• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

Grief.exe

i noticed a lot of the salty posts ITT bringing up pc game pricing

i think i know why people are getting mad lol

Does have the advantage of easily highlighting those that need to be educated. Opens some eyes to the reality of the situation.

I'm disappointed in you.... :(

Gonna listen to haddaway on the way home due to this...

I'm working on getting there. Difficult to justify playing AAA games when all these indie games are taking home GOTY awards and are far more compelling experiences.

I know Binary Domain has some high points despite being critically panned, I do tend to enjoy those type of games more.

Simulated user experience of Vanquish on PC

MemorexNot.gif

PC > your fave platform.

Adnor

Banned
Didn't they fix those quite quickly?

All this BD discussion is making me want to boot it up, I have never played it before.

I played it some months ago and the controls were horrible, so I don't even want to know how bad they were before they "fixed" them.

TaroYamada

I played it some months ago and the controls were horrible, so I don't even want to know how bad they were before they "fixed" them.

Desire to play degrading.

Worst case use a 360 pad but I think the biggest issue now is how giant the aim sensitivity slider is, it's really hard to find a spot you are comfortable with. Once I did, I had very few issues.

Other suggestions: change FOV of course, and disable aim assist. Some of the options are in the config, some are in the in-game menu. I think aim assist is in the in-game menu. Also you can change button prompts in the config from keyboard to 360 and vice versa.

Shaneus

Just to reiterate, I quite like Binary Domain but it really doesn't stick out from the crowd like SEGA's other games do.
I enjoyed it too. But IMO it felt more like a futuristic Grasshopper-esque game than Sega. Vanquish is IMO 110% Sega though. And Bayonetta etc.

Imagine 120fps Vanquish at 1440p downsampled with a MaLDo texture mod. Hnnngh.

Look, I love Binary Domain as well, I know they could have done more with main character design (except for Cain, he was great), but I'm getting tired of it being used as a reason why there shouldn't be more PC ports from SEGA. The game bombed hard on console sure, but I'd like to see the PC sale data used to support this argument.

I find it really odd that people are so against these requested games (especially with the PG stuff) because PC sales, when SEGA recently ported Viking and HotD Overkill (which almost didn't happen if it wasn't for the dedicated porting team, and for 50% retail upon release).

TaroYamada

Look, I love Binary Domain as well, I know they could have done more with main character design (except for Cain, he was great), but I'm getting tired of it being used as a reason why there shouldn't be more PC ports from SEGA. The game bombed hard on console sure, but I'd like to see the PC sale data used to support this argument.

I find it really odd that people are so against these requested games (especially with the PG stuff) because PC sales, when SEGA recently ported Viking and HotD Overkill (which almost didn't happen if it wasn't for the dedicated porting team, and for 50% retail upon release).

Agreed, plus it rocks, quit hating on it folks. I think it's one of the best TPS games ever :p

Also Sonic Retro followed through on their coverage, it's linked in OP under press and we are live in Indonesia and they are tweeting a decent amount about this.

bender

What time is it?
If you skip Binary Domain you are skipping out on one of the better characters we saw over the past few years. Cain is awesome.

Nethaniah

If you skip Binary Domain you are skipping out on one of the better characters we saw over the past few years. Cain is awesome.

I bought Binary Domain quite a while ago on PC and honestly was really excited to play it until i actually did and found that it had some of the worst mouse acceleration i ever experienced, this is not a good version of the game unless you're into using gamepads for games that require ms/kb cause of precision aiming, i'm not.

What i'm trying to say here is, there's enough reason to skip it right there, no character is worth spending money on this.

Adnor

Banned
I bought Binary Domain quite a while ago on PC and honestly was really excited to play it until i actually did and found that it had some of the worst mouse acceleration i ever experienced, this is not a good version of the game unless you're into using gamepads for games that require ms/kb cause of precision aiming, i'm not.

What i'm trying to say here is, there's enough reason to skip it right there, no character is worth spending money on this.

I finished the game because I liked the characters, but yeah, if your game is about aiming and shooting you should make sure that aiming is at least serviceable. It's the the thing players will do most of the game, so do it right.

I just hope that if they port Vanquish they don't make the same mistake.

TaroYamada

I finished the game because I liked the characters, but yeah, if your game is about aiming and shooting you should make sure that aiming is at least serviceable. It's the the thing players will do most of the game, so do it right.

I just hope that if they port Vanquish they don't make the same mistake.

The studio that handled PC ports for Sonic Generations, Binary Domain and I believe Virtua Tennis 4 was called Devil's Details. They aren't accepting work anymore and are effectively defunct. I never really had much issue with the aiming after the patch but it's pretty damn hard to find a setting your comfortable with and that's because of this:

LgNnGiH.jpg

This thing increments by 1 and goes from 1, to 1000.

I figured there'd be more signatures by now, considering how much exposure it's getting, how sensible and realistic it all is, and how legendarily excellent Bayonetta and Vanquish are.

Nymphae

Banned
I signed, would love to have Bayonetta & Vanquish!

Also, it's sort of Criminal how underrated/underappreciated Vanquish is.

I figured there'd be more signatures by now, considering how much exposure it's getting, how sensible and realistic it all is, and how legendarily excellent Bayonetta and Vanquish are.

Naaa.. these things tend to have weird curves towards the end. I'm not saying that it will happen but I've seen them just spike skywards.

While I think the list is great (Bayo, Vanquish, VF5S), does Anarchy Reigns/Max Anarchy use the same engine Revengeance does? Granted ports do take time, but if it's similar to Bayo/Vanquish maybe it's another game to consider?

TaroYamada

Will add to OP

Does this question need repeating every two pages?
Dark Souls PC is your answer

Yes, yes it does!

Naaa.. these things tend to have weird curves towards the end. I'm not saying that it will happen but I've seen them just spike skywards.

Baron keeping hope alive.

also submission to reddit via eurogamer article was a success.

Mesoian

Seems like we are holding pretty steady at 1000 a day. Problem is, we are going to be running out of media outlets eventually.

Still have some big ones yet to reach, IGN, Joystiq, VG247, RPS, PCGamer, etc.

vegeta_shocked_9000_by_wortmann-d6drw47.gif

If you haven't yet, you guys should talk to Patrick Klepick.

TaroYamada

Seems like we are holding pretty steady at 1000 a day. Problem is, we are going to be running out of media outlets eventually.

Still have some big ones yet to reach, IGN, Joystiq, VG247, RPS, PCGamer, etc.

We reached RPS, they just never did anything with it.

Top Bottom