• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus Import |OT| We All Worship At The Church Of Yumi

SerTapTap

Ryobi's figure is also poorly designed. Her rifle just kind of sits in her hands, its' not secure, and her right arm comes detached and is very hard to get in. Also her poncho is a royal pain in the ass, I just didn't even apply it. You get a better view without it anyway. Here's shots of the figs

Gonna be an ass for remasters, but I wish the 3DS games were remastered and put on better hardware. Would probably sell better.

I'd cancel my preorder for the 3DS version right now if they announced that. ...wait no I won't sorry Xseed come back

Demoskinos

OMG what is Ryona talking about when all the censor'd/gunshot sounds happen? I must know immediately. For science.

There is one conversation on the second day between her and Ryobi that is basically all gunshots. And Yumi and the rest of the girls standing by just look horrified. xD

SerTapTap

I love Dolphin Girl. Them smug grins. Delicious.

There is one conversation on the second day between her and Ryobi that is basically all gunshots. And Yumi and the rest of the girls standing by just look horrified. xD

I know, that's the one I'm asking about

SerTapTap

...Dolphin isn't her actual name right? Also lol I just noticed the Ahoge on Drummer Girl. ...what are the new peoples' names.

I like some of the wider open environments in this one.

Lingerie isn't fixed. Well, not by much. It's finally grouped by style at least (so 100 and 101 are the same style, with different patterns) but they should really just be different color choices on one menu item. And unless I'm mistaken a lot of the more crazy options like the "tape" ones are just gone.

White rabbit ears! Finally.

...Dolphin isn't her actual name right?
32954863y9sgi.jpg

Remember her name well, for she's the best newcomer. Unless Ryoki turns out to be amazing.

SerTapTap

It's weird how Senran Kagura can make a C cup look nearly flat. Then again Dolphin Girl doesn't wear the most bosom enhancing clothes either.

Is the lingerie not a pixelated mess this time?

Nothing seems to be a pixelated mess on PS4 thankfully, though the lingerie is pretty boring. It's all swimsuits of roughly the same few styles, all bikinis of course.

Ever since i got burst on discount on 3DS , and got to that sweet story where that baseball guy declares to asuka, The series clicked for me, got shinovi versus on vita, and im gonna buy 2 and estival versus when they release on NA, I didnt bought bon appetit tho, its way outside of my confort zone

Pics_nao

Either I'm missing something or the vita version doesn't have the game's OP. It goes straight to the title screen on vita but will play the OP on PS4. The hell?

Josephl64

It's weird how Senran Kagura can make a C cup look nearly flat. Then again Dolphin Girl doesn't wear the most bosom enhancing clothes either.

Nothing seems to be a pixelated mess on PS4 thankfully, though the lingerie is pretty boring. It's all swimsuits of roughly the same few styles, all bikinis of course.

guessing all the exciting lingerie will be dlc

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ever since i got burst on discount on 3DS , and got to that sweet story where that baseball guy declares to asuka, The series clicked for me, got shinovi versus on vita, and im gonna buy 2 and estival versus when they release on NA, I didnt bought bon appetit tho, its way outside of my confort zone
Looking back, it's kind of unny how him, Ikaruga's brother, Hanzo, & the Gessen teacher are the only guys in the series so far....oh, & that one guy running Crimson School.

Hell, I think Ikaruga's brother is the only guy who's had an actual in-game model, aside from Hanzo in Bon Appetite. Like, yeah, obviously they wanna include more girls, but I sometimes forget men exist in the universe of SK.

Edit: I think baseball boy is in the anime's first episode, but you don't even see his face.

Kysen

Hanabi plays terribly. Charge attacks for everything and the slightest hit from any attack means you get interrupted. Playing on the harder difficulty is frustrating with some of the characters as their attacks have way too much recovery.
Some characters even have recovery frames while their attacks have long finished. Haruka seems to have this problem in every game, but here it is unbearable. Her standard square combo if it whiffs leaves you locked in place.
Dashing for some characters is smooth (Ikaruga, Kafuru, Homura) meaning you can get around quickly and evade. For others you have an awkward pause after each one that lasts way too long.

In terms of speed compared to the other games it varies wildly depending on the character. Game will need some patches to even out the characters.

Some of the dialogue is hilarious, Murasaki's pet Bebe reminds me of monokuma. He even talks down on her like monokuma.

SerTapTap

Yeah I like Hanabi in general but her attacks are really poorly suited for crowd control.

Recovery frames in general are really weird. I like the different feel of weight but it's really unfair that some people have no startup or recovery and then there's Ikaruga who wastes like a half a second or more to put her sword away after every combo

Either I'm missing something or the vita version doesn't have the game's OP. It goes straight to the title screen on vita but will play the OP on PS4. The hell?

It's probably too big, prerendered video is a huge waste of space, especially since the PS4 version appears to be lossless.

Will that be censored in the US release? pls no

If you're a little baby you can just skip the transformations. Doubt they'd start censoring SK now, there's not all that much that's new or related to stuff that's been censored in recent localizations.

how do you skip transformations ? i can't even skip the intro movie !
It was just Cross from my memories in SV , but i'm now lost ...

Demoskinos

Yeah I like Hanabi in general but her attacks are really poorly suited for crowd control.

Recovery frames in general are really weird. I like the different feel of weight but it's really unfair that some people have no startup or recovery and then there's Ikaruga who wastes like a half a second or more to put her sword away after every combo

It's probably too big, prerendered video is a huge waste of space, especially since the PS4 version appears to be lossless.

If you're a little baby you can just skip the transformations. Doubt they'd start censoring SK now, there's not all that much that's new or related to stuff that's been censored in recent localizations.

