• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
"Hey you motherfucker" Sega released Nights, JSR, Binary Domain, Yakuza 0, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Bayonetta, Vanquish, Valkyria Chronicles 4 , Catherine and is without doubt the most active japanese publisher on PC. You also want a blow job by Scarlet Joh***n on top of that ? :)

Keep cool, man. Virtua Fighter 2 come back on PC in May with Yakuza Kiwami 2. If that's not enough you'll probably have the 6th with Virtua Fighter 5 next year.

"Don't worry, be happy".

Jesus the Dragon Engine in 4K, 60 FPS without the tearing and alliasing from PS4 Y6. That's pure dope!
My 2019 crystal ball was not that bad.
We won't have VF5 via Yakuza 6 but Yakuza 7.

@OP
Don't worry, your Yakuza news are perfectly relevant in this thread.:messenger_beaming:

Kazza

My 2019 crystal ball was not that bad.
We won't have VF5 via Yakuza 6 but Yakuza 7.

@OP
Don't worry, your Yakuza news are perfectly relevant in this thread.:messenger_beaming:

How about getting your crystal ball out again and predict the PC releases for 2020 :messenger_beaming:. Mine predicts the following:

Yakuza 3-5
Panzer Dragoon Remake
Persona 5

Can't think of much else right now. Sonic Colours would be good choice (seeing as there won't be any new Sonic until next year), but I don't hold any high hopes.

Fat Frog

How about getting your crystal ball out again and predict the PC releases for 2020 :messenger_beaming:. Mine predicts the following:

Yakuza 3-5
Panzer Dragoon Remake
Persona 5

Can't think of much else right now. Sonic Colours would be good choice (seeing as there won't be any new Sonic until next year), but I don't hold any high hopes.
My Magic balls announce for 2020 the Saturn mini !

Sega Forever didn't release anything for months but are currently asking fans on social networks their favorite 25 games. Not their favorite one, nor their top 3 but their top 25... And each day Sega Forever posts art works of a Sega Saturn game like a countdown. 4 games had been revealed for now: Fighting Vipers, Burning Rangers, Virtua Cop, Sega Rally...and the Saturn is pretty much everywhere on the last Sega Shiro ads.

(0:21 /0:23)

Bonus of the Saturn mini ? Shining Force III episode 2 and 3 translated.

Last edited:

Kazza

Sega Forever didn't release anything for months but are currently asking fans on social networks their favorite 25 games. Not their favorite one, nor their top 3 but their top 25... And each day Sega Forever posts art works of a Sega Saturn game like a countdown. 4 games had been revealed for now: Fighting Vipers, Burning Rangers, Virtua Cop, Sega Rally...and the Saturn is pretty much everywhere on the last Sega Shiro ads.

This is the PC port thread, frog, I was asking about PC ports. Keep that stuff to the Sega Community thread :messenger_beaming: . But since you brought it up, they definitely seem to be giving a disproportionate amount of attention to the Saturn recently, so I think that something has to be brewing.

Fat Frog

This is the PC port thread, frog, I was asking about PC ports. Keep that stuff to the Sega Community thread :messenger_beaming: . But since you brought it up, they definitely seem to be giving a disproportionate amount of attention to the Saturn recently, so I think that something has to be brewing.
The Saturn Mini is a PC :bad faith: Ho ho ho.

I want to see a port of Dragon's Crown on pc.

And while we're at it Sega should buy Treasure and port Radiant Silvergun to pc, since Treasure is essential dead and wont port it themselves.

Kazza

I want to see a port of Dragon's Crown on pc.

And while we're at it Sega should buy Treasure and port Radiant Silvergun to pc, since Treasure is essential dead and wont port it themselves.

Good choice, and the rest of the Vanillaware games too (Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Odin's Sphere etc). With Treasure, Guardian Heroes and the Sin and Punishment games would be nice ports too.

ACESHIGH

Banned
The cool thing is that Vanillaware games are pretty easy to emulate and look great on PC. I can run Dragon's Crown and Odin Sphere remaster on my lowly FX6300 on RPCS3. But yeah, PC versions would be the real deal.

Kazza

Bump for what appears to be the final game we requested:

http://segabits.com/blog/2020/09/25/tgs-2020-sega-announces-virtua-fighter-x-esports/

The trailer to VF5 is shown at the ending of this, my guess is we're looking at some updated F2P re-release of VF5. Even if it's a new game though and it's esports centric I'd say we have a pretty decent chance of a PC port.

Even if that turns out to be a different game entirely, 5 will be coming via Yakuza: Like a Dragon on November 13th, so the prophesy will be fulfilled.

Fat Frog

Bump for what appears to be the final game we requested:
"Final" games !?! How dare you ?

Where are my Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Otogi, Daytona 2, Dragon's Crown, Anarchy Reign, After Burner Climax, Soul Reverse, Border Break, House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn??? :messenger_face_screaming:

Last edited:

Kazza

Speaking of Vannilaware

Still wish we'd get proper PC ports of their games, especially 13 Sentinels.

Amazing! I still have my Wii copy, but playing this way looks so much better. It's a shame they can't include the Vita DLC somehow.

"Final" games !?! How dare you ?

Where are my Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Otogi, Daytona 2, Dragon's Crown, Anarchy Reign, After Burner Climax, Soul Reverse, Border Break, House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn??? :messenger_face_screaming:

Time to start a new petition! The fight goes on.

Last edited:

Amazing. Like all Japanese commercials.

