• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Rally fans PREPARE FOR HOT GREASY BABOON SEX ON A TERIYAKI STICK! SR1 w/ SR3!!!!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Great news!!!!

The PS2 JPN version of Sega Rally 2006 has a bonus Model 2 conversion of the original Sega Rally included in the first batch!

PLUS DFP WHEEL SUPPORT!!!!

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/661/661551p1.html

http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

The fact that Sega has recently included perfect Rally1 Model 2 with SegaRally2006 suggests that Sega still knows its great arcade heritage, which we all hope will be continued in the near future!!!!!!

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Yeah, I did not need that disturbing image in my head.

Kudos to Sega for trying to do some good for their fans though.

Also, here's something I never got: I keep seeing people complaining about the DC version of Sega Rally 2, but I was under the impression that it was pretty well-done. What am I missing here?

Polari

Oh yes. This will be mine.

By the way, how exactly would hot and greasy baboon sex on a teriyaki stick work, isamu?

Shinobi

........Jesus Christ isamu, I can't even post in threads like these anymore without feeling ashamed. Quit sounding like a fucking 12 year old.

Anyway, the arcade version of SR1 is a nice (though expected) bonus. The question is what's the main game gonna be like, and will SOA release it over here (I would hope so, but I'm not counting on it until I see it's confirmed).

There's also news of a Sega Rally version of the Logitech wheel, which I gotta admit as a Sega Rally fan would be a nice keepsake. It'd be pretty bad ass if a handbrake stick was connected to it.

Shinobi

briefcasemanx said:
that looks better

:lol

DCharlie said:
PUT SEGA RALLY 1 + 2 ON THE PSP YOU BASTARDS

I agree with this. PSP should be the home of most if not all of Sega's Model 2 and 3 games. It's the only thing that would make me buy a PSP tomorrow.

Sega Rally 2 was pretty well done on the Dreamcast, but it didn't quite match the glory of the arcade version. The steering didn't have the same weight, the car models weren't nearly as detailed, and everybody knows about the framerate problems. On the plus side I always felt the lighting was better, and the road and background textures (which has always been a strength in the series) were pretty strong. And the extra tracks rocked, particularly the SS3's. Still, an arcade level version of SR2 to play at home would be most welcomed.

For the record, the PC version of Sega Rally 2 improved on the DC version with a consistent 60fps and weightier steering. I wound up playing that version almost exclusively after snagging it for a tenner.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Shinobi said:
I agree with this. PSP should be the home of most if not all of Sega's Model 2 and 3 games. It's the only thing that would make me buy a PSP tomorrow.

Sega Rally 2 was pretty well done on the Dreamcast, but it didn't quite match the glory of the arcade version. The steering didn't have the same weight, the car models weren't nearly as detailed, and everybody knows about the framerate problems. On the plus side I always felt the lighting was better, and the road and background textures (which has always been a strength in the series) were pretty strong. And the extra tracks rocked, particularly the SS3's. Still, an arcade level version of SR2 to play at home would be most welcomed.

I'm sorry I gotta disagree with you here. I would much rather see M2 games ported to the X360 and take advantage of the ability to, you know, play them on a large hi-def screen, play them with a steering wheel and pedals, and of course on Xbox Live. The psp could never deliver that kind of experience so X360 is where those game belong.

For the record, the PC version of Sega Rally 2 improved on the DC version with a consistent 60fps and weightier steering. I wound up playing that version almost exclusively after snagging it for a tenner.

Oh shit there's a PC version??? Link please! I need to hunt this down ASAP! Is it pretty much arcade perfect?

Amir0x

Banned
isamu said:
I'm sorry I gotta disagree with you here. I would much rather see M2 games ported to the X360 and take advantage of the ability to, you know, play them on a large hi-def screen, play them with a steering wheel and pedals, and of course on Xbox Live. The psp could never deliver that kind of experience so X360 is where those game belong.

I'll say it now: You're not a true Sega Rally/Ridge/F-Zero GX/etc fan unless you want to be able to take these amazing experiences on the go in your hand.

Yeah, that's right. Turned the tables, fake fan isamu. You're downgraded to trainer status.

Shinobi

isamu said:

I really don't give a shit that you disagree...frankly that makes me feel better. :lol Anyway, we've been over this before...straight ports of old 3D arcade games make the most sense on PSP where they've got a chance to stand out, as opposed to the new machines where they'll get lost in the technology shuffle where they'd need a total reprogramming effort just to get them up to minimal spec. Though if they make 'em for the newer machines as well, then great. But PSP is a far better fit, and anyone with a working brain knows this.

As for Sega Rally 2 PC, just Google it...the game came out years ago and it won't be easy to find.

Amir0x said:
I'll say it now: You're not a true Sega Rally/Ridge/F-Zero GX/etc fan unless you want to be able to take these amazing experiences on the go in your hand.

Yeah, that's right. Turned the tables, fake fan isamu. You're downgraded to trainer status.

Udde

Awesome. I'm sorry, but DFP is what a pixel perfect (please be true) port of Sega Rally really needs. And if it has LAN support, ala GT4, it would be perfect for the multiplayer experience.

PS: I know, the last point is impossible :(
PS2: I hope sega fixes the popping in Sega Rally 2006, it looked terrible in the TGS videos...

portable or not, Sega Rally is good no matter how you slice it.

having said that, portable Sega Rally would be damn sweet. more importantly, it's nice to know that we should be getting a perfect port finally.

now just don't fuck with that dramatic soundtrack, and we're good to go. Sega Rally 3 is officially the icing on the cake as far as im concerned.

ziran

isamu said:
The PS2 JPN version of Sega Rally 2006 has a bonus Model 2 conversion of the original Sega Rally included in the first batch!
this is great news!

sega rally is my all time fave arcade racer, i loved it on the saturn. to have it as a bonus is excellent :)

also sega rally 2006 looks great, can't wait.

ram

after playing the pc version of sega rally 2 first, the dc windows me port was like a pain in the ass. i was really shocked, when i saw the underwhelming framerate.

I gotta say, I like this guy's enthusiasam.

And anybody who has an appreciation for the finer works of Sega has got to be on the right track in some areas.

p.s. I wish they would bring back Daytona.

eso76

damn, i read this wrong.
I thought SR2 was included, and i was curious to see how ps2 would handle a model 3 conversion.
Oh well. Dreamcast SR2 wasn't bad imho. It looked and felt very different from the original but it wasn't bad at all, and had a few impressive tracks

So isamu, how are you going to react when the port is botched? Because we all know its going to be less than perfect somehow (unless Sega has improved upon their Model 2 emulator).

callous

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT.

Seriously, though, I almost can't. This is one of my top 3 games ever and it will be mine regardless of whether SR3 is good or not.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
KyotoMecca said:
GREAT! HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE AS SHITTY A CONVERSION AS ALL OF SEGA'S OTHER MODEL2-PS2 CONVERSIONS!

Wow.

Now that we have all the hate out of the way, why don't you tell me about all of these shitty Playstation 2 ports of Model 2 games that have been released on the US PS2. I believe that Super Monkey Ball is based on Model 2 hardware, and that runs fine on the Playstation 2. Sega Bass Fishing 2 looks almost identical to the Dreamcast version. Granted, it shows its age graphically, and there's no fishing controller, but the gameplay mechanics were adapted well, and the music/sound effects are spot on. Crazy Taxi also had a good port. We won't even talk about Virtua Fighter Evo, which is based on much more recent hardware, and looks excellent on PS2.

/offtopic.

I'm interested. I'd REALLY be excited if Sega compiled an arcade racer pack, with the sega rally, daytona, and manx tt games. However, I know that's not gonna happen... :(

mr jones said:
Wow.

Now that we have all the hate out of the way, why don't you tell me about all of these shitty Playstation 2 ports of Model 2 games that have been released on the US PS2. I believe that Super Monkey Ball is based on Model 2 hardware, and that runs fine on the Playstation 2. Sega Bass Fishing 2 looks almost identical to the Dreamcast version. Granted, it shows its age graphically, and there's no fishing controller, but the gameplay mechanics were adapted well, and the music/sound effects are spot on. Crazy Taxi also had a good port. We won't even talk about Virtua Fighter Evo, which is based on much more recent hardware, and looks excellent on PS2.

/offtopic.

I'm interested. I'd REALLY be excited if Sega compiled an arcade racer pack, with the sega rally, daytona, and manx tt games. However, I know that's not gonna happen... :(

ahhh...Super Monkey ball is not Model 2, it based on on the Naomi board which is a Dreamcast with more ram. Crazy Tazi was also based on the Naomi board. The Sega Bass Fishing on the PS2 is not based on the arcade baord wihich was also Naomi.
Modle 2 is the arcade Board form the 90's that ran virtua fighters 2, Daytona, Sega rally, fighting Vipers and many more. In Japan Sega has emulated the Model 2 board. They have brought out Virtua fighters 2 and fighting Vipers. They also did Sonic the fighters for the Sonic Gem collection, this was on ps2 in every regeion except usa which released it exclusivley for Gamecube. Now, it looks like Sega releasing Sega Rally on ps2. Some people are not happy but I wil take any verison that is closer to the arcade then the old Satrun verison.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
FortNinety said:
So isamu, how are you going to react when the port is botched? Because we all know its going to be less than perfect somehow (unless Sega has improved upon their Model 2 emulator).

Like this:

OMFG!!!!!!! I FUCKING AHTE YOU SEGA!!!!! YOU KILLED MY DREAMCAST AND YOU BTOCHED MY SEGAREALLY2! WTF!?!?!?!?!? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME SGEA?!!??! I AM CARRYING YORU LOVE CHILD}!!!"KS:LK"{LSO!}"W"KJLKJ@LJ!JIOJP!OIOJS!?!?!??!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

isamu

ram said:
yes and its way better than the dc game.

does the pc version support force feedback?

isamu

Shinobi said:
I really don't give a shit that you disagree...frankly that makes me feel better.

Somebody's having a shitty day I see.

Take a chill pill homie, it aint that deep.

jett

D-Member
Pretty weird that the game is coming out in a couple of months and yet we haven't seen a single pic from it.

_Angelus_

Banned
The last time I saw video of Sega Rally '05 it looked good enough. Pop up aside I'll take the game right now. The addition of the original game is just a bonus,god I spent many afternoons trying to better my play times its ridiculous. The track generator for the main game is still intact,right? The games could be Saturn like in visuals-I don't give a shit. As long as the games' control and play are that of the Saturn's then thats more than enough for me. The track generator is the big thing for me anyways.

isamu

Red Scarlet said:
Awesome, 2 more rally games to beat Shinobi at for the price of 1! :lol

:lol :lol

Shinobi

isamu said:
Somebody's having a shitty day I see.

Take a chill pill homie, it aint that deep.

Oh...so you've got some backbone after all eh? That's good to know. BTW, don't post captialized gibberish as a thread title then turn around and tell me to take a chill pill...that's just comical.

Udde

103_45065_gt0002.jpg

103_45065_gt0001.jpg

103_45065_gt0003.jpg

103_45065_gt0004.jpg

Famitsu [T!]

sexy

xexex

Banned
hopefully the Playstation2 version of the original Sega Rally is at least a 90-95% conversion/port. going by the PS2 version of VF2. I doubt it'll be 100% identical
"arcade perfect" <--- there is, for the most part, no such thing as arcade perfect .......

I really want Daytona USA (with no fucking improvements ala DC's Daytona USA 2001) ported to a more capable system such as Xbox, Xbox360 or PS3....

I gave up on the sega rally games after sega rally 1. Part II is just so damn hard to beat, its kinda like impossible to get pass that hard ass snow level in year 2. I hate sega racers, not all of them, but most of them.

FightyF

Banned
U.2.K. Tha Greate$t said:
I gave up on the sega rally games after sega rally 1. Part II is just so damn hard to beat, its kinda like impossible to get pass that hard ass snow level in year 2. I hate sega racers, not all of them, but most of them.

Change the tires dude.

Heheh. Maybe you have, I dunno.

I guess I'll pick this game up for SR1, with FF support.

Why not redo the graphics though? I loved the original SR track in SR2 on the DC.

isamu

Fight for Freeform said:
Why not redo the graphics though?

they did. it's called sega rally 3 :D

Shinobi

Funny, that snow stage is probably the easiest in the game for me...it just suits my aggressive style of driving. When I'm in the zone on that course, it's just gaming nirvana.

Powersliding is really key in that level.

Shift down gears when stuck in those pits.

Top Bottom