• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Rally fans PREPARE FOR HOT GREASY BABOON SEX ON A TERIYAKI STICK! SR1 w/ SR3!!!!

xexex

Banned
the 10-year-old Sega Rally Championship arcade on the 'workhorse' Model 2 board.

1Rally1.jpg

1Rally2.jpg

1Rally3.jpg

1Rally4.jpg

I expect the PS2 version to look almost the same, except more washed out and with shittier textures like PS2's ver of VF2.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
beermonkey@tehbias said:

WHAT????? WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS???? LINK PRETTY PLEASE WITH CHERRIES ON TOP!!!!!!!!!!!

Soreda

xexex said:
the 10-year-old Sega Rally Championship arcade on the 'workhorse' Model 2 board.

1Rally1.jpg

1Rally2.jpg

1Rally3.jpg

1Rally4.jpg

I expect the PS2 version to look almost the same, except more washed out and with shittier textures like PS2's ver of VF2.

Have you played PS2's ver of Fighting Vipers?. It's better. It seems they improved the Model 2 emulator to make it fit better on PS2. I dont know what are they doing with Sega Rally nevertheless.

Btw, to see how Sega Rally on model 2 really look like, maybe going to Marubaku.com and downloading some videos it's better. At least for not having to make direct comparisons between flyer scans and real screen shots, and then having to talk about colors, saturation, contrast and all those things. That goes for Model 3 games too.

WHAT????? WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS???? LINK PRETTY PLEASE WITH CHERRIES ON TOP!!!!!!!!!!!

I was asking, not saying. Since PS2 games can support the NeGcon, it sure would be nice if some kind developers would give it some love.

Red Scarlet

xexex said:

1Rally1.jpg

1Rally2.jpg

1Rally3.jpg

1Rally4.jpg

Wow, I am so buying Shinobi that if I become rich and stuff.
Then beat him at it 1 on 1.

U.2.K. Tha Greate$t said:
I gave up on the sega rally games after sega rally 1. Part II is just so damn hard to beat, its kinda like impossible to get pass that hard ass snow level in year 2. I hate sega racers, not all of them, but most of them.

I got the game on a Friday, and had not only year 10 beaten by Sunday, but I beat Shinobi on the rally2 board, j00 sux!

Shinobi

Red Scarlet said:
Wow, I am so buying Shinobi that if I become rich and stuff.
Then beat him at it 1 on 1.

That would be the coolest gift ever.

Of course you forget to mention that I dusted your time off within ten minutes of me seeing it...but hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your temporary triumph, heh.

Red Scarlet

Oh oops I thought that was Rally2, not 1..oh well doesn't much matter.

Even if temporary, a triumph is still a triumph, and in this game's case I'll savor those 10 minutes for all eternity (as it shows). :lol

Shinobi

Red Scarlet said:
Oh oops I thought that was Rally2, not 1..oh well doesn't much matter.

Even if temporary, a triumph is still a triumph, and in this game's case I'll savor those 10 minutes for all eternity (as it shows). :lol

:lol

Since we're on a slight nolstagia kick, here are the Sega Rally 2 flyers and cabinets...

16190801.jpg

16190802.jpg

16190803.jpg

16190804.jpg

16223401.jpg

segarally2_twin.jpg

segarally2_deluxe.jpg

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
So what's the deal? Is the game out yet or WHAT? Impressions? Reviews? Sho Nuff?

isamu

Man, I dunno what it is, but I'm jonesing for some SR action, particularly because of DFP support. Can you imagine what it's gonna be like playing a pixel perfect port of SR with the Driving Force Pro?

Shinobi I know you are a huge Sega Rally fan, so tell me....will you be picking up the game and the Driving Force Pro FF wheel?

Do you guys suspect that SR 2006 will capture that magic feeling of vehicle control that the original had?

Do you speculate that SR 2006 will surpass the Rally modes of Gran Turismo 4? Oh man, I just need me some rally action with an FF wheel. How can any of you clowns go back to a silly D-pad after an FF wheel LOL.

Fucking Micro$oft and their shitty Xbox 360, not having an FF wheel and shit. Makes my blood boil!

Shinobi

I'm not going to buy the wheel...too much of an expense. Unless I see it locally for a reasonable price, then maybe I'll pick it up. I defintely plan to buy the game, but I'll wait to see what it's like first before doing so.

Shinobi

Heh, probably as cheap as I'll ever see it. I'll probably pass though, got too many other games to buy first (sadly I consider the wheel a luxury item at this stage).

isamu

Can't wait 'til they start reviewing the game :)

Aren't reviews supposed to be popping up soon Tetsuo?

isamu

do you guys speculate the arcade port of the original SR will have high res textures and retain the 60fps?

Udde

From the videos I have seen, I expect SR2006 to be:

8/7/7/8 at Famitsu
7.8 at GS
8.0 at IGN

From the videos, I think it's a bit too arcade, too fast, too responsive. Don't know, I feel something's wrong about the game. I hope I'm wrong, though. And, in the last video released, terrible pop up was still there U_U It ruins the experience IMO.

SR should be 60fps (SR2006 is) but I think the res and textures will be worse than the arcade ones. If not, maybe the bonus game could be globally better than the main one :)

Sho Nuff

Banned
isamu said:
do you guys speculate the arcade port of the original SR will have high res textures and retain the 60fps?

I heard it is running in a window at 45fps

edit: and it comes with a free nun who will help you play

isamu

Sho Nuff said:
I heard it is running in a window at 45fps

edit: and it comes with a free nun who will help you play

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom