• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus Import |OT| We All Worship At The Church Of Yumi

SerTapTap

I was looking through the little first-print art book and...do they actually use the characters' listed cup size as a reference for anyone but Mirai/Ryobi/Dolphin Girl? Everything from an alleged F to I cup looks completely identical ingame. They don't look that different in the art either. Seems like the cup sizes are made up and the points don't matter.

Demoskinos

Didn't realize the cursor could go above/under ground, but it's still more of a pain IMO than just manually tweaking the position numbers.

Ohhhhh didn't know the bolded. Guess I'll keep playing the story mode before poking at the photo mode too much.

Yeah I wanna get more costumes and poses/backgrounds before I really dive into it.

*Checks phone. FedEx delivered.*

Oh... I think im getting a little -cough cough- sick. I must be coming down with -cough cough- something... Maybe ill leave work early... I think I have Oppai Fever.

>:]

Just watched the OVA and damn that OVA was not ****ing around. There was a review for the OVA in a site but I'm afraid to link it because the gif/screenshots are full blown NSFW.

The game looks great too, I didn't have the money to import Estival Versus and hoping Xseed can come clutch for us and localize it. Still can't wait to import it during the summer when money isn't tight since the game play looks so smooth and can't have myself not playing Life & Hometown on my ps4.

Thats why you should DM me the link... for science purposes.

flyLakJ.gif

I was looking but didn't see anything but how easy is this to understand the game if I import it? I got Versus so the mechanics should be easy enough to understand but that was all in English.

Demoskinos

I was looking but didn't see anything but how easy is this to understand the game if I import it? I got Versus so the mechanics should be easy enough to understand but that was all in English.

The menus aren't hard to navigate at all. Hell I posted a brief guide of the main menus a page or two back. You're probably going to be largely lost story wise though. Unless a translation guide hits soon.

Just watched the OVA and damn that OVA was not ****ing around. There was a review for the OVA in a site but I'm afraid to link it because the gif/screenshots are full blown NSFW.

Yeah, I watched it this morning and there's a certain level of detail I'm afraid to describe here that I'm a bit surprised they pushed for. They really tried to put in as much as they could.

SerTapTap

How do I pose and move accessories around in the dressing room?

There's a menu for it. I think you press triangle while highlighting the accessory? I can double check tonight but I'm pretty sure that's it. You get a pretty great range of options, you can change all 3 dimensions' size and position.

SerTapTap

I just noticed the ears on Mirai's hat have jiggle physics. This game still needs a tuxedo and tophat so I can dress Mirai up like The Penguin.

BTW improved collarbone rendering is a highly underrated improvement in this game. Vera nice.

kiryogi

Banned
Gotta say, high fidelity Senran Kagura is awesome. And on the onset, I like this a lot more than Shinovi Versus already. It does seem slower, but not in a bad way. There's a lot more weight to the attacks and even the enemies.

Wow, um.. I do not remember that.

Jealous of everyone able to import EV, my bank is being a bunch of bastards right now, and I can't even access my account.. gonna have to call them tomorrow.

You'd have to pause the video, I actually didn't notice it until I was reading this site review and have a picture and .gif zooming in on it. Though some think it was just shadowing and Ryona going full frontal "barbie genital" was more obvious.

Rhapsody

Banned
The OVA took it to another level. Actual nipples and Ryona's butthole being visible for a few seconds.

I guess I missed the latter lol

OVA had some pretty cool fight scenes, I have to admit. I actually wasn't expecting much quality-wise. Even in the scenes where there wasn't much going on, the animation wasn't that bad.

..me too, it must be contagious

Edit: Oh, wait, are those A4 posters for the umm bathroom? D :

That Katsu Yoza poster is the bonus I wanted but couldn't figure out how to navigate their site to order ... Now I have to find one to buy online if I can ... :/

Id be willing to buy one off of you. :x

Didn't get a chance to play it yet but I brought my Vita to work and updated the game and system so come lunch break I'll be ready. On the road all day today so hopefully I can get home early and crack open the ps4 version tonight. Thank god the save file system is in English still otherwise I wouldn't know if i was saving or not.

Edit: If and when Ayame becomes playable, someones going to have to help me use my JPN PSN to download it from their store. I wont know how to put in a JPN PSN card or navigate the store. :S

Demoskinos

Didn't get a chance to play it yet but I brought my Vita to work and updated the game and system so come lunch break I'll be ready. On the road all day today so hopefully I can get home early and crack open the ps4 version tonight. Thank god the save file system is in English still otherwise I wouldn't know if i was saving or not.

Edit: If and when Ayame becomes playable, someones going to have to help me use my JPN PSN to download it from their store. I wont know how to put in a JPN PSN card or navigate the store. :S

Its easy just go to the I think last option on the left side of the first store page is the place to insert codes. As for finding everything...well bit more difficult but not impossible.

muteki

Despite me signing for it electronically Fedex didn't leave it at my door, lovely.

Hopefully will get my hands on it today, somehow.

SerTapTap

So how's the gameplay? Is it a sizeable improvement over the first one? Ps4 is the definite one right?

Yes, and yes. 1080p 60 FPS, no major performance issues (I've noticed some "dropped frames" but usually in...cutscenes? I think it might just be weird camera work, it's rare and not a big deal).

Characters move/jump/dash more differently, everyone's playstyle feels like it has a bit more personality now.

Trash mobs being stripped is an amusing bonus, this was in SK2 as well. I don't think turtles...turtle anymore? I only saw a group of them once so far, but I had no problem with them, didn't need breach arts. Camera feels so smooth.

The camera pans for clothes damage/transformations/special attacks are way better. There's no more "time stops" for special attacks, there's still the dramatic camera pans but there's no silliness where it shows you the attack in a blank void with cool camera work, THEN you actually execute it.

Dressing room is much improved. Dressing 25 characters is still a lot of work but you can do it in batches of 5 with almost no loading at all. Different colors for (some) outfits too, and you can swear any type of clothes for your street clothes/shinobi outfit, they're no longer (meaningfully) distinct categories. There's also swimsuits now too in addition to street/shinobi clothes.

Also, the game's flow is GREATLY improved. No more "schools", no more home base. The home base is a simple d pad based menu with a cute 3D diorama of your current "team" (your team is irrelevant except for the "diorama"), the story is a single, very long chain, no more different stories or switching schools. It feels so much better. They've also broken out of the loop of "yeah let's just have every character only ever fight one other character per school" thing. It actually addresses a lot of my issues with Versus I wasn't expecting to see.

The OVA took it to another level. Actual nipples and Ryona's butthole being visible for a few seconds.

Interesting

Let me post it here too. Good job Takagi!

Good news...shoulda printed more!

Top Bottom