• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senate health-care draft repeals Obamacare taxes, bigger subsidies for low-income

Has anyone done any analysis yet on how much more fucked we are?

What is the senate proposing for cost sharing subsidies

Cost sharing subsidies are repealed in full after Dec 31, 2019.

From the draft:

SEC. 208. REPEAL OF COST-SHARING SUBSIDY PROGRAM.

(a) IN GENERAL.—Section 1402 of the Patient Pro-

15 tection and Affordable Care Act is repealed.

(b) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The repeal made by sub-

17 section (a) shall apply to cost-sharing reductions (and pay18 ments to issuers for such reductions) for plan years begin19 ning after December 31, 2019.

kirblar

Should there be a new thread for the actual bill getting posted? Cause I don't think people are going to realize that happened otherwise.

Oni Jazar

@chucktodd
Per solid source: at least 3 GOP sens (perhaps more) plan to announce public opposition to McConnell health bill later today. Developing

https://twitter.com/chucktodd/status/877913883926609920

Constituents in Alaska, West Virginia, Maine, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, & Arkansas need to call their senators. If you live there you need to call every single day. If you don't bug your friends who do to call. Use the link below and find the daily script to use:

https://www.trumpcareten.org/daily

cameron

From WSJ:
zzMBjhB.png

UyCG8Oi.png

http://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/senate-republicans-unveil-obamacare-repeal-bill?mod=e2tw

pxhDk2R.png

mcfrank

The next trump interviewer better show that tweet about medicaid cuts to him and then ask him if he is vetoing this bill and if not why is he breaking his promise.

studyguy

Don't listen to meaningless posturing by GOP senators announcing opposition right now.
The final vote is all that matters. If it comes to a vote, it passes, that's it. If it's delayed then it means it's dead for now.

Literally everything else is smoke and "concerns."

And fucking call your reps, we literally have days to take this on.

SeanC

Better hurry, poors, only a few years to something something bootstraps and completely change your life to make money so you don't die.

Beartruck

@chucktodd
Per solid source: at least 3 GOP sens (perhaps more) plan to announce public opposition to McConnell health bill later today. Developing

Constituents in Alaska, West Virginia, Maine, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, & Arkansas need to call their senators. If you live there you need to call every single day. If you don't bug your friends who do to call. Use the link below and find the daily script to use:

https://www.trumpcareten.org/daily
3 is exactly the number of GOP senators opposing needed to kill the bill. Lets hope its not all empty talk.

DOWN

Banned
They picked 2020 so that if this passes, they are all safe in the next elections because their constituents won't notice what's being done to them until the rug is pulled out from under them after they've already voted

TS-08

Oh I'm sure they are opposed to it, the question is when it hits the road are the going to actually vote no.

Basically is this like McCain saying he is visibly shaken and distraught.

Not saying I necessarily think they will ultimately vote no, just confirming that three is the magic number, and I see that it is.

One of those three is Rand Paul, who is opposed to this bill on principle of it not being a straight repeal. Also his state would be destroyed under this bill, so there may be an element to that there.

He's not likely to change to No, either. He's been No through this entire process.

br3wnor

One of those three is Rand Paul, who is opposed to this bill on principle of it not being a straight repeal. Also his state would be destroyed under this bill, so there may be an element to that there.

He's not likely to change to No, either. He's been No through this entire process.

My guess is him and maybe Lee are the 2 no votes. The moderates WILL cave on the day of vote, the fact that it was coming out that 7 year Medicaid phase out was a 'win' for them in the bill drafting says it all. They will put lipstick on a pig and vote yes, knowing the bill won't start to decimate their constituents until the 2020's when the blame nucleus won't come back to bite them.

This thing is going through, all the posturing by moderates from now until the vote is just political cover.

What COULD be interesting is if the House FC rejects this bill, but at the end of the day I don't see them having the spine to do that given how close they'll be to those sweet, sweet tax cuts. Remember, tax reform doesn't happen unless you have the AHCA tax cuts in place. That's saddest part about this whole thing, it's literally a tax cut for wealthy people in order to get an even bigger tax cut for wealthy people in the tax reform bill.

I just wish this bill was only destroying Trump voters, it's a shame it drags down people who voted against this shit.

My guess is him and maybe Lee are the 2 no votes. The moderates WILL cave on the day of vote, the fact that it was coming out that 7 year Medicaid phase out was a 'win' for them in the bill drafting says it all. They will put lipstick on a pig and vote yes, knowing the bill won't start to decimate their constituents until the 2020's when the blame nucleus won't come back to bite them.

This thing is going through, all the posturing by moderates from now until the vote is just political cover.

What COULD be interesting is if the House FC rejects this bill, but at the end of the day I don't see them having the spine to do that given how close they'll be to those sweet, sweet tax cuts. Remember, tax reform doesn't happen unless you have the AHCA tax cuts in place. That's saddest part about this whole thing, it's literally a tax cut for wealthy people in order to get an even bigger tax cut for wealthy people in the tax reform bill.

The House FC are literally the only Republicans with a spine. They'd blow this thing up with no problem if they don't like it.

Heh. The "safe for 2018" healthcare overhaul.

Pretty sure this directly violates the president's campaign promise. It's going to hurt people, and I don't see any way around that. The message needs to get out.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Those three Republicans will come out in opposition today, but get token amendments to vote yes. Millions of people are going to lose health care coverage, but at least we get those sweet tax cuts for corporations and the ultra wealthy. Making America great again.

Those three Republicans will come out in opposition today, but get token amendments to vote yes. Millions of people are going to lose health care coverage, but at least we get those sweet tax cuts for corporations and the ultra wealthy. Making America great again.

Its double tax cuts for people who won't even fucking notice the increase at the end of the day.

Like wow, Millionaries are totally cool with watching people die terrible deaths at a few extra thousand dollars a year to add to their piles.

RPGCrazied

Shit, they straight body lifted people out. Saw them picking people up by their arms and legs and carrying them out.

this is fucking sickening. fucking bunch of jackbooted thugs.

I saw this. It was horrendous watching them take people out by hands and feet. I thought this was a public domain? If it wasn't for the people of this country you wouldn't be in this building to being with.

KingV

The amendment process is limited in reconciliation. Any thing that costs money has to be fully offset. Which will make this difficult to do.

Top Bottom