• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream 5 Trailer

Paasei

My favorite slashers, still. Even that cringy MTV show was enjoyable.
It helps a lot they don't take themselves all too seriously.

Last edited:

Pejo

Why the hell not. David Arquette looks the part of a grizzled old ex cop to a damn T. I kinda want to see him in more of those roles after this.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Dewey ain't messing around this time.
Looks surprising good.

tumblr_pmi32life31wfb6dco4_250.gifv

Loved that trailer. I think it blended modern with the classic feel of Scream really well.

I'm a little worried about the script without Kevin Williamson, but this trailer and the tone of it is a step in he right direction. Direction especially was super important as we sadly don't have Wes Craven for this one.

Neve and Courtney sure aged in oposite directions.

I didn't even recognize CC. Jesus. What has she done to her face. Neve looks great

Also as someone else coined, The Scream Awakens

This and the new Home Alone is just too much.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

eh, im not really digging the whole old guard meets new guard thing.

wasnt a fan of it in the new halloween either. i dont know why, it just always comes off as cornball to me

bitbydeath

They got a decent cast.
-Jenna Ortega (The Babysitter 2, You) who sadly looks to be the intro death.
-Dylan Minnette (13 Reasons Why)
-Jack Quaid (The Boys)

TGO

That girl is too young to have a landline.
Sorry I don't follow
are you saying people these days don't have landlines or do you actually think the landline is in her name and not her parents?

Last edited:

AJUMP23

I was joking that the landline is just not really used anymore and especially not by teenagers. I haven’t had one for 15 years.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Man Neve Campbell is old.

I'm hoping at one point, the final Scream movie in the franchise, she is the final killer and goofy Matthew Lillard survived.

Last edited:
damn

surprisingly this franchise just doesn't age

neve campbell and especially david arquette still have that same energy

looks interesting too the new killer seems to have a pretty strong ominous presence

TGO

I was joking that the landline is just not really used anymore and especially not by teenagers. I haven’t had one for 15 years.
She's 18 in this, and a lesbian too
Amber is her girlfriend

Rockondevil

Always liked Scream. This trailer doesn't give away much which is nice. Definitely worth a watch unless anything drastic changes.

Mato

I'm a long time Scream fan, always down for sequel, even though it's practically impossible to innovate and surprise in the way that the first film did back in the day.

I say Matthew Lillard's long lost cousin.

I think maybe it's time for either Gale or Dewye to lose it. Or perhaps Casey's parents are out looking for justice.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
For someone that has never watched any of the previous films, is it a new guy in the mask each time? as in they kill him off?

octiny

Banned
I didn't even know a 5th was coming. Everyone back is nice. Looking forward to it!

Looks like Dewey dies in this at some point going by Courtney's extremely short scream clip by ambulance/murder scene w/ Campbell holding her back @2:00. I could be wrong though 🤓

Waiting for Sydney to be like “Oh hey! How’s it going? Another copycat killer wasting more teens?! Yeah that’s a crying shame. Well, good luck with that and we’ll talk soon. Byeee!”

Last edited:
Wore one of those masks for Halloween before the original movie ever came out. Was a pain the ass to see out of , especially in the dark. Was basically blind so not sure how the killers always managed to get anything accomplished at night 😄

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Just like the rest of us from her hey day :messenger_tears_of_joy:
LOL. I googled some clips yesterday due to this thread and saw the final fight with her Lillard and the other guy knifing each other. Man, she was great in that hot but good girl way. Used to watch Party of Five too here and there just focusing on her sections.

Those rocking 90s were great. Neve Campbell + slutty Alyssa Milano and Heather Locklear on Melrose Place + milfy Markie Post (RIP). Oh yeah, Yasmine Bleeth before she got fat.

I was never a Jennifer Love Hewitt fan. I think she had nice tits though.

