• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura New Title Presentation on August 1st

Eolz

DGIwoFpVwAAIUPx.jpg:large

DGIwv3qU0AA0Wji.jpg:large

That art looks so good, but surprised at it not being on Switch.

Fuck yes, Versus style gameplay.

Nooooooo

Edit: this looks closer to SK2 gameplay actually.

Oh fuck, getting kind of hyped imagining what the final boss will turn out like.

Also I wonder if they'll rewrite the stories a bit so they actually match up lol. Then again maybe not, considering how Shinovi Versus turned out.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Any summary or is this stil going on? Looks like Switch and mobile are getting some pervy spin-offs while the PS4 is getting the new maintitle. Correct ?

Eolz

Any summary or is this stil going on? Looks like Switch and mobile are getting some pervy spin-offs while the PS4 is getting the new maintitle. Correct ?

Burst HD is a remake of the first 3ds game, with yumi added, I wouldn't say it's a new mainline yet.
Did they show SK7 yet?

ggx2ac

Edit: this looks closer to SK2 gameplay actually.

Which sucks because it looks like this new game has the same problem as SK2 which is the camera.

The camera leaves you with a blind spot because they put it behind the character instead of say giving a wide view of the stage from a distance and not following the character so it's easier to see all the enemies on screen.

Eolz

Apparently Takaki said that SK7 is a big deal and for next FY.
Guess it might be for both platforms then? They'll need the money and all the games shown today are 3 spinoffs, 1 remake, and 1 mobile game.

Thatanas

Switch will get a full game later on, these are just two fillers to, well, fill the gap in between. Even the VA's want it, lol.

Guess I might end up getting a PS4 sooner or later. Hate having to deal with television consoles, but what can you do.

Edit: Be nice if they released a PC version.

Eolz

Well hopefully they change their mind for next year and it'll be on both platforms...
Might start skipping some of the PS4 games and wait for the PC versions now instead.

LordKano

Boy, I just catched up on Shinobi Refle, at first I thought it was kinda cute and she had cool animations, but then he started rubbing her hands and soon he was playing bongos on her legs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
btw, has there been really 6 main line Senran Kagura game?
- Senran Kagura
- SK Burst
- SK Shinovi Versus
- SK Bon Appetit
- SK Estival Versus
- SK Peach Beach Splash

So not really "mainline", but 6 releases not counting the mobile game. Bon Appetit's a rhythm game & PBS is basically "let's make Splatoon but with WET T-SHIRT CONTESTS!"

Eolz

btw, has there been really 6 main line Senran Kagura game?

Not exactly all mainline, but close yeah.
Burst and 2 were mainline, SV and EV started a new storyline, PBS is some weird spinoff somehow mainline. Bon Appetit is full non canon.

Refyref

I don't get why it's 7.

- Senran Kagura
- SK Burst
- SK Shinovi Versus
- SK Bon Appetit
- SK Estival Versus
- SK Peach Beach Splash

So not really "mainline", but 6 releases not counting the mobile game. Bon Appetit's a rhythm game & PBS is basically "let's make Splatoon but with WET T-SHIRT CONTESTS!"

SK and Burst and the same game. Maybe you meant SK2, but that came out after Shinovi, so that numbering makes no sense.

AllEchse

- Senran Kagura
- SK Burst
- SK Shinovi Versus
- SK Bon Appetit
- SK Estival Versus
- SK Peach Beach Splash

I don't how you can forget SK2 which is the best in the series.

Top Bottom