• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd argue Bon Appetit was sort of aiming for that as well, but at least there was some silly humor in Hanzo's over the top reactions to eating/judging the food.

But yeah, if this is forgetting to include some decent gameplay (& story), that really sucks. It's the reason why I'm okay with playing SK games, but don't feel as though DoA Xtreme is worth getting because what's the point of "playing" it when the only reason to "play" said game will already be on YouTube?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Estival Versus and all the DLC are now up on Steam.

---

Tried some more of Peach Beach Splash last night. Didn't get a chance to do more multiplayer, but played through the Hebijo story. The last boss was a giant naked Ryouna covered in soap. You have to shoot the soap off to win. She just sort of stood there, making lewd poses, doing nothing else, until it was over. Uh...yay? I wonder if cranking the difficulty up will help. :|

A big part of my dislike for the game the first time I tried it was definitely due to some of the weapons I was using. I tried the assault rifle this time around and found it MUCH better to use than the other, slower guns. Didn't have to reload quite as much and reloading was also faster. I stuck with this gun and kept leveling it up when able.

But the game still feels too easy and "shallow," and it still feels like it's kind of playing itself when you play with AI teammates. I'm sure playing with others online is the way to go, but that connection quality and framerate online was just...ugh.

MetalDeer

I'd probably wait until PBS was cheap if I ever get it. (if it's ever actually localized) Not really feeling what I saw of the gameplay, aside from the dressing room shenanigans and such.

I wanted to see if my PS4 save would work on the Steam release of Estival Versus, until I remembered that I have no PSN access due to wanting to keep Henkaku on my Vita, so I can't get my updated save data.

So much for trying that

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'd probably wait until PBS was cheap if I ever get it. (if it's ever actually localized) Not really feeling what I saw of the gameplay, aside from the dressing room shenanigans and such.

They confirmed that it was getting localized a while ago. Trophies are already in English and the PSN-info stuff comes up in English when I go to it on the home screen on my U.S. account.

But I wouldn't recommend this for full price. It's just sadly not that great. I'm reading that multiplayer balance is also currently broken; there's no point in doing anything but using grenade/rocket launches are jumping around blasting the floor. That would explain why I kept dying without knowing what the hell was going on online, lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heads up, eShop sale happening for a week:

- Senran Kagura Burst: $9.99 (50% off)
- Senran Kagura 2: $19.99 (33% off)

So, Daidouji is once again played by a fucking idiot on this game.

She pops out of fucking nowhere to motivate Ikaruga and Katsuragi to finally graduate and move on, blissfully unaware of the hipocrisy on her statement. And then, she's reduced to a fucking damsel on distress, falling prey to that stupid giant molesting robot (which for all of her power she can't rip apart or free herself) and has to be rescued by the other girls like a chump.

Fuck you Takaki.

Fuck you

MetalDeer

They confirmed that it was getting localized a while ago. Trophies are already in English and the PSN-info stuff comes up in English when I go to it on the home screen on my U.S. account.

But I wouldn't recommend this for full price. It's just sadly not that great. I'm reading that multiplayer balance is also currently broken; there's no point in doing anything but using grenade/rocket launches are jumping around blasting the floor. That would explain why I kept dying without knowing what the hell was going on online, lol.

Yeah, janky third-person shooters is kinda where I draw the line on spin-offs. That and rhythm games. (Looking at you, SK Bon-appetit and Persona 4 DAN)

Heads up, eShop sale happening for a week:

- Senran Kagura Burst: $9.99 (50% off)
- Senran Kagura 2: $19.99 (33% off)

I've been waiting forever for this. Thanks for the heads up! Finally grabbed Burst.
Edit: Man, the 3DS tile for this game is not pretty.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At least P4DAN had some great music to back it up. Bon Appetit just had the most generic soundtrack I've ever heard in a rhythm game, & it didn't even use some of the great music that was from Shinovi Versus.

Fuck you Takaki.

Fuck you
Bloody hell, this annoys me more than it should, considering her damn abs & the fact she's considered the secret "strongest" character in the 3DS games.

Eolz

She pops out of fucking nowhere to motivate Ikaruga and Katsuragi to finally graduate and move on, blissfully unaware of the hipocrisy on her statement. And then, she's reduced to a fucking damsel on distress, falling prey to that stupid giant molesting robot (which for all of her power she can't rip apart or free herself) and has to be rescued by the other girls like a chump.

Fuck you Takaki.

Fuck you

What the hell.
I know some like to joke that the writing isn't important in SK, but come on now.
Still having hopes for the next game due to PBS being more of a spinoff, but seriously, even SV was more serious without going as far as the 3DS games for the story.

What the hell.
I know some like to joke that the writing isn't important in SK, but come on now.
Still having hopes for the next game due to PBS being more of a spinoff, but seriously, even SV was more serious without going as far as the 3DS games for the story.

I don't have high expectations writing-wise for SK7 after PBS rendered EV's main plot pointless and the travesty that is its treatment of Dai and Rin. Oh and we have confirmation that
Kagura and Naraku are the same from SK2...somehow. The game doesn't reallly elaborates beyond saying they come from other world, that Kagura is the child the Mikaguras were looking for and then they fuck off for the rest of the plot.

And mind you PBS does introduces some shake ups to the status quo at the end:
Ikagura and Katsu deciding to graduate, Shiki is being scouted by an international shinobi school, Minori and Hibari wanting to stop being shinobi and opening a sweets shop

But well, given the direction of the series so far, I strongly doubt these will lead anywhere.

