• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega accidentally leaks minutes of meeting with SCEA - PS2 emulation & more discussed

Xater

squicken said:
Disappointed to see Alpha Protocol is even less an RPG than ME. It's also got to annoy the shit out of Obsidian to see their publisher crap on their game less than a month before its release, and further cast them in the shadow of Bioware.

Well the game didn't really impress me at Gamescom. The demo I saw actually bored me.

Host Samurai said:
So I guess no plans for some PSP emualtion :(

Why would they ever do that? :lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
PSU2
Could do bundle at GameStop with PSP 30-35K units on UMD, Go, or both.

wat?!

PSU 2 or PSP 2?

If Sega puts PSP 2 on the PSP then what about all the subs on the 360?!

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Sega still hasn't removed the document. The link in the OP turned into a direct download of the .doc file for me in Firefox :lol

FoneBone

I'm surprised that Sega managed to leak only one unannounced game there (whatever Vanquish is). At least there's definitive word that Aliens:CM is still coming.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I wish they would 'leak' minutes of a meeting with Nintendo we can get confirmation on Overkill 2 / Virtua Cop revival.

rjidz8.jpg

Do it. Shenmue and Yakuza series both on the PSN store? Maybe I should get another (pair of pants).

PG2G said:
I can't imagine why anyone would be happy knowing that Sony removed BC, found a way to bring it back, but will only do so if you rebuy every game you wanted to play.

They might have this program, where if you send in your disc, they'll send you a download code.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
squicken said:
It's also got to annoy the shit out of Obsidian to see their publisher crap on their game less than a month before its release, and further cast them in the shadow of Bioware.

It's Sony 'crapping on' AP, not Sega, and Obsidian has had this feedback for a while anyway. The public airing sucks, though, true.

AColdDay

EatChildren said:
I wish they would 'leak' minutes of a meeting with Nintendo we can get confirmation on Overkill 2 / Virtua Cop revival.

I would kill to read the board minutes for a Nintendo meeting:

Zelda Wii
Discussions over whether Fire Temple bosses' weakpoint should be eye or glowing spot under belly.
Discussions of Ocarina promotional tie-in with Wii Music+

Earthbound
Brave new marketing exec mentions Earthbound possibilities outside Japan, citing ravenous consumer interest and is shouted down by executive management. Iwata throws a tomato at him and Reggie lifts him over his head. Exec is thrown out window.

Mario Party DSi
Funny face minigame used as major selling point in U.S ads.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Opportunity for PS3/PSP interoperability (see Eidos Batman, Army of Two, Assassin’s Creed for good examples).

BLAH BLAH BLAH

oh shit

would it just be a PSP Port or something different like the other two games mentioned?

Xater said:
Well the game didn't really impress me at Gamescom. The demo I saw actually bored me.

Why would they ever do that? :lol

Why not? I am sure many people would buy games for it to play on the big screen tv. Also it expands the potential sales of games and and consoles if you can purchase the emulator. Nintendo did it every generation with Super Gameboy and the Gameboy Advance player.

Too bad no DS add on :(

rvy

Banned
There's wishful thinking and then there's too good to be true. Releasing both Shenmue games and both Yakuza PS2 games through PSN is the latter.

squicken

D2M15 said:
It's Sony 'crapping on' AP, not Sega, and Obsidian has had this feedback for a while anyway. The public airing sucks, though, true.
Sega is the one who has made this public. They are publishing it and let a candid evaluation slip out.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
LiK said:
why not? with the tech these days, Shenmue would be pretty awesome.

Shenmue 3 (Wii) announced.

obaidr

Banned
EatChildren said:
Shenmue 3 (Wii) announced.
i think He was Talking about the graphical possibilities and Not particulary the waggle. but since this is à joke post anyway, why am i responding at all? *_*

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
AndyD said:
Only 4-5 million remotes to be sold? Or do they mean in the first year?

It'd be very good for one year, but might be conservative for lifetime sales. I'd guess fiscal year internal forecast since they don't normally go beyond that.

4-5m in year one I hope is doable, but will depend a lot on how much effort they put behind it from a marketing/game-bundling etc. POV.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Third Strike? Online? With my badass Saturn USB pad? :eek:~

I really hope this PS2 PSN stuff pans out sooner rather than later. And with Sony first party games I'd hope they'll do some updating. :) (SotC locked framerate?*drool*)

Daante

Full PS2 games @ PSN with a reasonable pricing , togheter with some sort of firmware that makes the emulator run the games equally or better as the best PC emulators out there (if the ps3 could handle that ofc?)

BELIEVE

jercruz said:
oh well, was hoping sony would release general PS2 emulation even for a fee.

Did we pay an extra fee for ps1 emulation?

If Sony does have an emulator that can run "all" ps2 titles, we will be allowed to put in our discs and they will sell digital "ps2 classics" on the store. It's really that simple.

Brobzoid said:
Third Strike? Online? With my badass Saturn USB pad? :eek:~

I really hope this PS2 PSN stuff pans out sooner rather than later. And with Sony first party games I'd hope they'll do some updating. :) (SotC locked framerate?*drool*)
But the PS2 port of 3S doesn't have online play.
And what does Sega have to do with it?

PS3/PSP compatability for the DC games would be sweet, just like the ps1 classics. I'll be very excited for PS2 titles on PSN if they are compatible with the PSP2.

I'm interested to see what games will be included in that sonic anniversary collection that haven't been in a sonic collection before. The adventure games are likely, I'd like to see all the GBA games included, Sonic Pocket Adventure, and the Sonic Rivals games(if they have enough space). I doubt that $99 price tag sticks. They'd get grief for selling it for $60. $30 sounds better.

An import section would be very nice, and I like the pricing. If they go forward with it, it'll be a much better option than Play-Asia or other import sites.

DMeisterJ

Banned
gofreak said:
It'd be very good for one year, but might be conservative for lifetime sales. I'd guess fiscal year internal forecast since they don't normally go beyond that.

4-5m in year one I hope is doable, but will depend a lot on how much effort they put behind it from a marketing/game-bundling etc. POV.

Yeah, I think it's FY especially since they're targeting a spring launch (when their FY starts).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
WhiteAce said:
I'm glad Sony fans now like Dreamcast games at last!

Seriously though - this smells like fake.

I'm glad we can all come out of the Dreamcast-loving closet now :3

What makes you think fake though? And...how, even? Yes it's possible someone hacked sega's ftp site and uploaded this for larfs, but it's so full of incidental and mundane detail that it seems quite realisitic in portraying what such a meeting would be about.

Top Bottom