• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II

alienator

if i learned anything the last couple of weeks before this trailer reveal is that everybody hates over the shoulder 3th person walking simulators with cutscenes.
On playstation though.

Trailer looked nice but i never bothered to pickup up part 1 as it seemed mediocre combat with puzzles but a nice story, but i dont know, never clicked with me, should try it out one day.

mortal

Gold Member
Senuas-Saga-Hellblade-II-1.png

Senuas-Saga-Hellblade-II-2.png
Senuas-Saga-Hellblade-II-3.png

Kagey K

Banned
if i learned anything the last couple of weeks before this trailer reveal is that everybody hates over the shoulder 3th person walking simulators with cutscenes.
On playstation though.

Trailer looked nice but i never bothered to pickup up part 1 as it seemed mediocre combat with puzzles but a nice story, but i dont know, never clicked with me, should try it out one day.
I didn’t like the first Hellblade, and I probably won’t like the second, but I have to admit if that was in game it looked pretty damn good, and I can’t wait to see what games I do care about look like.

The other side of the coin is that Hellblade was constantly listed on reasons to own a PS4 until it wasn‘t exclusive to PS4, then suddenly it went from a great game about mental issues to a mediocre game with bad combat.

The roads drive both ways.

Last edited:
Looks fantastic, and I loved the first one, but man will it suck if this ends up an exclusive after the first one was multiplatform.

Although I guess it will probably also be on PC, hopefully Steam as well as the Windows store, but man, this is exactly why I prefer platform holders create studios instead of buying existing ones.

Kagey K

Banned
Looks fantastic, and I loved the first one, but man will it suck if this ends up an exclusive after the first one was multiplatform.

Although I guess it will probably also be on PC, hopefully Steam as well as the Windows store, but man, this is exactly why I prefer platform holders create studios instead of buying existing ones.
Yeah Xbox and PC is best you get. There won’t be a PS4 or 5 port of this one.

Pallas

Near the end, it looks like she has an army behind her, maybe for Ragnarok? Wonder if this will be a much bigger Game than the first with Microsoft’s funding. Maybe even some sort of open world.

Grinchy

Banned
I like how detailed her face is. Her teeth and gums just seem to be on a different level, visually, from what we'd normally see. The landscape shots show a richness that I assume comes from volumetric lighting and other technical things I don't actually know a fucking thing about. The shot of the villagers holding torches show off convincing lighting and more of that "thick air" feeling that games usually can't achieve.

Last edited:

ROMhack

Didn't play the first one but this is good news by all accounts.

Has to be said though that I don't think Xbox is the right audience for this kind of game. PC certainly.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Now imagine how good this could look if the Xbox one S wasn’t holding it back guys!!!!!

Either the S was holding the X back, it can happen ;), or XSX is perhaps a half-assed update on the graphics side which is how PS4 Pro’s being over 2x as fast GPU wise was received in some circles ;).

Seriously though, first party title, launch title, and no other point of comparison, it seems a bit early to celebrate/lord your point over everyone 🎉.

Top Bottom