And mind you PBS does introduces some shake ups to the status quo at the end:
Ikagura and Katsu deciding to graduate, Shiki is being scouted by an international shinobi school, Minori and Hibari wanting to stop being shinobi and opening a sweets shop

But well, given the direction of the series so far, I strongly doubt these will lead anywhere.

Watch Senran Kagura 7 be set in between Burst and Shinovi Versus, ignoring any of those plotpoints

Eolz

Well, when you look at SK7's teaser, it
certainly seems like it's a lot less light-hearted than EV and PBS

I'd like to be optimist but Takaki has burned me out too many times to give him the benefit of the doubt. And having multiple universes gives them a convenient excuse to have any serious (as in shocking) development separate of the main story.

Demoskinos

What the hell.

Its... not a spinoff. Its been stated that its canon to the storyline and that there will be only one timeline going forward.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Estival Versus sale on PSN, looks like all the DLC, including the Week # mega bundles, the DLC characters/missions, PS4/Vita themes, & costume/accessory sets are 50% off. Even the individual stuff like certain bikinis are half off as well.

Oh, & the Ikki Tousen characters are now available.

Here's a lengthy interview with Takaki

http://www.4gamer.net/games/358/G035899/20170330098/

I used GT so some things might be off but here are the most interesting points

hHOv9vp.jpg

>He explains the idea behind his studio logo is that they are toy makers and the toys coming out represent the projects they have in mind. Accordingly, the girl waving the flag is meant to represent SK
>It seems he wants to make a game his elementary school daughter can enjoy
>He confirms again that the 3DS line is over but that he intends to connect it with the PS line, with PBS being the turning point for this. I'm guessing he means Kagura and Naraku
>He wants the next game to be numbered. So yeah, SK7 as title is all but confirmed now
>He's not worried about newcomers not understanding the story since he believes as long they like the characters, they can work their way through the plot
>He also says he would rather expand extra features like the dressing room than JUST focusing on the plot
>VR support is coming on a patch and he hopes people will like it. Needless to say, is only for the dressing room
>Takaki enjoyed the gatherings held to promote PBS and was surprised people asked him to sign things he wasn't involved with
>He's really happy with the results of the steam ports and wants for his games to reach more people, so PBS' port is extremely likely
>He's well aware of the overseas fans but he just doesn't really understand what western fans will like. Occasionally, he'll think about it, but he feels that if he tries to outright appeal to the western fanbase, it'll just fall flat.
>He acknowledges the differences between western and eastern ideologies and he's trying to balance the fanservice to avoid controversy. He specifically mentions having less sexy packages as one thing they take the west in consideration.
>He mentions that aside of having much more meetings and being busier, there hasn't been much change after being promoted at Marvelous last year

Man I absolutely LOVE the way the DoA girls look in the SK art style. I want a full blown DoA/SK crossover game, bring all the DoA ladies over. Have the SK girls graduate and the first thing they do is compete in the DoA Tournament or something. I just need more Sk art, I love it so fuckin muchhhh

Oh and my PBS import arrived! Box was smashed to shit (ironic given the giant red "FRAGILE" on each side) but the contents were fine. I got the LE and the tiddy-nibble wall scroll. It might be a little too lewd for me/my gf though and seeing the prices the scrolls go for on eBay... hah the scroll alone would pay for the whole LE plus a small profit. Jeez!

>He's well aware of the overseas fans but he just doesn't really understand what western fans will like. Occasionally, he'll think about it, but he feels that if he tries to outright appeal to the western fanbase, it'll just fall flat.
>He acknowledges the differences between western and eastern ideologies and he's trying to balance the fanservice to avoid controversy. He specifically mentions having less sexy packages as one thing they take the west in consideration.

That's pretty cool of him to realize that trying to appeal to the people that already enjoy your work by changing how you go about it isn't really a good idea.

But also a bummer that there's still hesitation to bring some things over to avoid controversy, at least the games themselves remain faithful to the original versions. Has there been any issues in the past with getting retailers to stock the older games? I can see how that can be an issue if you're aiming to get into brick and mortar retail shops but I'm not sure what percentage of their sales come from there compared to how many come from online purchases.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Xseed has announced "Stealth Kids of Ninja High":

Coming this fall to your favorite family-friendly network, it’s “Stealth Kids of Ninja High!” The girls of Abe Lincoln High School are just your everyday school kids — except for being ninjas in training! Join Ashley, Katy, Isabella, Hilary, and Yvette as they practice their skills, celebrate their friendship, and battle the evil ninja students of Booth Prep! Rated TV-G.

April Fools...also dat "I like typing" dub for Katsuragi

Xseed has announced "Stealth Kids of Ninja High":

Coming this fall to your favorite family-friendly network, it’s “Stealth Kids of Ninja High!” The girls of Abe Lincoln High School are just your everyday school kids — except for being ninjas in training! Join Ashley, Katy, Isabella, Hilary, and Yvette as they practice their skills, celebrate their friendship, and battle the evil ninja students of Booth Prep! Rated TV-G.

April Fools...also dat "I like typing" dub for Katsuragi

I liked the cheeseburgers gag

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was almost hoping for "JELLY DONUTS" as a nod to when 4Kids would try to "americanize" food in the Pokemon anime, but it's still funny.

Eolz

Seems like we're indeed getting localizations sooner and sooner every time.
Obviously not announcing it earlier to be sure some double dip.

Top Bottom