• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Screenrant. Every Adaptation Of The Joker, Ranked From Worst To Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I feel like 1 and 2 should actually be tied.

No argument for the worst. Young Justice should be ashamed at their struggle joker.
Nah, they get a pass because they did everything else right.

The Flash

Banned
Worst:
Young Justice

giphy.gif

made a whole thread related to this

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I'd debate that 'The Batman' animated series had the worst version of The Joker, even worse than YJ. It also had the worst versions of other villains as well. It wasn't a good show.

Sanjuro

I don't think there is anyone on NeoGAF that will defend YJ Joker.

Is there a YouTube clip or something someone can use to summarize? Never gave Young Justice a shot.

For the poster mentioning Arkham, it just felt soulless, but not in a bad way. They still feel like video games. The story is there and proper. Just feels like the grabbed a scoop of B:TAS and sprinkled it evenly for the fans.

DCAU is obviously the best. No other Joker compares, and in my mind, whenever I read a comic about Joker, it's Hamill's voice. And whenever another Joker appears, I judge it based on Hamill.

He is the Joker.

John DiMaggio is seriously underrated as the Joker. And Hamill will forever be King.

I mean even when he's doing a parody of the Joker he's awesome, as evident by Robot Chicken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfH3bDPNGHw

Yea, DiMaggio surprised me with his Joker.

I'm feeling good about Leto's Joker, to the point where I reckon he'd land in the top 5 of that list, were I to map my feelings about the rankings from screenrant's.

Xe4

Banned
Nope, they're separate universes. YJ is Earth 16 and DCAU is Earth 12.
Thanks for the clarification!

Is there a YouTube clip or something someone can use to summarize? Never gave Young Justice a shot.

For the poster mentioning Arkham, it just felt soulless, but not in a bad way. They still feel like video games. The story is there and proper. Just feels like the grabbed a scoop of B:TAS and sprinkled it evenly for the fans.
You should give Young Justice a shot. It's one of the best animated series there is. The a joker is awful in it, however.

There is a high chance that Leto will be no 1 for me judging by what I've seen so far, even if the movie sucks

Im already thinking he is over Ledger at least in action/personality based on previews.
The "damaged" tattoo is also the only thing hurting the look for me that I can't easily accept till I see the movie.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Probably. That was his first and only appearance in the show.

And this is why I think The Batman's Joker is worse. Joker on YJ was about equivalent to a cameo appearance. He comes and goes, you think 'man that was a bad joker' and move on. In The Batman, you had to stomach through that terrible Joker for almost the entire series.

Effect

Martha Wayne is
Flashpoint Joker
, and there is a show called The Batman, with this Joker:

latest

His design is out there but for those that have not seen The Batman he does turn out well. I believe so anyway. He has to grow on you. His first appearance can cause a WTF response out of you though. I actually would rank him higher on the list.

Aside from BatB Joker being so low, I like this list.

It blew my mind to find out Lego Joker also voiced this guy

4753745+_071c5e1b737cf9e73743d46faa4a2e65.png

Even the voice actor said in the commentaries that doing Spandam was exactly like Joker turned up to 11.

Goodstyle

Arkham Origins Joker is super underrated. I'm not even talking about the performance here, I'm saying the character himself is amazingly drawn in that game. So good, so many amazing moments. Easily one of the best Jokers in existence.

LionPride

Banned
His design is out there but for those that have not seen The Batman he does turn out well. I believe so anyway. He has to grow on you. His first appearance can cause a WTF response out of you though. I actually would rank him higher on the list.

Black Joker should be ranked higher

Besides the final boss fight of Asylum which was just ridiculous, I think my favorite version of the Joker is from the Arkham series. He's basically the same version as the DCAU Joker except a little scarier and a little darker. It's like they took an already delicious sundae and put a cherry on top.

Heath of course is tops as well.

Black Joker should be ranked higher

I wanna know if yall can figure out which one that is

Talking about the one from The Batman?

Sheroking

The one that they changed the least from the comics won. Shocking.

Under the Red Hood and The Dark Knight Returns were actual comics.

Don't think the saturday morning cartoon version is quite as close. Frankly, Joker from the Arkham series is probably just the DCAU Joker without as many content restrictions, which would make that closer as well.

Under the Red Hood and The Dark Knight Returns were actual comics.

Don't think the saturday morning cartoon version is quite as close. Frankly, Joker from the Arkham series is probably just the DCAU Joker without as many content restrictions, which would make that closer as well.

The DCAU version of the Joker is more like the Bronze Age version while the DKR and Red Hood ones are the modern age (obviously since they are modern age comics).

Also, Batman TAS adapted several comics, most notably the Laughing Fish which is considered pretty much the definitive Bronze Age Joker story.

Astral Dog

What about the Batman Beyond Joker? is that included in the first spot along the Justice League?
715706_023.jpg

Also Young Justice Joker was bad but i thought there would be worse, he is boring and a lackey, the biggest sin is that he was not a leader of The Light, but i liked they gave the spotlight to less known villains

Got to agree with best and worst. Don't understand the hate for The Batman's Joker. He was definitely inline with the Joker the trip inside his mind being the best example.

S-Wind

I cannot accept that the The Batman version of the Joker and better than Flashpoint's Martha Wayne Joker.

NO! NO! NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom