• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA registers Shenmue HD domain

joms5

The best part about this is if it's a good remaster, copies of the original games on ebay will plummet.

The price of these games are outrageous.

Sega Europe has also registered the domain Shenmueremastered.com

https://twitter.com/Shenmue_Dojo/status/817239888005332993

GVFbI3L.gif

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Sega of Europe is PC central, so you gotta think this will come to the PC if nothing else. If it's planned for PC, PS4 and Switch, maybe the game's announcement was delayed until the Switch's presentation, which is why we haven't heard anything from Sega on the PC port front in a long time ... they've been waiting for Nintendo to give the green light.

Sega supports basically every platform, so not really. I expect to see this for Switch/ONE/PS4.

Yeah, Sega sure has released a lot of Sonic, Hatsune Miku and Yakuza games on the Xbox One.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Announcement has to be soon given they need to drum up hype for Shenmue 3 AND have 2 come out within 3's development time to have everyone good and ready for 3.

Mifec

Hope it doesn't take up the spot of infinitely better games like Vanquish and Bayo that need to get released by Sega Europe, it can take VF's spot though :^)

Will buy day1 on Steam

Wheatly

I'm so hype

Though I'm pretty sure that this would be a graphic upgrade at most - I don't think people new to the series can handle the controls and pace of the game

wildfire

Banned
When SHenmue 3 was announced I thought they never would make an HD remake of the 1st. It looks like I'll get my chance to see what the game played like back then but I missed at the time. I hope if they add anything new it's obvious because I want to form my impression on what people were hyping as phenomenal in its time period.

I literally only backed Shenmue 3 because of Huber's and the rest of the Easy Allies (Gametrailers at that time) crews reactions to it. That brought me so much happiness seeing just pure joy and it's for a game I'd never played before. Real happy for them and the rest of the diehards. I'd probably give this a try because, why not, I've ordered Shenmue 3.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Hm, are Sega finally getting off their asses and making remasters so the third game won't be left high an dry?

I only expect a 1080p non bugged version of both games, nothing more, its likely a super super low budget affair

Top Bottom