• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

DEM AGES! O__O

Also, sisters?!? ...
Incest?

hUN26yY.jpg

Don't give a shit about the ages of fake people that are modeled to look like adults.

MetalDeer

That's a lot of life for 15/16 year olds.

I personally don't care what they say their age is, as long as they look somewhat passable for 18+. Even then, I guess 16 is the age of consent in my state.

Also, “Exploding Breasts Hyper Battle” is my new favorite name for a genre.

Puruzi

Banned
That's a lot of life for 15/16 year olds.

I personally don't care what they say their age is, as long as they look somewhat passable for 18+. Even then, I guess 16 is the age of consent in my state.

Also, “Exploding Breasts Hyper Battle” is my new favorite name for a genre.

P much this.

Demoskinos

If we want to start fretting about ages y'all better ditch your SK stuff too. At least half the cast of SK is 17 or younger. Shiki the youngest being 15. Don't see why everyone is fretting about the ages in VD tbh.

MetalDeer

Well, I'm personally not convinced a girl with such heaving breasts is only 15.
Although, there was this one friend I had in high school...

Anyways, I don't care; I'll likely play it regardless!

If we want to start fretting about ages y'all better ditch your SK stuff too. At least half the cast of SK is 17 or younger. Shiki the youngest being 15. Don't see why everyone is fretting about the ages in VD tbh.

Katsuragi
Hobby: Sexual Harassment

I wont be ditchin nothing. :l

Celcius

°Temp. member
Does the Estival Versus OVA just come with a collector's edition of the game or was that a pre-order thing? and will the physical release be a standalone blu-ray?

Does the Estival Versus OVA just come with a collector's edition of the game or was that a pre-order thing? and will the physical release be a standalone blu-ray?

Yes, it only came with the CE.
Yes, there will be a physical release in Region 1 (Japan) on Blu Ray.
Yes, its preorderable.

Comes out late April.

SerTapTap

There's no point in talking about the ages of digital characters

Yes, it only came with the CE.
Yes, there will be a physical release in Region 1 (Japan) on Blu Ray.
Yes, its preorderable.

Comes out late April.

The OVA that comes with the CE is region locked, best to get the physical release if you actually want to own it in any meaningful way. Is it confirmed the physical release is uncensored? I still don't understand Japan's censorship laws, what a mess. And I thought the US was the nation founded by Puritans.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It turns out to be their long-lost sister.

............WHAT IF THIS IS SECRETLY THE 5TH PLAYABLE CHARACTER TO MAKE A NEW SCHOOL WITH THE CROSSOVER GIRLS!?

Hadoukie

So I finished the Anime; watched it all in one go. Not bad, and it wasn't as fanservice-heavy as I was expecting. What I've seen of EV looks much more so. Now I just need to be caught up on the SV story.

dani_dc

So how's Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson?

I never played any game of the series, but I can find the special edition for around 2500 yen new and I'm rather tempted to get it.

SerTapTap

I never played any game of the series, but I can find the special edition for around 2500 yen new and I'm rather tempted to get it.

I find the 3DS games pretty annoying to play. SK2 is a huge upgrade over 1, but I found it hard to get into anyway, especially when it's all in Japanese. Oddly high difficulty off the bat. The LE is worth it for the figures and OST alone though.

The Versus games play a ton better, but some people seem to like the...let's call it simplicity, of the 3DS games. Though SK2 managed to find a way to put all the bad things about a 3D camera into a 2D controlling game where you can't move the camera

Josephl64

I remember when Takaki was first showing off the game with some of his people. Nobody could get past Yomi at the very beginning which was kind of funny to be honest.

Eolz

It's my favorite so far (haven't played Estival Versus yet), but I think SK is better when you can read the story. So if you understand japanese, it's a no-brainer, but I think that even without that, the Limited edition at this price is really worth it for the figurines. Game is fun without that too.

