• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second body cam video shows Baltimore cops allegedly planting evidence

commedieu

Banned
Doesn't this mean crooked cops are just gonna wait longer before hitting record now?

It means things in America will continue because police have laughable training, aren't too sharp, and have a racist public that supports their actions, so there's no accountability.

This shit is going no where. You can have 300k bad cops, but "my cousin hes a good one!" Will drown out any need for reform.

Sunster

scrap the entire police force and start over. too corrupt to be fixed. and cops should have years of training so they aren't scared bullies shooting at every brown person that moves.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
"That's the weed smell right there"

Really?

What they want to say:

lQiePyk.jpg

I sentence this cop to 12 weeks of paid leave and everyone who witnessed him and didn't say shit to 4 weeks.

Gavel. #Justice

Edit: "Niggardry" is def a new one for me

Anticol

Banned
Where is the cop's defense force from gaf? Oh right its just a few bad apples and the good ones just stay quiet.

Donos

Get.Fucked. Now and with the other case, everybody know the 30 seconds rule but at least some got cought red handed. Maybe there are some other cases that pop up before it got known.

mclem

Wait, how does this work? You get 30 seconds of footage before the officer hits the record button?

Constantly filming into a 30s-long buffer in RAM, dumps that to storage plus any following data at the point record is pressed.

platocplx

And people wonder why people rioted in baltimore after freddie grey. It's never been on death it's been shit like this over the years and finally its being documented. I hope more and more people stop giving cops the benefit of the doubt and they are just as flawed as anyone else not "above" shit.

And honestly they need to have a much longer buffer and the time isn't disclosed.

platocplx

They don't exist

There are only less terrible than average cops. Inherently Good cops are rare as fuck just as there are good people in this world. If we really had all these good cops, good people we would rarely ever hear of shit like this/ and wouldn't be arguing over doing the right things for this planet or people in general.

UberTag

I'm still waiting for one of these mythical good cops apoloGAF keeps telling me about to take a meaningful stand against the pervasive corruption run amok in seemingly every police department in the country.
Snarky❤;245155755 said:
Have seen literally not a single one.
Laser, good cops are make-believe. Like elves, gremlins and Eskimos.

If good cops existed, they would be treated like Milton in Office Space. Diverted to an ever-isolated section of the department. They would either be shit-canned or have evidence planted against them to blackmail them into silence and loyalty. There is no longer any place for justice in America's law enforcement system.

Jay Sosa

Snarky❤;245154354 said:
Fuck the police. Yes all of them.

man to imagine I was banned just a couple of years a go for saying something disrespectful about the police, now you see posts like this every day.. How the tides have turned.

ag-my001

Doesn't this mean crooked cops are just gonna wait longer before hitting record now?
Sounds like these guys already knew about the buffer:

“After the car has been thoroughly searched, the officers turn off their body cameras and reactivate them. When the cameras come back on one officer is seen squatting by the driver’s seat area. The group of officers then wait approximately 30 seconds.”

At this point, body cameras being turned off in the middle of an incident should be automatic reasonable doubt, especially in this case where it's multiple cameras at once.

The next morning and still on page 1, how'd I know.

Also y'all need to chill with the wire gifs and references, this ain't fiction it's happening to actual people.

KSweeley

Oh fuck!!!! :( We really need to get rid of the Blue Wall of Silence so police departments can kick out every single rotten police officers from the force. The rotten ones are the ones who are consistently making the news and making the good cops which I'm sure there are good cops in every police department including in Baltimore City look bad by association.

KSweeley

Body cams should NOT allow police to have the ability to turn them on and off, they should be on at all times and the only time it would not be recording is due to no battery power.

Top Bottom