They are bringing over the banana and strawberry costume from Onechanbara Chaos Z on the English version. If XSEED is that ballsy I doubt any changes are made to EV.

SerTapTap

Those swimsuits are ....
So well designed .

Can't post pics here but still murakumo swimsuit is so special , lol

I love the designs, most of them are extremely fitting. Yozaruka's is perfect and elegant, matches her shinovi outfit so well. Ryona's is...perfect for other reasons. I actually don't really like Murakumo's, it doesn't really feel like something she'd wear IMO, it's pretty ridiculous. It's certainly unique, but yeah.

WTF is up with Ryobi's though? THey fixed the clothes rendering so almost all non-swimsuits look fine on her now, but her own default swimsuit looks really weird and clearly wasn't designed for her bust size.

I love the designs, most of them are extremely fitting. Yozaruka's is perfect and elegant, matches her shinovi outfit so well. Ryona's is...perfect for other reasons. I actually don't really like Murakumo's, it doesn't really feel like something she'd wear IMO, it's pretty ridiculous. It's certainly unique, but yeah.

WTF is up with Ryobi's though? THey fixed the clothes rendering so almost all non-swimsuits look fine on her now, but her own default swimsuit looks really weird and clearly wasn't designed for her bust size.

I'd like to think this was the point ...given her character.

------------------
Damn lottery , so long ...it's the exact same thing as EV , and it bring back so many bad memories...

SerTapTap

Yeah the lottery is probably the single biggest disapointment.

The dressing room is much improved but still a bit too annoying with 25 characters to dress. It'd be nice to just toggle right to the "next" group of 5 instead of manually setting each of your 5 slots. I need to give everyone a more interesting "street clothes" outfit and add bunny/cat ears and it's a lot of menuing.

Also, some sort of preview for the clothes instead of pressing X to see the outfit would be nice. But the no load times, 5 characters at once and color options make this pretty good.

Kinda wish more developers would do that. Give you the option to either skip or toggle off lewd material, instead of straight up taking it out completely. XSeed is based.

SerTapTap

Can you not remove Imu's hat without changing her hair? It's ruining the cat ears.

edit: Hikage's tattoos are still low res :(

Double edit: There's more variety in skin tone than I realized...it's not major, but look at Yomi, Hikage, Homura, Yumi and Miyabi in the dressing room, all a bit different. Still a major lack of dark skin but at least they weren't super lazy about skin color.

Demoskinos

Can you not remove Imu's hat without changing her hair? It's ruining the cat ears.

edit: Hikage's tattoos are still low res :(

Double edit: There's more variety in skin tone than I realized...it's not major, but look at Yomi, Hikage, Homura, Yumi and Miyabi in the dressing room, all a bit different. Still a major lack of dark skin but at least they weren't super lazy about skin color.
Homura actually has her tan lines. =3

ShinMaruku

I'm bad watching this game with Future in the background.. >_>

Which one of these ladies will you take as your second wife.
Yumi is your first one. :E

Demoskinos

Man, some of these towers are REALLY well hidden or something because either I can't find them or they don't appear unless you meet certain conditions. Just played a mission on a rather small map with Marai and found only 4/5 of the towers but the other one shouldn't have been hard to spot. =|

SerTapTap

Man, some of these towers are REALLY well hidden or something because either I can't find them or they don't appear unless you meet certain conditions. Just played a mission on a rather small map with Marai and found only 4/5 of the towers but the other one shouldn't have been hard to spot. =|

City one? There's two side areas you reach by wall running, each with 2, one in the open one in an alley, and one at the end of the main road.

Demoskinos

City one? There's two side areas you reach by wall running, each with 2, one in the open one in an alley, and one at the end of the main road.

Yeah, that might be what I missed.

Also, does anyone know if in photo mode if you can rotate the girls? I'd like to try to take some fun pictures but I need them to face a specific direction. Nothing that I've fumbled with on the controller seems to work. But that has to be a thing if you can actually place them in the level like you can.

SerTapTap

Is there some explanation for Dolphin Girl's orange? pupils?

Yeah, that might be what I missed.

Also, does anyone know if in photo mode if you can rotate the girls? I'd like to try to take some fun pictures but I need them to face a specific direction. Nothing that I've fumbled with on the controller seems to work. But that has to be a thing if you can actually place them in the level like you can.

Yes, you can move and rotate them, it's on the bottom of the photo mode menu that starts with the character's face. you can rotate them on all 3 axes. Someone should make another mini guide translating all of that. It's not too complicated.

As a sample here's a lazy Miyabi photobomb (swimsuit warning). Anyone know if you can prevent the little shuriken from showing up?

Is there some explanation for Dolphin Girl's orange? pupils?

Yes, you can move and rotate them, it's on the bottom of the photo mode menu that starts with the character's face. you can rotate them on all 3 axes. Someone should make another mini guide translating all of that. It's not too complicated.

As a sample here's a lazy Miyabi photobomb (swimsuit warning). Anyone know if you can prevent the little shuriken from showing up?

Are tops and bottoms independant? I like Yomis top but her bottom is ugly.

SerTapTap

Are tops and bottoms independant? I like Yomis top but her bottom is ugly.

No. There are several other impractically small bikini tops with more standard bottoms though.

Better Miyabi photobomb. This is fun but it's really easy to reset the positions on accident. For some reason if you're using a 3D background you lose most control over the girls' positions which sucks. I'd personally prefer a standard Sony First Party Game style photo mode for ingame stuff, since I'm better at messing with the camera during an already cool shot than setting one up myself. Less work.

Top Bottom