I can't agree with "SK2 is simple" when SV's gameplay is even simpler though. It's better-looking, lewder, and with a different gameplay sure, but not deeper/funnier.

dani_dc

I find the 3DS games pretty annoying to play. SK2 is a huge upgrade over 1, but I found it hard to get into anyway, especially when it's all in Japanese. Oddly high difficulty off the bat. The LE is worth it for the figures and OST alone though.

The Versus games play a ton better, but some people seem to like the...let's call it simplicity, of the 3DS games. Though SK2 managed to find a way to put all the bad things about a 3D camera into a 2D controlling game where you can't move the camera

It's my favorite so far (haven't played Estival Versus yet), but I think SK is better when you can read the story. So if you understand japanese, it's a no-brainer, but I think that even without that, the Limited edition at this price is really worth it for the figurines. Game is fun without that too.

I can't agree with "SK2 is simple" when SV's gameplay is even simpler though. It's better-looking, lewder, and with a different gameplay sure, but not deeper/funnier.
I'm getting some conflicting feelings about the game itself, but at least there seems to be an agreement in regard to the good value proposition of the deal.

Unfortunately my Japanese is very limited, something I'm hoping to improve going forward.

SerTapTap

Personally my plan is to shelf the japanese game and just play it when it's localized, but from what I've played I'm unlikely to enjoy it, especially after Estival. I've heard glowing things from a few people and while it does have many improvements I really didn't find it enjoyable. Bosses feel like a brick wall and they're the most fun part of the Versus series. I don't expect to finish it even when it's localized honestly. I really hope Versus' good sales and SK2's awful sales make them stop making 3DS games.

Personally my plan is to shelf the japanese game and just play it when it's localized, but from what I've played I'm unlikely to enjoy it, especially after Estival. I've heard glowing things from a few people and while it does have many improvements I really didn't find it enjoyable. Bosses feel like a brick wall and they're the most fun part of the Versus series. I don't expect to finish it even when it's localized honestly. I really hope Versus' good sales and SK2's awful sales make them stop making 3DS games.

I already preordered the game three times ontop of my JPN copy. I guess im not helping your cause. :l

SerTapTap

I already preordered the game three times ontop of my JPN copy. I guess im not helping your cause. :l

I mean in Japan, the Nyuu Nyuu pack at least bombed--I assume that wouldn't have happened without happening to the game too. Not sure localizations would change their mind. I want to support them but...3DS is a huge problem for the series and they really need to stop IMO. Hell I can't even play the Vita versions after playing on PS4, this is just what it should look and play like.

My copy of EV arrived yesterday, time for a shitty cell phone pic. Not sure if I ever posted those 3 guidebooks I got from Amazon a while back so a pic of that as well. :3

Now to wait for the EV guidebook to come out :D

SerTapTap

My copy of EV arrived yesterday, time for a shitty cell phone pic. Not sure if I ever posted those 3 guidebooks I got from Amazon a while back so a pic of that as well. :3

Now to wait for the EV guidebook to come out :D

Are those visual books good? I Think there was one from a book seller on ebay, I needed something to pad a Neptunia order for them to $100 and was considering it

Are those visual books good? I Think there was one from a book seller on ebay, I needed something to pad a Neptunia order for them to $100 and was considering it

They are great, a large section of art in each of them. They also have sections with interviews and items form the game so if you don't know Japanese it may not be worth it to you. I don't and just buy them to have the art from each game and some more awesome pieces they include. I love Yaegashi Nan so that is one of the main reasons I buy them.

I'm still bitter!

Yeah, thats pretty rough... to be honest with you I was surprised I got one. Theres only what, 50 of them? I know SK is a niche title but still.

They are great, a large section of art in each of them. They also have sections with interviews and items form the game so if you don't know Japanese it may not be worth it to you. I don't and just buy them to have the art from each game and some more awesome pieces they include. I love Yaegashi Nan so that is one of the main reasons I buy them.

I have the SV one, but I need the others. If you find any other bundle deals let me know. Id be willing to give the other SV one to a Comm member.

Top Bottom