• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senator Lynn Beyak Removed From Aboriginals Committee

Status
Not open for further replies.

CazTGG

Senator Lynn Beyak has been removed from the Senate's Aboriginal peoples committee, interim Conservative Leader Rona Ambrose told CBC News in an interview Wednesday.

Ambrose said she made the decision jointly with the newly minted leader of the Conservative caucus in the Senate, Larry Smith.

"I have been very clear that I do not in any way support Senator Beyak's comments about residential schools. There is no way to explain her comments," Ambrose said. "She has been removed from the Aboriginal affairs committee in the Senate and I think that's the right thing to do. I don't think her comments send the right message."

Ambrose said the decision was made Wednesday.

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/lynn-beyak-aboriginal-peoples-committee-1.4057587

Ignorantly defend one of Canada's greatest atrocities if old.

Shit that would never happen in American Congress.

The removal from committee, that is. The ignorant comments would have gotten her a promotion.

CazTGG

Shit that would never happen in American Congress.

The removal from committee, that is. The ignorant comments would have gotten her a promotion.

It's not much considering she's still a part of the Canadian senate. There's been talks of removing her and, more prominently, Don Meredith after revelations came out that he had sexual relations with a minor but nothing has come out of it thus far for Lynn.

Good first step and hopefully more to come.

Sanity needs to start coming back to this nonsense, lest we try to imitate our Back of the truck meth lab explosion neighbours.

Ditto for Don. Jeez.

CazTGG

Good first step and hopefully more to come.

Sanity needs to start coming back to this nonsense, lest we try to imitate our Back of the truck meth lab explosion neighbours.

Ditto for Don. Jeez.

By any chance, have been following the CPC leadership election?

Savitar

If they can get rid of this person entirely even better, this person has no place in any aspect of government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom