• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

seattlepi.com: Wii Nov 19th and $250

SolidSnakex said:
This is what happens when you're being unrealistic with price expectations. Like them actually releasing the Wii for the same price as the DS.

Seriously, people were setting themselves up for disappointment at ridiculous prices like $150 and $170.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Gah. It's obviously not a PS3-level shock, but eesh. That's so high.

Everyone who predicted 199 (I did too but I didn't swear by it) is LOL'd.

"There will be a photo channel that will allow users to use the Wii to display digital photographs on television.

There also will be an easy-to-use interactive news channel and weather channel."

So what the **** is that about? No way do Nintendo want a news channel. Right?!

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
If it comes with 2 controllers, that'd be a decent package.

Edit: Launching on my birthday is kinda neat, but I'd prefer it to be sooner.

Hayami

Banned
Pellham said:
you're kidding right? you seriously expect millions of people to plunk down $600 on a video game console? Whether the Wii sells or not will have nothing to do with the PS3.

early bird gets the worm HELLO

goomba

Banned
Itll sellout at $250 for the year to Ntards (like me)

I predict a price drop to $199 next year, coinciding with the Mario Galaxy launch.

bachikarn

If it has Wii Sports plus an extra controller I guess thats alright. I'd rather it just be 200 and let use decide which games and controllers we want. The Nov. 19th launch date is bullshit though. No reason for it to be so late : [

Stench

Banned
360 IS NOW THE DOMINANT FORCE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON, ALL FORWARD MOMENTUM = ON THEIR SIDE

I can't believe I just typed that.

Duderz

Banned
Yeah, an extra $50 isn't so bad. It may end up costing me the purchase of one game, but in exchange I'm getting Wii Sports for free.

Now, hopefully that EGM rumor of over 30 sports in Wii Sports turns out true.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Alot of people nagged about Nintendo releasing a handheld (NDS) for $50 more than their usual...didn't hurt Nintendo though, eat it haters.

Wii + game + Opera + (hopefully 2 Wiimotes) is a fine deal IMO!

dextran

it must come with 2 controllers. why bundle wii sports - a multiplayer game! and not have two controllers.
suddenly 250 makes sense - one price - one box - one enjoyable experience for the family.

:(

Oh, well, not too bad in the long run of things ... but I have no interest in Wii Sports, so I doubt I'll be picking this up at launch (esp. w/ the slate of current-gen and DS titles I'm lookig out for)

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I told you, it's not gonna be a party. Low power consumption, very small size to fit the tech(beside the bigger DVD drive), sensor bar, the Wiimote(s). There's a lot more to the cost of the box than just what the graphics tell.

They shouldn't launch it so late.. $250 is more than it should be, but I won't be too pissed if it includes 2 controllers in the box

Jesus, I just clicked on the thread, switched to another tab, hit reload... and now its on page 3. :lol

aki048kp3.jpg

Smiles and Cries said:
u people are stupid you all know you will buy it...

Nov 19 is a sunday... I'm kinda sad that we did not get an october launch

ravingrabbits_082306_qthighwide_thumb.jpg

GAF SAD

Wii need that made into a legendary photoshop pronto!

Wollan

I don't really see why they would want to do this. Couldn't they just release it without Wii sports for 199$ and get that cheaper image? And they are releasing after the PS3? I thought they could do better.

jluedtke

I don't understand the bitching...yet. Bundled w/Wii Sports, plus they haven't mentioned what else comes with. Two Wiimotes? Nunchuck attachment? VC controller? 1 free download?

I'm more disappointed by the release date than the price. Wait until the full announcement before you start jumping out of buildings.

There are some overreactionary mofos on these forums. :lol

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
There is no "eat it haters". This is stupid no matter what system youre buying.

I'm still getting it cause i get everything but damn that is dumb.

Well if it comes with Wii Sports, then it should have 2 controllers as well. If it does, then that's not bad at all. Still have to wait for the inevitable screwing us Euros will get though. :(

Amir0x

Banned
oh, and pre-emptive :lol @ soundwave05 "oh yeah they might even release at $99 to appease casuals, but $150 seems like a good spot"

JB1981

Pellham said:
A broad generalization that again ignores the $600 pricetag that will prevent the majority of consumers from buying a PS3 at launch

$250 seperates arcane hardware with bleeding edge tech. I'd say that makes the PS3 look quite a bit better in terms of value.

Xdrive05

Not a bad price to come with Wii sports, but I still think it's going to put them out of their "CASUALS FTW" market approach.

Grandmas and non-gamers won't be willing to pay that much for it, I'd strongly wager. At least $199 would have gone waaaay further to getting that crowd.

ronito

Welp. If this is true then count me out of a first day buy. This is just like nintendo. Spend a long time setting all the pins up, everything's looking great and then they gutterball. Honestly to me I can justify $199 purchase, but $250 puts it in a different category. Most casual gamers would jump on something under $200 with this price Nintendo is really missing the market they keep saying they're aiming for. Sigh Nintendo, when will you ever learn?

This much uproar over some random news site? Do you know how many times this type of thing has happened before? Jeez people, wait until the conference before you get your panties in a bunch. :lol

Top Bottom