• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega opens Mysterious Site...! | UPDATE: For... Chaos Online (Korean mmo)(post #170)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Image names:

Shadow game?

Shadow Dancer 2, obviously.

e0kceZ6.jpg

Thought 1) WELL MAYBE IT'S SKIES OF ARCADIA, THESE PICS HAVE FLOATING ISLANDS AND THERE ARE CONTINENTS IN THE GAME WITH LARGE AREAS OF LAND AND NO SKY, RIGHT??!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Thought 2) It's Skies of Arcadia spin-off for iOS

AniHawk

looks a little too grounded for an arcadia game, but maybe it's something from the same team. i would like that, especially if it was a console dealy.

def sim

They are doing well because of their restructure. Which involved reducing their retail presence outside of Japan to three key properties, and making everything else a digital download or some sort of social game.

So it seems unlikely that this is a big new project destined for retail. At least in Europe/North America.

That's disappointing to hear, but understandable. I'd hope they would attempt a bigger project with the upcoming consoles as many developers are apparently doing, if some of these videogame journalists are accurate.

Nibel

Hmm, would phantasy star be too bold a guess?

Looks too medieval/fantasy-like; PS has more sci-fi elements I think

But yeah, this is no Sonic game; artwork is way too dark. Concept art for Sonic games are way more colorful - and to be honest, this nice artwork would be a waste for a Sonic game :p

So yeah, hopefully some RPG or something new entirely

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If the announcement comes on Feb. , 12th, it means it's not something announced in next Famitsu.

AniHawk

Sega doesnt have the talent to do a Panzer Dragoon anymore.

maybe crimson dragon is being redone as a next-gen launch title, and sega is publishing instead of microsoft.

team andromeda became smilebit became sega sports japan. i don't know if they have any key members from the orta days, but they became sega sports japan just a year after orta came out. they make the mario and sonic games now.

TaroYamada

Out of established IP I agree that this is most in-line with Panzer Dragoon but being realistic; this is a new mobile/browser game, I miss SEGA's Japanese output but that's what I am expecting.

Sorral

It doesn't fit Phantasy Star. I am hoping for a scale as really shown in these drawings. Looks great. I shouldn't get my hopes up though.

iavi

If Sega really is about to surprise everyone with a new big-budget RPG series, or sequel to Skies, I'm gonna tear up a bit. The concept art scream RPG, but the typeface screams Sonic. Maybe that's the point.

I think it's Sonic Adventure 3

AniHawk

Plus if it was SoA there would be a lot more floating landmasses.

the name skies of arcadia is just the western one though. plus, valkyria chronicles 1, the game, could be somewhat canon with vyse, aika, and fina showing up from an unknown land (and leaving with bird).

Corto

Art is promising. Being Sega, the only way I won't buy it is if it's not localized or released on a platform that I don't own.

Top Bottom