• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus Import |OT| We All Worship At The Church Of Yumi

Links? ...I like the sound of the Ryona one but I assume I won't like the price

I was looking at wallscrolls last night. Found some really good looking ones but they were from a shady service that legit had in their advertisement: "These images were found on Google Image". Like thats not begging for a copyright slam.
( Might buy one before that happens.. >.> )

There's a bunch up on buyee. Got mine for 800 yen.

Yeah, can you DM me links for Katsu / Yoza ?

Is Minori anybody's top girl?

Shes not my favorite, but she's definitely 4th or 5th. Katsu, Yoza, Ayame, Minori, Hibari. Minori / Hibari are close tie. I like their designs not necessarily their moves and play styles.

Puruzi

Banned
zphzpl.gif

no fun allowed : [
Nude glitch patched? Fuck.

The "nude" glitch is just barbie doll physics right?

Someone here recommended it to me so I'm assuming it's safe. Pretty sure they're just the middle man really and take the listings from yahoo auction Japan and then ships everything internationally.

Hm... I cant open the site when im at work but is it easy to navigate or is everything in Japanese? I hesitate when I cant read stuff.

Josephl64

Yeah no actual representation of Life and just a basic Hometown. Just no shine or mist or whatever. Right?

Well life is the same as normal, the only thing it changes is down there where there's nothing obscuring anything and no underwear...just nothing unlike what you would see on a kid's doll

muteki

Finally got the game!

I've only gone through the first few tutorial missions, but so far its great. Huge leap from SV1 on the vita.

The characters definitely feel like they have more weight to their movements. Most of it feels natural though, coming from SV1. There are a few new aerial combo moves that I'm getting the hang of, but the most basic stuff is still there and works the same way. Some of the visual cues for combos seem more subdued to me or missing, but I might just not be remembering right.

Also did some remote play last night and it was great. No need for any touch inputs for R2/L2 yet that I see, so it feels very natural on the vita.

I'm guessing that mission select will open up once I get past the tutorial levels? It's been taking me directly from mission to mission for now.

Its a bit of a bother to me that there is no room to walk around in like the first game, and something feels off about how they are rendering the hips and skirts of some uniforms, but maybe it has always been this way.

SerTapTap

Finally got the game!

I've only gone through the first few tutorial missions, but so far its great. Huge leap from SV1 on the vita.

The characters definitely feel like they have more weight to their movements. Most of it feels natural though, coming from SV1. There are a few new aerial combo moves that I'm getting the hang of, but the most basic stuff is still there and works the same way. Some of the visual cues for combos seem more subdued to me or missing, but I might just not be remembering right.

Also did some remote play last night and it was great. No need for any touch inputs for R2/L2 yet that I see, so it feels very natural on the vita.

I'm guessing that mission select will open up once I get past the tutorial levels? It's been taking me directly from mission to mission for now.

Its a bit of a bother to me that there is no room to walk around in like the first game, and something feels off about how they are rendering the hips and skirts of some uniforms, but maybe it has always been this way.

Yes there's a mission select and it does the occasionally-auto mission to mission thing as well for story missions sometimes. R2 is the only not-on-vita control I know of outside the dressing room--it centers the camera, pretty unnecessary.

And yeah, huge step up from all prior games. Unfortunately this seems like it'll make SK2 impossible for me to enjoy just like SV1 does with SK1 (not that I was having a great time with 1 anyway)

When I watched the Katsu gameplay from the stream, I had the sound off (because reasons), and all I could think of when she was walking was the clunk clunk clunk sound of the steel toes from Ocarina of Time in the Water Temple.

SerTapTap

When I watched the Katsu gameplay from the stream, I had the sound off (because reasons), and all I could think of when she was walking was the clunk clunk clunk sound of the steel toes from Ocarina of Time in the Water Temple.

She does have boot sounds. Not quite as satisfying as the iron boots though

SerTapTap

I wonder how sluggish Yomi will feel whenever I get the chance to try her out...she's my 2nd fave afterall~

She's not too bad, the weight feels more satisfying than anything. No one is SUPER slow, their attacks just feel a bit punchier. The recovery frames for certain characters are way more problematic. Stop putting your sword away, Ikaruga.

Is it possible to stream this on the ps4? I'm thinking of picking it up so I can have some life and hometown on my PS4

Remoteplay and shareplay should be fine, apparently broadcasting to twitch was disabled? You can always use a capture card if Twitch doesn't ban you though. Highly recommend getting it on PS4 over Vita.

Josephl64

She's not too bad, the weight feels more satisfying than anything. No one is SUPER slow, their attacks just feel a bit punchier. The recovery frames for certain characters are way more problematic. Stop putting your sword away, Ikaruga.

Remoteplay and shareplay should be fine, apparently broadcasting to twitch was disabled? You can always use a capture card if Twitch doesn't ban you though. Highly recommend getting it on PS4 over Vita.

Ikaruga? That's sad...I teamed her with Yomi, however it doesn't sound that bad so I'll easily live with it.

Kama_1082

Banned

I already have it on Vita but was considering the PS4 version for kicks

SerTapTap

Ikaruga? That's sad...I teamed her with Yomi, however it doesn't sound that bad so I'll easily live with it.

It's not the worst thing in the world, but she takes way too many frames to dramatically put away her sword at the end of her Square combo. It's probably less of a deal once she's leveled up and unlocks her full skill tree, and doesn't matter if you do an aerial rave. It just feels really unnecessary and pointlessly long. It's neat and dramatic but doesn't make sense at the end of a normal combo in a highly vulnerable situation.

well you have to get both...it's almost criminal not to

For the LEs, yes. But I'm never even going to open the Vita version. 30 FPS with dips and 540p vs 1080p with AA and 60FPS. It looks and plays so amazing on PS4 it'd be a crime to play it somewhere else. Remoteplay it if you really must.