Last edited:

TGO

Wore one of those masks for Halloween before the original movie ever came out. Was a pain the ass to see out of , especially in the dark. Was basically blind so not sure how the killers always managed to get anything accomplished at night 😄
I wouldn't say it's that bad, but the dark is a problem.
Need to a new one, I've had mine over 20 years 😬

TGO

I didn't even know a 5th was coming. Everyone back is nice. Looking forward to it!

Looks like Dewey dies in this at some point going by Courtney's extremely short scream clip by ambulance/murder scene w/ Campbell holding her back @2:00. I could be wrong though 🤓
I think that's Judy Hicks after Ghostface baits her into thinking her son is in danger and kills her
Could be wrong though.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

LOL. I googled some clips yesterday due to this thread and saw the final fight with her Lillard and the other guy knifing each other. Man, she was great in that hot but good girl way. Used to watch Party of Five too here and there just focusing on her sections.

Those rocking 90s were great. Neve Campbell + slutty Alyssa Milano and Heather Locklear on Melrose Place + milfy Markie Post (RIP). Oh yeah, Yasmine Bleeth before she got fat.

I was never a Jennifer Love Hewitt fan. I think she had nice tits though.
Man the 90's were the best times! And I totally forgot about Yasmine Bleeth, I remember buying a copy of FHM with her on the cover. Damn, they'd never get away with Lads mags like that nowdays.. they were funny as hell to boot

wyULUf4.jpg

I'm with you on Jennifer Love Hewitt an all, was never a fan either. Although I reckon she'd of loved me in an oversized Ben Sherman shirt, curtains haircut and my Austin Metro out the front! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Man the 90's were the best times! And I totally forgot about Yasmine Bleeth, I remember buying a copy of FHM with her on the cover. Damn, they'd never get away with Lads mags like that nowdays.. they were funny as hell to boot

wyULUf4.jpg

I'm with you on Jennifer Love Hewitt an all, was never a fan either. Although I reckon she'd of loved me in an oversized Ben Sherman shirt, curtains haircut and my Austin Metro out the front! :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Whatever you do. Do not Google image search what she looks like now. Give you nightmares.

But here's a beauty pic from who knows when. I remember buying a Maxim mag with her on the cover and even my mom said "she looks very pretty". That came out of nowhere as she's not the type of person to talk about celebs and looks. She didnt even know who she is. But for a second I thought my mom became a lesbian.

Yasmine-Bleeth-1.jpg

Last edited:

TGO

Come to think of it, they better not kill off any of the OG cast, especially Dewey and Sidney
But Gale? Well Courteney Cox wanted her character to die in Scream 4 but Wes refused.
He said the 3 characters was the heart and Soul of the franchise.
Plus her death would destroy Dewey.
Definitely not Dewey and Sid though.

Dr.Morris79

Whatever you do. Do not Google image search what she looks like now. Give you nightmares.

But here's a beauty pic from who knows when. I remember buying a Maxim mag with her on the cover and even my mom said "she looks very pretty". That came out of nowhere as she's not the type of person to talk about celebs and looks. She didnt even know who she is. But for a second I thought my mom became a lesbian.

Yasmine-Bleeth-1.jpg
I wouldnt dare. I love my happy memories too much! And to be fair, she probably did turn a few girls lesbian :messenger_tears_of_joy:

octiny

Banned
I think that's Judy Hicks after Ghostface baits her into thinking her son is in danger and kills her
Could be wrong though.

The only reason I know it's Courtney is because she's wearing the same blue shirt under jacket and necklace as earlier in trailer (no jacket, loading up guns with Neve). Which leaves me to believe he gets killed or seriously injured during his fight w/ killer @ 1:57 at hospital😲
qXTGrom.jpg
bQdrIcB.jpg

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
The kitchen from the intro of the trailer reminded me of the kitchen layout from the beginning of the original. Anyone notice that or am I losing it?

My sister and I somehow got to see the original in a theater with no adult guardian. We were 10 and 13 at the time. Needless to say, it scared us pretty good!

Top Bottom