• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus |OT| Summer Life in Your Hometown

Pejo

Man I have been having a blast with this game, just like when I first got SV. It's totally cheesecake, but really satisfying to play. I'm currently midway through day 7, and did a few of the Girls Hearts missions.

After playing every character available up to at least level 12 to unlock their O super art, I've finally settled on my top 5.

1 - Rin - Just a super satisfying moveset, actually looks like a ninja, completely overpowered O art, levels up insanely fast. Total badass.

2 - Miyabi - This one really surprised me, but I love her moveset in this game. Hard hitting but stylish and surprisingly fast, especially pre-transform. Her Triangle art just shreds everything. I had to do some creative character editing, but after giving her the Emo cut and a new outfit, she's top tier material. Also has the easiest to control O art transformation out of the leaders.

3 - Murakumo - The Triangle art is another great move, love the handing of weapons to the wolves and I've always been partial to spear users.

4 - Ikaruga - She was my favorite in the past games, a slight step behind until leveled up significantly in this game. Once you open her moveset up though, it's a ton of fun, especially her dash Square attack. Her super arts suck though, square being the best.

5 - Yumi - Never liked her in any other SK game, but she has my favorite O art transformation, visually and conceptually, and her moveset has been really improved once leveled up a bit.

I love that each of the 4 leaders have a transformation art, but holy shit are they bad against other named characters. It's good/ok for clearing trash though, and they all look hella cool.

Anyways, still loving the shit out of this game, going to try to finish out the main story tonight.

SerTapTap

I usually do more damage with the transformation animation than I do with the actual invincibility mode transformation, lol

It's funny knowing I just bought all of that even though I'll probably never actually use all of them.

It's like Dancing All Night all over again.

It's funny knowing I just bought all of that even though I'll probably never actually use all of them.

It's like Dancing All Night all over again.

Well this is DLC, I have the problem that I buy games fully knowing that I won't play them till 1-2 years later, yeah I have a problem :(

L.O.R.D

isn't the DLC is cross buy?

looking to the DLC , i noticed something

qSsOIZe.jpg

UmcNEEJ.jpg

in your face , Yumi's haters.

even SONY love her, WHO WOULDN'T BE?

SerTapTap

Yeah, she's the mascot, but I really wish they'd cut the "mascot" shit out in general. I'm quickly starting to dislike even seeing Asuka and Yumi simply because they're the "defaults" despite really not "deserving" it. In a game like this the characters should be treated pretty much as equals. It doesn't help that they're kind of the most boring characters, but I guess tame = broad appeal.

Fortunately it's mostly a marketing bias, ingame it's not really that bad (I don't mind the "leader" of the schools thing so much as representation ingame isn't hardly as biased.)

pariah164

Updated the OP with the new DLC

LOL $20 for all of it. Nnnnnnope. Nothing for me, though I will admit the Petite Devil Set and Loose Perm are very tempting. Can someone hook me up with a screencap so I can see it in action?

Kalentan

Really debating getting this... To indulge my appreciation of the female form... Is there any like really good reviews someone could point me to? I've also never played any of the previous games.

pariah164

Really debating getting this... To indulge my appreciation of the female form... Is there any like really good reviews someone could point me to? I've also never played any of the previous games.
Bad idea. I recommend playing Burst and Shinovi Versus first. Otherwise, the relationships and circumstances in the game won't make much sense.

Ultimadrago

It's so stupid that I have to wait several more weeks for Kagura's DLC. She's the third and final character I'll be interested in maxing. Buu Buu

Mirai for mascot! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lol. She's the best, but it'd make for quite the dichotomy with the majority rule!

joe2187

Banned
Well, seems like Amazon is keeping up with the tradition of sending me a second copy of the game even though I didnt order it and wasnt charged for it.

They did it with Shinovi and they did it again with Estival.

What am I going to do with two copies of Estival Versus!?

Kalentan

Bad idea. I recommend playing Burst and Shinovi Versus first. Otherwise, the relationships and circumstances in the game won't make much sense.

Should I just watch that OVA I think I heard about? Is Brust and Shinovi Versus on PS4?

Well, seems like Amazon is keeping up with the tradition of sending me a second copy of the game even though I didnt order it and wasnt charged for it.

I'll take it. ;)

Hm...

owns a house that doesn't even have piss-covered floors.

Surely, there's somebody who will be willing to correct this unfortunate injustice for a copy of the game XD

734970_1841207176106676_8739831462681678002_n.jpg
]

Jesus game, chill. American Senran Kagura is hardcore, you guiz.

BTW, do localizators even know that you can't have "censored profanity" joke if they then do uncensored one? That's breaking the rules of the joke.

pariah164

I didnt even think of that. I just checked and they're just Hebijo. (I already have) so Imma close it back up.

Should I do a raffle?

its the vita version.
Hm, this is a conundrum. You could raffle the whole thing, but then someone else will be stuck with another version of the game.

Fencedude

734970_1841207176106676_8739831462681678002_n.jpg
]

Jesus game, chill. American Senran Kagura is hardcore, you guiz.

BTW, do localizators even know that you can't have "censored profanity" joke if they then do uncensored one? That's breaking the rules of the joke.

The joke is how much worse what Ryoubi and Ryouna have bleeped out.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Finished the Main Story last night.. and
holy shit was that sad. Made me appreciate Ryobi and Ryona more as this game fleshed out their characters significantly. Overall I feel like this game wrapped up both Gessen and Hebijo's story for the most part, and I'm hoping they did this so they can introduce more schools in future installments.

Ogawa-san

Man, SV sure was a lot more fun to play... Just got to that Kafuru stage with the flying things and it's downright aggravating.

I gotta say, not enjoying the game as much as I thought I would (I'm on day 4).

Pros:
*I like that the enemies actually attack you instead of just waiting to be killed, I even use parry to fight in the story mode of the game which was something I never used on SV.
*Stage finishers are a good addition and give you something to look forward to when entering a new stage.
*I like how you can use any costume on any state instead of having them separate since the better costumes tend to be the shinobi ones.
*The robot is a good power up item, wish there was more like it instead of the granades.
*It's one long story instead of 4 short ones that contradict each other.
*The costumes take into account if the character has a small chest (so no more floating peace sign if you use Shikis costume on Mirai or other similar cases).

Cons:
*The speed of your characters is slower, like way too slow. Mirai used to be my main on SV but I honestly can't use her anymore since she, like many characters, feels stiff and slow to use. Only Hikage has been fun because she is fast and doesn't feel like she takes an eternity to attack. This honestly is my biggest gripe with the game, I knew it was slower than SV but I didn't image it would be by so much.
*The granades feel useless, they should have been better incorporated into the gameplay instead of just being able to hold one.
*The underwear options are really low compared to SV.
*Why isn't there at least a preview of the colors for the clothes/underwear like in SV? EV has the decency of having the same type of underwear next to each other but since there is no way to know the color you still have to click on all of them until you find the one you want.
*What is that blue light reflected on everyones eyes? It's really distracting, as well as everyone's ears.
*This one is more personal but I felt cheated that the Military outfit is not the same awesome one from Shinovi Versus... it was the best costume for Yozakura :(.

I'll finish the game but after that I don't see myself replaying the game much, hopefully the next Senran Kagura game is better.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Tell me again how it is the US isn't getting DOAX3, and yet they managed to get EV localized...

On a side note, just finished Azuka's Shinobi Girl's Heart chapter...

F8bqeqt.gif

Just started doing the Shinobi Girl's Heart chapters. With how many characters we have... it's gonna take awhile to finish them. T_T

Top Bottom