• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

SerTapTap

I can't seem to start the OVA on PS4. Don't tell me it's region locked? Used the code that came in the box, I see two content items in playstation video now. Gives some error in JApanese when I try to launch, right after the title

SerTapTap

if it's on the playstation video service then indeed it would be a region block I'm afraid. : [

Ugh, do they IP block or what? Never had a problem using the Japanese PSN store or games as long as I'm using my Japanese account. But I've never tried a video before

SerTapTap

The funny part is the PS4 version is actually censored. :p

I figured it would be. Blu Ray won't be censored, right? ...right? I didn't buy for the OVA anyway...actually didn't know it was included, but I'm still pretty ticked off. Region locking is absurd. Never had an issue with it on Playstation before this either, other than using a different account to get DLC (and the Vita I guess)

I technically have two ISPs. One satellite (terrible for everything) and one hotspot (good but extremely expensive). Thanks anon who gave me a DDL link to it. Downloading now.

Chrom

I like how Takaki retweeted someone's screenshot of an uncensored nude scene from the OVA. Wasn't expecting that to see that on my Twitter feed, haha.

Josephl64

I heard you can put your PS4 through a VPN somehow, I don't have one yet so I haven't bothered to check the specifics, but you might want to look into that.

SerTapTap

I heard you can put your PS4 through a VPN somehow, I don't have one yet so I haven't bothered to check the specifics, but you might want to look into that.

Not worth paying for a VPN just to get at this IMO, if it's reasonably priced I'll get the physical I guess.

Josephl64

Not worth paying for a VPN just to get at this IMO, if it's reasonably priced I'll get the physical I guess.

I didn't realize you can buy VPNs since all the ones I use are free. And I will get the physical(if I have enough money which looks like is not going to be a thing.

Alfebit

Banned
Let us all go to the spa resort.

vxxkkh.gif

2cute4me.

I did make one more, but this contains a spoiler and as you can imagine is rather NSFW.. but if you insist

Gatdamn.

Found one not on Youtube. If anyone wants It I can PM.

PM pls.

Pics_nao

I think I was wrong about that, I remember reading somewhere that if an item had global shipping available that it could be shipped anywhere. I must have incorrectly extrapolated that it meant that you can do it with an existing account or else what would be the point of global shipping? But it seems the point is that you can ship globally but only as long as you're using a Japanese account. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. There seem to be guides on making an account just to order global stuff but I'm not sure if that's worth it for most people.

Hmm. How do I even put in my address? It keeps telling me to look by prefectures and all that jazz.

Hmm. How do I even put in my address? It keeps telling me to look by prefectures and all that jazz.

I've never ordered anything globally personally, but I found a guide about it from some quick googling about "ordering from amazon japan and shipping to other regions" so try that out and it may help. I don't think its possible unless you make a new Japanese account which if you did already and the item is global shipping eligible and still can't select the item then i'm not sure whats up, hopefully one of those guides helps.

Pics_nao

I've never ordered anything globally personally, but I found a guide about it from some quick googling about "ordering from amazon japan and shipping to other regions" so try that out and it may help. I don't think its possible unless you make a new Japanese account which if you did already and the item is global shipping eligible and still can't select the item then i'm not sure whats up, hopefully one of those guides helps.

Welp. I got it. Thanks a lot. Only really ordering it for the Ryobi poster/card. Now to hunt down the EV preorder stuffs.

Welp. I got it. Thanks a lot. Only really ordering it for the Ryobi poster/card. Now to hunt down the EV preorder stuffs.

Glad it worked out for you, good luck with the preorder stuff as well. On a side note if anyone speaks Spanish I noticed a Spanish subbed version of the OVA was online on Youtube. I contemplated Google-translating it line by line and making it into a subtitle file, but that may be alot easier for a native speaker than myself, plus its pretty likely a group will translate it soon just like what happened for the Spanish subs.

Chrom

Thinking it over, I think the EV OVA suffers from the same problem a lot of '90s OVAs based on fighting games suffered from. You have a roster of a TON of characters, so you feel like if you leave anyone out, the fans will be mad because "WHY WASN'T *name here* INCLUDED!?", but because you're trying to work in so many characters, you have more trouble figuring out what the hell you're suppose to do with them & the story suffers from it. Not to mention, people will still be annoyed because "How come *name here* was only in for # minutes!? They were barely in it!"

Except here, the focus is less on story & the characters themselves (because fanservice), which again, when there's a whopping 20+, that's not even about a minute a character to focus on.

Maybe they should've split it up between 2 or 4 (one per school) OVA, though obviously, they went with one due to money & such.

Yep, I think you're right on it. I came in with that expectation and wasn't surprised to see them try to leverage every character who wasn't the lead girl to have a morsel of screen time (with Ryouna being the odd one out, I guess). I don't think it's very good, but I would at least give them an A for effort.

Eolz

I love Senran, but can't find anything really interesting in Valkyrie Drive tbh.
Who's doing the SK2 OT btw?

I've mostly stopped sharing my screenshots since I put everyone in ears and swimsuits. 2lewd4 my twitters

I just opened Kenichiros twitter on my phone and saw a pair of tits with no censor and I was like UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH *closes* ... :l

you know they have to be...the question is "What's in the LE?"

I saw the resin prototype statue an that was really nice. Maybe that and an art book. Id be fine with that.

Josephl64

I just opened Kenichiros twitter on my phone and saw a pair of tits with no censor and I was like UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH *closes* ... :l

I saw the resin prototype statue an that was really nice. Maybe that and an art book. Id be fine with that.

I see that being a $100+ scale figure

Chrom

is valkyrie drive done by the senran kagura versus folks?

Not really. If you mean Bhikkhuni for PS Vita, that's being handled by a different developer (Meteorise, who did Bon Appétit), but we know Takaki is a part of the staff. The main Senran Kagura games were all done by Tamsoft. I don't think we really know anything about Siren yet, but I doubt Tamsoft will develop that.

Top Bottom