Fbh

I want that samurai old feudal japan Yakuza game. I fucking need it.

I had a slight hope that Ghost of Tsushima being a big hit would somehow convince Sega executives that the west really likes the whole Samurai - Historical Japan stuff, and that a Yakuza Kenzan/Ishin port would appeal not only to Yakuza fans but possibly a whole new audience.

But nope :(

Fat Frog

I had a slight hope that Ghost of Tsushima being a big hit would somehow convince Sega executives that the west really likes the whole Samurai - Historical Japan stuff, and that a Yakuza Kenzan/Ishin port would appeal not only to Yakuza fans but possibly a whole new audience.

But nope :(
The success of Tsushima is known since August...

Do you really think Sega West will announce "like this" a Kenzan Port ?
They pushed Yakuza, Persona projects on PC for years before the actual release.

Don't sorry the Yakuza franchise is a hit on Steam, sooner or later, the Kenzan/Ishin question will be a thing.
There was Kenzan Kiwami rumors lately, maybe after Tsushima Nagoshi wanted a bigger project after all.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Fbh

Fat Frog

There was Kenzan Kiwami rumors lately, maybe after Tsushima Nagoshi wanted a bigger project after all.

Kazza Kazza
Once again, the FAT MOTHER FUCKER was right ho ho ho. :)

So guys... ( Fbh Fbh )please stop crying for any little delay. Tons of Yakuza ports are already on the road (Yakuza 3,4,5 just been released), Yakuza 6 is coming in March. Let Sega West breath a little.

A Kenzan port would be a mistake. Cut scenes are ok, in doors are pretty nice but animations and outdoors like woods between villages are fugly :(. (Dragon Engine will allow a bunch of atmospheric effects and elements like proper grass (not flat textures), volumetric fog or nice particules.

Ishin is already quiet decent for a simple port though. (but i think they'll use 80% of similar assets between Kenzan Kiwami and Ishin Kiwami so they won't lose so much time in the process).

(the first rumour was in 2019)

I think Judgment will be released on Steam at the end of 2021 (after the Stadia deal) and possibly march 2022 for Kenzan Kiwami.
It could be december 2021 as Yakuza games often come in december/january/February and sometimes in March. With all the other Yakuza/Judgment ports, it will be a little crowded and i think RGG Studio would want to prove they can do beautiful Samourai games as well. (let's be honest... Cut scenes aside, Kenzan is ridiculous. Ok it's an old game but the RGG studio was also struggling with the PS3 hardware. With the PS4/5 they'll obtain beautiful renders quite easily. After 2 years of development with the help of a bigger staff, i think they'll deliver a quite surprising production)

Last edited:

TaroYamada

I'd be interested in seeing the Kenzan/Ishin titles get remasters/re-releases. That's great news. A lot has changed since this campaign kicked off -- huge improvement, so little content we're missing now.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I'd be interested in seeing the Kenzan/Ishin titles get remasters/re-releases. That's great news. A lot has changed since this campaign kicked off -- huge improvement, missing so little content we're missing now.
My only complain about the future remakes of Kenzan/Ishin: No game centers !!! ;)

As for Sega, they even start releasing Atlus games... Not bad at all. 😎

Fat Frog

@ Virtua Fighter fans

If you only want to play Virtua Fighter 5, don't buy Yakuza Like a Dragon. (60 bucks)

Months ago, it was the only way to play VF5FS on PC but now you have Yakuza 6 for 20 bucks (VF5 is also included in the game centers).

Yakuza LAD (RPG) + VF5 = 60 dollars
Yakuza 6 (brawler) + VF5 = 20 dollars

I'm warning you since a friend of mine was about to buy LAD just for VF5. He finally bought Y6 and love visiting Hiroshima too.

Last edited:

YCoCg

@ Virtua Fighter fans

If you only want to play Virtua Fighter 5, don't buy Yakuza Like a Dragon. (60 bucks)

Months ago, it was the only way to play VF5FS on PC but now you have Yakuza 6 for 20 bucks (VF5 is also included in the game centers).

Yakuza LAD (RPG) + VF5 = 60 dollars
Yakuza 6 (brawler) + VF5 = 20 dollars

I'm warning you since a friend of mine was about to buy LAD just for VF5. He finally bought Y6 and love visiting Hiroshima too.
And more importantly this well known patcher has hinted...

If it weren't for the soundtrack liscensing nightmare it's been forever, I'd kill for a JSRF port so I could play it in 3440x1440 on my PC, but alas, it'll never happen. :(

Fat Frog

Like i said, dudes, stop crying for no reasons.

As expected, Sega announced Ishin related stuffs and moooooore:

Also coming with Judgment:
Fighting Vipers
Moto Raid
Sonic the Fighter
(The Kiryu spin off will also probably have new arcade games)

We want more but it's hard to say Sega abandoned PC players... 🥳

PS: Not Sega published but it's worth noting House of the Dead Remake has been released (better than the Switch version) and that Panzer Dragoon Zwei Remake will come as well.I also forgot Yakuza 8 in 2024 (with maybe new arcade games)

Last edited:

RedPyramidHead

Gold Member
bZj3YQl.jpg

Kazza

Since this thread is open again, let's guess at the next Sega port. I would go for Bayonetta 2 (if you still consider that a Sega game). I would like to see Fist of the North Star, but the licencing might make it problematic (despite Yakuza-style games being popular on the platform)

Top Bottom