• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Which is why I just bought the season pass. Its already paid for itself for me and there are still 3 more updates included in the season pass.

I usually dont buy male costumes, and half the female costumes I dont either so its kinda pointless for me to buy the SP otherwise I would have. I /usually/ only buy costumes for characters I main. An then they came out with bikinis, and, well, hormones and adulthood kicked in...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, it's $35 for the entire set. So 16 costumes for the price of about 12.

.....that's still pretty damn expensive for what amounts to a cosmetic change that doesn't really affect the gameplay in any way. This just reinforces the fact I refuse to pay for costumes when I could use money on additional characters or levels.

I think between 5, 5U and 5LR ive probably spent 100+ just on costumes. Not to mention every iteration of the game, the CE's for 5 and LR, as well as Plus on Vita. KT got me good, but I love DoA. So I dont really care one way or the other.

Puruzi

Banned
Yeah, it's $35 for the entire set. So 16 costumes for the price of about 12.

.....that's still pretty damn expensive for what amounts to a cosmetic change that doesn't really affect the gameplay in any way. This just reinforces the fact I refuse to pay for costumes when I could use money on additional characters or levels.

tumblr_nk30q6w4G81rpeq1jo2_500.png

I'm glad I don't buy DLC that often.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Even if I didn't care for the (paid) costumes in SV, at the very least, they were a BIT better priced, plus one could argue they were a bit tied into the gameplay, i.e when they get shredded. Also they worked on ANY character, not just tied to one character & that's it.

Not to mention, SK2's DLC outfits were part of additional modes & such, so it feels like a better deal.

Guess I'm just too used to costumes being unlockables. Not to mention I'd rather save the money towards a new character, level, or actual game.

Alfebit

Banned
$35? Woof. I definitely won't be buying all of them. Most of them would be useless anyways since I only have like 7 characters. Will def buy Hikage, Honoka, and maybe Hitomi.

Demoskinos

I look at it like this even if I don't play all the characters I'll still get use from the costumes. I play enough Arcade mode while waiting for Ranked throwdowns that I'll get to see the AI using all of them. Besides that I'll be playing this long enough that I'll get my monies worth.

Do wish they would put up the pre order junk so I can get all of that stuff.

MetalDeer

I think Arc System Works would be a good candidate for outsourcing, what with their new engine that they used in Xrd. The fact that it's 3D would easily allow different costumes (and clothes destruction, of course!). I'm actually curious how it would look.

A man can dream.

MetalDeer

Huh, I completely forgot that they used UE3 for that. Regardless, I think it would look great. I don't think that kind of artstyle should completely replace 2D sprites, per say, but you can't deny that making sprites for everything definitely comes with some restrictions.

Pics_nao

SK fighting game would be so god damn godlike omg

I think Arc System Works would be a good candidate for outsourcing, what with their new engine that they used in Xrd. The fact that it's 3D would easily allow different costumes (and clothes destruction, of course!). I'm actually curious how it would look.

A man can dream.
I've been saying this for forever now. Put in Variations like MKX for Yin, Yang and Flash. Throw in the New Waves too. Zodiac and Touno get priority though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just filled out my E3 application. Anyone else from KaguraGAF register to go?
I sure wish I could. Every year, I have connections that allow me to get a free pass into E3, but the problem is I live in Michigan, so I have to pay for the flight there & such, which is just out of my price range being in college.

I sure wish I could. Every year, I have connections that allow me to get a free pass into E3, but the problem is I live in Michigan, so I have to pay for the flight there & such, which is just out of my price range being in college.

I live in New York. Last year it cost me around 2600$ to go. I went for 5 days / 4 nights. As long as you dont have to pay for an attendee badge and you get an exhibitor or press badge its not too bad. New York to Cali and back was 465$ last year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I can get a 3-day pass (I don't think I can attend press conferences, though) & I think lodging would be taken care of (I know some people). Again, just working up the funds to get a flight ($424 round trip, it seems) with the fact I'm in college without a job. Maybe in another year or so, things will work more favorably so I can go.

Now that I think about it, considering we saw the EV trophies, what're the chances it'll be announced before E3, let alone actually be playable/shown there?

Yeah, I can get a 3-day pass (I don't think I can attend press conferences, though) & I think lodging would be taken care of (I know some people). Again, just working up the funds to get a flight with the fact I'm in college without a job. Maybe in another year or so, things will work more favorably so I can go.

Now that I think about it, considering we saw the EV trophies, what're the chances it'll be announced before E3, let alone actually be playable/shown there?

