• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

See you Thursday, June 11 at 1:00pm Pacific time (9:00pm BST) for a look at the future of gaming

Chiggs

Gold Member
MS right now:

source.gif

Thank God for Microsoft Office and that shady cloud deal that the Trump admin secured, effectively blocking Bezos and AWS.

longdi

Banned
I hope we can see some leaks in the morning, so i can sleep early
Will be hilarious if someone managed to hacked into SIE servers like previously🤙

Just saw this on Twitter. Never saw this one before. Already confirmed as fake? Colorscheme of the DualSense looks different from the trailer but maybe just different variants from the beginning.
yU2Qdab.jpg
Why do people always assume the console will be a mirror image of the controller from the colour scheme right down to the LED arrangement?

A lot of people still don't think we are seeing the console Thursday :messenger_angry:
Console production has already started in some capacity.
Would be foolish for Sony to delay the reveal any further and risk console design leaks by a dodgy factory worker.
I'd be very surprised if there is no look at the final console (even a sneak peak or silhouette of the shape will do)

Joey.

Just saw this on Twitter. Never saw this one before. Already confirmed as fake? Colorscheme of the DualSense looks different from the trailer but maybe just different variants from the beginning.
yU2Qdab.jpg

Yikes, worst one I've seen yet.

They better show the console on Thursday, what a weird move not to. Xbox has shown its stuff months ago, why can't PS? If PS will be launching this year, you'd think that the console design has to be finalized and in production. Not showing the console would be the biggest tease ever and so unnecessary. It would be a tease for only teasing sake.

With that said, give me some good games and I might be able to live with it.

RPS37

Dude. What if they just show a handful of games and not reveal the design, price or date?
I’m down, I guess.
If one of the games is the next insomniac, guerrilla games, or Sony Santa Monica games.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Dude. What if they just show a handful of games and not reveal the design, price or date?
I’m down, I guess.
If one of the games is the next insomniac, guerrilla games, or Sony Santa Monica games.
I thought the same thing. You have to remember that MS will also be watching so they also announce a price. That’s just a guess.

As crazy as this sounds, I do not think you'll see it until August.
Don't think Sony will risk it until August. The console is currently in manufacturing and as i said before, it could be leaked by anyone. There are far too many potential leaks with this thing in production. Sony can't plug all these potential holes during the manufacturing process.

Either way i'm happy with just the games on Thursday. Don't care for the actual console design showing up or not but just thinking in terms of what makes sense with the reveal window for this hardware.

Last edited:
Don't think Sony will risk it until August. The console is currently in manufacturing and as i said before, it could be leaked by anyone. There are far too many potential leaks with this thing in production. Sony can't plug all these potential holes during the manufacturing process.

Either way i'm happy with just the games on Thursday. Don't care for the actual console design showing up or not but just thinking in terms of what makes sense with the reveal window for this hardware.

I mean you have a point there true. To be frank I am not sure why they are waiting so long in the first place. Microsoft showed theirs last year and it was a fantastic surprise/move imo.

Granted, at the end of the day it's all about the games and how they will look and play. We're obviously gonna see the thing within the next 11 weeks at the latest.

GenericUser

found this on twitter. Spanish media markt shop put this up in their online store. Probably fake, but since we have nothing to do but to wait for the 11th, I thought I share it with you.

ps5-taucht-samt-preis-bild--media-markt-shop-zeigen--278141.jpeg

capturekxkns.jpg

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
found this on twitter. Spanish media markt shop put this up in their online store. Probably fake, but since we have nothing to do but to wait for the 11th, I thought I share it with you.

ps5-taucht-samt-preis-bild--media-markt-shop-zeigen--278141.jpeg

capturekxkns.jpg

Why would they not use the print screen function? Instead, take a grainy cellphone picture. That’s makes it very obvious that it was shopped.

GenericUser

Why would they not use the print screen function? Instead, take a grainy cellphone picture. That’s makes it very obvious that it was shopped.
As I said, It's probably fake. Here is another picture:

EaAIXrsXsAgFqql

I don't think they would dare to release a console this ugly. It just looks like a cheap knockoff from the dev-kit design. But I think, it's always funny to see those stupid things right before an official reveal, adds some spice to the whole "next gen reveal" circus

Last edited:
As I said, It's probably fake. Here is another picture:

EaAIXrsXsAgFqql

I don't think they would dare to release a console this ugly. It just looks like a cheap knockoff from the dev-kit design. But I think, it's always funny to see those stupid things right before an official reveal, adds some spice to the whole "next gen reveal" circus
That fan-made mockup has been around for weeks, or more.

TTOOLL

the rumor is they won't show the console?

I don't know about this rumor but based on their first press-release I'm not expecting it. I have no hopes for a big show either, I think we gonna have some kind of intro of course, the some talk about the console without showing it and then games, a lot of them.

Myths

Damn, I miss that make.believe blue/yellow theme, it's from when Sony was so damn good every possible electronics I had was from them, and now all of their products seem to be lacking behind Samsung, LG etc.
Those were the days, living on the edge with Sony 🤩

Last edited:
Top Bottom