• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Files Videogame Trademark For "Sonic Colors"

2008-03-26.jpg

Looks like it stopped on yellow.

V_Ben

Banned
more for you;

4639658251_54f56822ec.jpg

We’re excited to announce a brand-new game for Sonic the Hedgehog! Sonic Colors is a high speed action-adventure in which Sonic races through theme park-inspired worlds to rescue a colorful alien race from the clutches of Dr. Eggman. An extraordinary amusement park has been seen orbiting around the home planet of Sonic the Hedgehog, and rumors are spreading that an alien race of Wisps, who have a unique colorful energy, are being held captive there by the evil Dr. Eggman. Soon after arriving at the amusement park, Sonic discovers he is able to use these mysterious alien forces to help the Wisps escape!

Sonic Colors will be available on the Wii and the Nintendo DS around holiday 2010. Sonic Colors for the Wii seamlessly combines both 3D and classic 2D game play perspectives, while the Nintendo DS version takes full advantage of the console’s dual screen.

4640254774_3a97c02e79.jpg

Sonic Colors sees Sonic accelerating to adrenaline-pumping super speeds and blasting through obstacles in ways never before seen in a Sonic game. The alien Wisps featured in the game each have a unique “Color Power” that, once freed, Sonic is able to absorb while speeding through the various theme park inspired planets. The Wisp energy enables Sonic to create new paths through the stages by drilling through the ground (Yellow Drill) for example, or speeding through the stage as a laser (Cyan Laser). Stringing the Wisp power-ups together creates a combo that increases Sonic’s boost gauge even more quickly. Exclusive Wisp power-ups will be available for both Wii and the Nintendo DS versions, ensuring a unique and super speedy gameplay experience for Sonic fans everywhere.

4639647573_0c13310c5e.jpg

We’ve got these screens and more on our new Sonic Colors set on Flickr, and a trailer for you below!

woo :D

Wichu said:
In the trailer, it's spelled 'colours'. I hope that's not just for the Italian localisation.

It will not be, it is just the TC is American and Americans fail at English and spell most English words without a u. Anyway... yay.... more milking of the dead cow! :lol

They will have to rename this game for the UK, where you spell it COLOURS :D

Rlan said:
Just realized they're basically Space Flickies :lol

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090726133121/archiesonic/images/thumb/4/49/Flickies.JPG/200px-Flickies.JPG[img]

NEVER FORGET[/QUOTE]
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE RLAN

Resilient

If this is basically daytime Sonic Unleashed stages it could potentially be fun.

Also proves that there will be life after Sonic 4.

RobbieNick

Gameplay at E3 maybe?

Impossible to make any judgments about this game for me,= since we still barely know anything.

Does sound very kiddy though.

DaBuddaDa

Hey, at least this obviously in no way, shape or form is trying to appeal to us, the average GAFer, as the target audience. It's for DS and Wii, features colorful cartoon characters and loads of rainbow brite colors. If anyone at any time "gets their hopes up" that this will be "Sonic's true return to form" you deserve to be let down because this blatantly is not trying to be that.

That being said, I'm interested to see how Sonic will work being built from the ground up on the Wii.

Suzuki Yu

sounds & looks really interesting
specially the part talking about the unique visual style and Power-ups

and i am glad that they are mixing 2D with 3D gameplay elements

can't wait to see it in action :D

.la1n

I hate to be optimistic about a sonic game but if it's basically unleashed minus the werehog parts it could actually be quite...dare I say...fun.

Sadist said:
This going to be the 8th Sonic title on the Wii, dang.

Didn't Unleashed sell best on Wii despite being developed as an afterthought to the HD versions? Maybe Sega has concluded that it no longer makes sense to make PS3/360 the lead platforms for console Sonic platformers.

Top Bottom