They were there last year with SV. They had a girl dressed up as Mirai and another one, cant recall what the other girl was dressed as. There was a really good Hatsune Miku too.

Just whatever you do if you ever go, dont ever wear a hat or a backpack. You will regret it. Youll sweat so bad. The air conditioner wasnt working in the lobby last year and everyone was crammed into the EA Sports booth because they had indoor cooling. The first two days I wore double shirts, hat and a backpack. By the third day I felt like just going commando.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yikes. I'd imagine, with how much you're walking around & how many people are there.

Also, seems odd they'd go with Mirai for cosplaying. Though I guess they had to be careful with who they chose, i.e Yomi would probably not be allowed because "too much cleavage" or something.

Maid

Banned
Yikes. I'd imagine, with how much you're walking around & how many people are there.

Also, seems odd they'd go with Mirai for cosplaying. Though I guess they had to be careful with who they chose, i.e Yomi would probably not be allowed because "too much cleavage" or something.

Isn't Mirai like the safest one among those?

Actually youd be surprised... There was a LBP3 dev last year that was wearing a dangerously short skirt in the Sony media lounge. All the Destiny girls were wearing skirts or bootie shorts same with the War Gaming ones. My favorite "cosplay" / "booth baths" were the ones walking around in the girlie military uniforms.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Isn't Mirai like the safest one among those?
Thinking it over, most likely, yes. I guess the only others that might be "appropriate" would be Hibari if people don't complain about showing too much leg, Murasaki, or Ryobi. Everyone else would show too much skin or has a rather short skirt.

Actually youd be surprised... There was a LBP3 dev last year that was wearing a dangerously short skirt in the Sony media lounge. All the Destiny girls were wearing skirts or bootie shorts same with the War Gaming ones. My favorite "cosplay" / "booth baths" were the ones walking around in the girlie military uniforms.
Huh, figured E3 had stricter rules. I originally thought they banned them then brought them back, but I think I was thinking of PAX.

Thinking it over, most likely, yes. I guess the only others that might be "appropriate" would be Hibari if people don't complain about showing too much leg, Murasaki, or Ryobi. Everyone else would show too much skin or has a rather short skirt.

Huh, figured E3 had stricter rules. I originally thought they banned them then brought them back, but I think I was thinking of PAX.

Yeah, you were thinking PAX from two years ago.

Josephl64

Ikaruga looks classy though

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Where do you go to register for that? I live in LA, but I never knew how to do it. Would love to go if possible.
You register here, but you either have to be an exhibitor or part of the media. "Attendee" (I think) still requires you work for a company related to gaming & such, as it's not an event open to the general public.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
anyone want to play some DOA 5 on ps4? I'm streaming as well if anyone wants to look at the new costumes.

oh snap, nippon-yasan is preparing my order. Hopefully I will get it by the weekend.

Where do you go to register for that? I live in LA, but I never knew how to do it. Would love to go if possible.

Right on the ESA website. It's a trade show though so you have to have industry credentials to get in. Just google "E3 Los Angeles" should be the first hit.

You register here, but you either have to be an exhibitor or part of the media. "Attendee" (I think) still requires you work for a company related to gaming & such, as it's not an event open to the general public.

Right, if you work at GameStop you can still go but you have to be a manager or above. Have to have a w-2, credit card with your name and company on it, a purchase order for your company, billing statement, check stub and the usual drivers license and passport.

Are you sure? I thought it was only Yagyuu and Miyabi (both from XSEED):
https://twitter.com/xseedgames/status/476619675309060096
(Can't find more pics right now but there's more than that, it was classier than if it was a 1:1 cosplay)

You're right it was Yagyu not Mirai. All I remeber was the eye patch. I didn't know the characters names back then. She was handing out tissue packets that were Xseed and SK branded. I have one somewhere.

image_zpsg7nkbjpz.jpg

This was my favorite booth last year. I love the cover art for Ultra and the menu music.

image_zpsbljttw0u.jpg

I'm the retard with the backpack (Never again.). That's BMiggz if anyone's curious.

SerTapTap

Ugh, that SK1 nyuu nyuu pack. I'm getting close to just buying one of the $110 used ones on ebay just so they won't go higher. Should have bought way sooner.

edit: woo, got shipping notification for them nyuu nyuus

Pics_nao

Ugh, that SK1 nyuu nyuu pack. I'm getting close to just buying one of the $110 used ones on ebay just so they won't go higher. Should have bought way sooner.

edit: woo, got shipping notification for them nyuu nyuus
The SV one? I checked buyee earlier and they had some up for under $70.

Top Bottom