• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Screenrant. Every Adaptation Of The Joker, Ranked From Worst To Best

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't include the comics, but still it's an interesting list.

And as one of the most enduring villains of all time, the Joker has made the jump to from comics to TV, TV to film, film to game and probably more in future. So before Jared Leto gives us an entirely new version of the Clown Prince of Crime in the upcoming Suicide Squad, let’s try (operative phrase) to rank every single adaptation of the Joker. Or at least all the major ones – comics aren’t included.

Worst:
Young Justice
13.- The Brave and the Bold
12.- Martha wayne
11.- The Batman
10.- LEGO Joker
9.- Arkham Origins
8.- Injustice
7.- Under the red hood
6.- Batman (60's Cesar Romero)
5.- Dark Knight Returns
4.- Batman (1989-Jack Nicholson)
3.- Arkham Series
2.- The Dark Knight (Heath Ledger)
Best:
DCAU Joker

http://screenrant.com/best-worst-every-joker-adaptation-ranked/

Tom Nook

At #1...

giphy.gif

Ishida

Banned
Damn... I feel so lonely in this world by being one of the few people who actually liked Nicholson's Joker more than Ledger's. :(

I haven't seen every Joker on that list but I wouldn't say the Young Justice one is the worst. It's a little shocking going from our typical animated Joker to him but I got used to it.

Prompto

Banned
I know Troy Baker was just doing a Hamill impersonation but Arkham Origins Joker was still better than the one in Under the Red Hood and Injustice.

Fury451

Banned
I love how Mark Hamill is so good he is technically on the list twice.

Can't really argue with any of the placements

Aren't the DCAU and Arkham Joker the same Joker?

Not really, but it's understandable thinking. I think that's the connection naturally drawn because of Conroy and Hamill, but it's a separate universe/continuity.

No problem with the list, especially number 1. I don't hardly ever read comics, but if I happen to read a Batman comic it's Mark Hamil's voice I hear as the Joker.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Aren't the DCAU and Arkham Joker the same Joker?

Basically, same voice actor but different continuity. It's a pointless distinction to pad out the list. Maybe they act different, I don't know. Felt pretty much the same to me.

Young Justice Joker is just kinda lazy. It feels like something you would hear on YouTube. Perform aside, the character isn't that interesting in the show either.

But I'll still put The Batman's Joker under YJ. I can not sanction that buffoonery.

Rue

BATB Joker is too low and the Nicholson Joker is way too high (he was ok and enjoyable, but he never really felt like the Joker at all to me).

Young Justice Joker is definitely the absolute worst I've ever seen.

I can't take the list seriously with the Arkham series that high.

Cesar should be higher.

I'd argue that Arkham Knight had literally the single best appearance of Joker overall, while the other Arkham showings were much lower.

Arkham knight Joker was incredible from the writing to the acting. Probably the legitimately funniest Joker as well at times.

Anung

Un Rama
I'll do it. Ledger is terrifying, yet weirdly charismatic and engaging. He dominates every frame he's in. Hamill's is...a pitch perfect cartoon rendering.

He was fantastic at capturing a particular side of the Jokers character. Hamill has consistently been able to portray almost all incarnations of the character. He can do the light hearted clown prince of crime in a vein similar to the 60's show and almost in the same episode effortlessly transform into the menacing mass murdering monster. Even more impressive considering this was happening on a kids TV show/movies.

Hamill will always be the Joker to me.

Joeku

I'd argue that Arkham Knight had literally the single best appearance of Joker overall, while the other Arkham showings were much lower.

Arkham knight Joker was incredible from the writing to the acting. Probably the legitimately funniest Joker as well at times.

Before Arkham Knight I was ready to say that Troy Baker came in and out-Hamill'd Hamill in Origins. AK Joker, however, is stuff of legend.

Hell if they were going to include YJ Joker they might as well as included Michael McKean's Joker from the DCAU's Legends of the Dark Knight episode. He might have had more screen time.

Agree with those saying BatB and AO Joker should be higher.

KDC720

Different voice actor aside, Arkham Origins Joker should be put in with the rest of the series.

I agree with the list otherwise though.

Sesha

GTFO with that edgy bullshit list, BatB Joker is one of the greatest interpretations of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Definitely underrated. And unlike Young Justice, Arkham Origins, Under the Red Hood, and Injustice, although the depiction is somewhat inspired by Romero, it's not a me-too version of an existing Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom