• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sense8 Christmas Special |OT| It's time to come together - Netflix December 23rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
38YOkwY.jpg

One gunshot, one death, one moment out of time that irrevocably links eight minds in disparate parts of the world, putting them in each other's lives, each other's secrets, and in terrible danger. Ordinary people suddenly reborn as "Sensates."

Release date: December 23rd.

How long is it? It is a two-hour special.

When does Season 2 come out? 10 episodes come out May 5th 2017.

Links:

Reviews:

Cast (the links are character trailers from S1):
x91aTAY.jpg

Naveen Andrews as Jonas, Brian J. Smith as Will, Tuppence Middleton as Riley

pz3t4FO.jpg

Toby Onwumere as Capheus, Bae Doona as Sun, Miguel Ángel Silvestre as Lito

sJCMVg7.jpg

Tina Desai as Kala, Max Riemelt as Wolfgang, Jamie Clayton as Nomi

lbnLdHV.jpg

Freema Agyeman as Neets, Terrence Mann as Whispers, Daryl Hannah as Angelica

Promo photos:

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Does this take place outside of the main canon?

Cuz shouldn't Will still be asleep or in an induced coma or w/e so that Whispers doesn't know where they are?

Platy

Does this take place outside of the main canon?

Cuz shouldn't Will still be asleep or in an induced coma or w/e so that Whispers doesn't know where they are?

No, this counts as episode 1 and 2 of the second season ... so chances are they will explain the whole Will thing

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
No, this counts as episode 1 and 2 of the second season ... so chances are they will explain the whole Will thing

Where did you read this?

Under the YT trailer:

Sense8 is back with a 2-hour Christmas Special event, coming to Netflix December 23.

The story continues May, 5 2017 with 10 new episodes.

And I think this takes place outside of the main canon.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Really looking forward to this!

I don't think they ever said why he left.

If I recall it had something to do with his attitude towards trans people. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. He was great in the role though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I guess you are right. I kept reading it as Xmas special and then S2 premieres in May.

Now I don't know if I want to watch this.

oipic

So very much looking forward to this.

If I recall it had something to do with his attitude towards trans people. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. He was great in the role though.

I may be wrong, but I believe Jamie Clayton has since shot down the theory that Aml Ameen's departure was related to transphobia/intolerance, or anything of the sort.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

I may be wrong, but I believe Jamie Clayton has since shot down the theory that Aml Ameen's departure was related to transphobia/intolerance, or anything of the sort.

There was another report that said it was creative differences. He wanted to take the character one way, and the Wachowskis wanted him to stay true to the material.

I know you mean "so far away from may" but it is fun to see the creator of the OT saying they will not watch said tv/movie/special xD

Lol really far. Already been waiting a year and a half for Sense8. Now we get a tease and gotta wait another five months.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Well that's good then. I just remember the story going round when it was first announced.

KarmaCow

After Marco Polo got 86'd, I'm worried that Netflix is using this Christmas special as a canary in the coal mine to decide whether or not to cancel the show. I have to imagine that this is now the most expensive show all around that Netflix produces and I don't think it was that popular. :(

psyfi

Banned
Just saw this thread. Pretty stoked for this! This show definitely isn't without flaws, but I love a lot of what it does.

After Marco Polo got 86'd, I'm worried that Netflix is using this Christmas special as a canary in the coal mine to decide whether or not to cancel the show. I have to imagine that this is now the most expensive show all around that Netflix produces and I don't think it was that popular. :(
Well, there's already a second season planned for May, so I don't think we have to worry quite yet.

DOWN

Banned
Season 1 was very popular

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I have to imagine that this is now the most expensive show all around that Netflix produces and I don't think it was that popular. :(

The Crown is not only Netflix's most expensive show, it's also - purportedly - the most expensive TV show ever made. (The Get Down is also up there)

Holy Moly! What a wonderful surprise. Love the hell out of Sense8.

You can't go wrong with the Wachowski sisters on form and J. Michael Straczynski on writing duties. JMS is the godfather of modern television in my eyes.

Merry Xmas!

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
This snuck under my radar! Good stuff. Looking forward to season 2.

It's a shame there's a new guy playing Van Damme though, I liked Aml Ameen's performance, but we'll see how it goes. I think Brian Smith as Will is the weak link in the cast myself.

Lito's the best. Him rescuing Daniela was my favourite part of the first season.

Edit: Is John Toll back as cinematographer?

RDreamer

Finished season 1 yesterday. Just in time for this! The fiance and me fucking loved it from beginning to end. One of my favorite shows out there, hands down.

This snuck under my radar! Good stuff. Looking forward to season 2.

It's a shame there's a new guy playing Van Damme though, I liked Aml Ameen's performance, but we'll see how it goes. I think Brian Smith as Will is the weak link in the cast myself.

Lito's the best. Him rescuing Daniela was my favourite part of the first season.

Edit: Is John Toll back as cinematographer?
Will and the other chick being the main people during the overarching plot definitely were weak.

My favourite part is how they not only re-established why these eight characters and their interactions are so interesting and engaging to watch, but also how they took the time to further flesh out (heyoo) the supporting characters too, many of which are just as enticing IMO. They crammed so much in there it was a bit scattered at time but I don't mind that from this show, as it suits the premise.
Riley and Capheus kinda got sidelined a bit but I understand why. Riley was so central at the end of S1 that her character needed to be pulled back a bit, and I imagine the recast pushed some of Caph's story further down the line.

New Capheus is good too. Same sort of infectious energy the original actor had IMO.

Who noticed the Lana cameo near the end?

Also I do wonder if the reason why the original Capheus left was due to that certain scene.
His character wasn't involved with any of the erotic imagery in the first season and now the new guy is all up in it. Just conjecture, but that did immediately stand out to me.

DJKhaled

Who noticed the Lana cameo near the end?

Also I do wonder if the reason why the original Capheus left was due to that certain scene.
His character wasn't involved with any of the erotic imagery in the first season and now the new guy is all up in it. Just conjecture, but that did immediately stand out to me.

I'm fairly sure Sun wasn't in those scenes in the first season either. I just rewatched it and I don't recall her, and I'm not sure if I remember Kala either.

I'm fairly sure Sun wasn't in those scenes in the first season either. I just rewatched it and I don't recall her, and I'm not sure if I remember Kala either.
I was thinking about that too, though in the first season those three characters didn't really have a reason to be present due to Capheus and Sun not having any romantic subplots (in which to draw pent up sexual energy from), and Kala's shyness. It could of been for any number of reasons, I just remember that it happened pretty shortly after filming resumed, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were the case, as the scene was quite explicit.

Nope, they weren't, it was only Lito, Nomi, Will and Wolfgang.

I don't remember where but J.M. Straczynski said that they didn't want to put all eight together before the final scene in season 1 because they didn't want to diminish its impact.

28e719e4479387e774f770f831058026.jpg

I think it was the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom