• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega opens Mysterious Site...! | UPDATE: For... Chaos Online (Korean mmo)(post #170)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The human face etched in stone at the lower-left corner of the lava picture means it's (probably) not Sonic-related.

I want to say the guy's hair looks similar to Vyse's, but that would be too much to hope for...

priere.gif

Where did you get a De Funes gif?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I would accept Panzer Dragoon as an answer.

But not a facebook game.

DiscoJer

That's some really nice art at any rate.

But it would have to be RPG related somehow. All of that just screams fantasy anyway.

Erethian

Isn't Sega doing well right now? I can see them doing a bigger project for the investors.

They are doing well because of their restructure. Which involved reducing their retail presence outside of Japan to three key properties, and making everything else a digital download or some sort of social game.

So it seems unlikely that this is a big new project destined for retail. At least in Europe/North America.

jamsy

Would a Samba de Amigo game work on a PC? If so which game would it be?

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking but I assume that any of the Samba games (Dreamcast/Wii) would work on a PC, provided they work on an emulator or such.

The maraca controllers had a sensor which you placed at your feet and then you would tell the game how tall you were. So conceivably it could work. Or I suppose you can always play with a regular controller.

antonz

funny the art looks like heroes of might and magic with the various cities but thats ubisofts property.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Sword of Vermillion HD

Fatal Labyrinth 2

Shenmue: Total War

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
They are doing well because of their restructure. Which involved reducing their retail presence outside of Japan to three key properties, and making everything else a digital download or some sort of social game.

So it seems unlikely that this is a big new project destined for retail. At least in Europe/North America.

Technically they mentioned four properties. The direct quote:

Sega Sammy said:
We conducted detailed reviews of earnings projections for titles targeted toward the U.S. and European markets and decided to narrow down sales titles from the following period and after to strong IPs, such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Football Manager, Total War, and Aliens, which are expected to continue posting solid earnings. In accordance with this, we are canceling the development of some game software titles.

I imagine the Relic IPs they acquired with that studio last month also will be added to this list.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
You know. I wouldn't mind playing a good Sonic RPG. Bring it on.

Glass Rebel

If it's on their Japanese side it's either:

- Sonic
- Digital
- On handhelds
- Mobile
- Free to Play

Just as a friendly reminder to keep your expectations in check.

I imagine the Relic IPs they acquired with that studio last month also will be added to this list.

Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy (which they have gotten after that statement, I assume) then.

Erethian

I keep forgetting that Aliens is on there. And yeah, you could add CoH and DoW to that after they acquired Relic.

mujun

Sega bought the next gen RPG Obsidian was making for the Durango and it's coming out on both machines this year at launch!

Top Bottom