Josephl64

It's not the worst thing in the world, but she takes way too many frames to dramatically put away her sword at the end of her Square combo. It's probably less of a deal once she's leveled up and unlocks her full skill tree, and doesn't matter if you do an aerial rave. It just feels really unnecessary and pointlessly long. It's neat and dramatic but doesn't make sense at the end of a normal combo in a highly vulnerable situation.

you have to stay classy no matter what the situation is

muteki

Yes there's a mission select and it does the occasionally-auto mission to mission thing as well for story missions sometimes. R2 is the only not-on-vita control I know of outside the dressing room--it centers the camera, pretty unnecessary.

And yeah, huge step up from all prior games. Unfortunately this seems like it'll make SK2 impossible for me to enjoy just like SV1 does with SK1 (not that I was having a great time with 1 anyway)

I think guarding re-centers the camera as well with R1, so it is less of an issue.

Two other minor gripes is pressing up on the dpad to lock on, and ninpo in general following the direction you are facing, not who you are locked on to, so you have to consider that before you kick one off.

Pretty sure that it is some un-written rule that if you are a ninja or samurai you have to dramatically put your sword away after every single attack.

SerTapTap

She could be classy in less frames too. It's really weird that her sword slashes are instant but her putting away her blade is like half a second.

I think guarding re-centers the camera as well with R1, so it is less of an issue.

Two other minor gripes is pressing up on the dpad to lock on, and ninpo in general following the direction you are facing, not who you are locked on to, so you have to consider that before you kick one off.

Since Mirai's attacks home now I've had almost no reason to lock on in this game. Up on dpad is kinda crap for lock on though, it'd be cool if L2 did it or something, I don't know if L2 is used at all. Ryobi's charged breach art is more like a shotgun now too so I dont' think there's many pinpoint precision attacks left that really necessitate lock-on. Though it is weird that Ninpo seems to ignore lock-on now.

muteki

She could be classy in less frames too. It's really weird that her sword slashes are instant but her putting away her blade is like half a second.

Since Mirai's attacks home now I've had almost no reason to lock on in this game. Up on dpad is kinda crap for lock on though, it'd be cool if L2 did it or something, I don't know if L2 is used at all. Ryobi's charged breach art is more like a shotgun now too so I dont' think there's many pinpoint precision attacks left that really necessitate lock-on. Though it is weird that Ninpo seems to ignore lock-on now.

Luckily these days we can remap the controls anyway if we need to, but for most situations you shouldn't need to lock on.

SerTapTap

In Shinovi Asuka needed lock to use her triangle charge. Has this changed here?

I think this homes automatically now like Mirai...could be wrong but I dont' recall having trouble with it. There's almost too many characters, I've played for hours and only gotten to play as most people once or twice.

Theonik

I think this homes automatically now like Mirai...could be wrong but I dont' recall having trouble with it. There's almost too many characters, I've played for hours and only gotten to play as most people once or twice.
I suppose it's a side-effect of not having to do Story one school at a time.

SerTapTap

Yeah, it flows a lot better and I can only assume it's improved the writing since Versus was really lazy and had way too much crossover, but it does have that side effect of spreading the characters a bit thin

muteki

If anything it forces me to play as characters I wouldn't normally spend a lot of time with, which is a good thing.

Josephl64

don't tell me I'm the only one who made it their goal to max out all the characters back when Shinovi Versus came out over 2 years ago?

Theonik

don't tell me I'm the only one who made it their goal to max out all the characters back when Shinovi Versus came out over 2 years ago?
There is no point in Shinovi I felt. The game pretty much ended at the mid 20s when characters become overpowered for all practical purposes.
My strategy was to go through the stories for each character before I had to use them though so I already got to use everyone quite a lot.

SerTapTap

That's almost as insane as people trying to get A rank with all levels with all characters. Fortunately I think Estival removes the per-character rankings for levels.

IMO the level cap should be lower, flash/yin/yang should level faster, and max difficulty should map better to max level. Grinding took too long and had no point as you were excessively powerful well before the cap. The flash/yin/yang levels were actually legitimately interesting, but still too slow to level.

Theonik

The Yin Yang Flash levelling was obnoxious. You basically need to clear the whole game with the character to get it.

SerTapTap

The Yin Yang Flash levelling was obnoxious. You basically need to clear the whole game with the character to get it.

There was a "good" level to grind in that it only took like...an hour of doing painfully repetitive crap to max a single character...but yeah it was pretty ridiculous

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is everyone's five-scroll power the same, in that power-up for a limited time, or do some characters get super moves instead? Haven't had much time to play and only leveled up Kagura after playing her individual story. Her five-scroll is the 'super-saiyan' power up with red hair that's from previous games.

Josephl64

Is everyone's five-scroll power the same, in that power-up for a limited time, or do some characters get super moves instead? Haven't had much time to play and only leveled up Kagura after playing her individual story. Her five-scroll is the 'super-saiyan' power up with red hair that's from previous games.

it varies on the character, since I posted this before I might as well use this example. Ryobi has a super move: https://youtu.be/cWsk4PI4Xh4?t=1m16s

*sigh* not used to being on the top of the page...let alone twice in a row

Demoskinos

So I'm hearing streaming is still locked down on this. Can we at least take pictures still? If we can share screenshots photo mode is mostly useless.

Top Bottom