 and not backwards compatible
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition = xb1 and thus fully compatible with series x|s

You don't own the xb1 game, you own the non backwards compatible x360 game, and no this isn't MS making it BC, this is ubisoft releasing a new game.
Bruv, this isn't rocket science.

Knightime_X

oh right. ok, I don't own the Xbox 360 game.
thanks for setting me straight.

🤣🙄

at the very least make the base Xbox 360 game BC with Series X like other Xbox 360 games and i'll just download everything I own.

simple

Last edited:
oh right. ok, I don't own the Xbox 360 game.
You don't own the complete edition, which is a new xb1 game, no matter how you want to "technically" look at it.
And MS can't just "make the bas x360 game BC", they need permission from the publisher (ubisoft).
Since this is also a licensed game, for which the license expired years ago, it's NEVER being made BC unless you expect ubisoft to pay to renew the license for being able to distribute the x360 release again.

Knightime_X

You don't own the complete edition, which is a new xb1 game, no matter how you want to "technically" look at it.
And MS can't just "make the bas x360 game BC", they need permission from the publisher (ubisoft).
Since this is also a licensed game, for which the license expired years ago, it's NEVER being made BC unless you expect ubisoft to pay to renew the license for being able to distribute the x360 release again.
Yet I was able to download other games with their license expiring years ago.
sounds like greed if you ask me

Yet I was able to download other games with their license expiring years ago.
sounds like greed if you ask me
...it's like you're ignoring logic on purpose, if the license expired after it was made BC, and you own it, of course you can download it :messenger_dizzy:.
There are no xbox games that were made BC after the license expired.

DESTROYA

The only thing cringe here is using a word you don't know the definition of; knives is 17-18 in the series.
Vine Ok GIF

Shes 17 and still in high school and he's 23 when the they first starting dating.... cringe.

SScorpio

I know people hate the client. But if you grabbed any of the free Epic Games during the sale you should have also gotten a $10 coupon that expires 01/31/2021. The coupon requires a minimum purchase of $14.99, so it might be possible to get from there for $4.99 when it's released.

Edit: I was wrong, those coupons expired last week. There was a $10 coupon directly from Ubisoft on their store that works if you played Hyperscape.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
I wish I saved my 15 dollars. The hit boxes are absolute shit, the online is broken and honestly once you get over the nostalgia factor of it all the best part of the game is they managed to get Anamanguchi to do the music.

Buy River City Girls instead or, emulate Final Fight, they’re way more fun

ManaByte

Gold Member
I wish I saved my 15 dollars. The hit boxes are absolute shit, the online is broken and honestly once you get over the nostalgia factor of it all the best part of the game is they managed to get Anamanguchi to do the music.

If you want Final Fight on console Capcom released an arcade perfect version in the beat em up collection.

MayauMiao

The hit boxes are also shit when it was first release on PS3.

I thought they might have fix that with this re-release. Thanks for telling us this, saved me 15 bucks.

Amory

This game is really fuckin hard lol unless I'm missing something. I chose the middle difficulty and I can't even beat the first stage. I keep thinking I must be at the end, just beat this last guy, and it just keeps going

I've tried it a bunch of times and have a lot of money and leveled up some, am I supposed to just keep grinding?

Amory

Yes, kinda.
The upgrades are permanent, and after a while you become so powerful it's almost silly.
Definitely making progress now that I bought some books and upped my defense and strength stats. Can I just keep buying the same books over and over again and my stats will keep going up?

Holammer

I could make a new thread, but let's shake some new life into this one instead.
The game just hit Steam with a good discount and no Uplay or whatever it's called nowadays required. But there's Denuvo, if that's a problem.

edit: steam reviews say Ubisoft Connect is required and no achievements.

Last edited:
Top Bottom