• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes October 14th

Blablurn

What exactly is going to cause all the commotion?

I figure PS4 is a likely lock for first place, and if for some reason Pachter's prediction comes true, I doubt the XBO will be miles ahead.

So...what's the megaton?

The pendulum will swing back to MS!

vpance

QPKVTpg.png

the hype is real

Lol Geoff knows Pachter couldn't give a shit about all this hoopla.

Basically, if Microsoft came first, their statement will make damn sure everyone knows about it. Similarly, they may not even release their statement first if that is the case.

SolidJum5

Neo Member
You can still post them but it won't be counted. Lets see what you predicted!

is there a prize for getting it correct? I know it's virtually impossible to get every one exactly correct, but i'm just curious. I submitted mine when the thread was opened, and i completely forgot about it.

Right, right, I get that. But are the Big 3 the only ones that get to see console numbers? I don't know what constitutes a "subscriber". Depending on how many subscribers see that data, I'm curious as to why not one of them shares it before the PR.

Again, I'm asking honestly. Thank you for helping me understand. I find it fascinating and I've realized I don't really understand it at all.

Sometimes the Big 3 release PR before the official NPD PR releases.

The simple answer is that it just takes time for anyone to comb through the data and react to it...and have your PR team approve it.

Renzoku

Banned
Sometimes the Big 3 make PR before the official NPD PR releases.

The simple answer is that it just takes time for anyone to comb through the data and react to it...and have PR approve it.

So you're saying there's a chance it could be any milisecond now?

Engage Overhype Mode!

Excited for the NPD which drops in an hour. I would offer my predictions here but I'm terrible with numbers so they'd just be ridiculously wrong. The only prediction I have is that I think Pachter's going to be correct. Xbox One will win by a small margin. Really curious to see later whether I turn out to be correct. I'm hoping Cream or Aqua will come through quite rapidly after the thread goes up. They usually help us out before the end of the night.

Definitely going to be an interesting one though! T-minus forty five minutes.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Sometimes the Big 3 release PR before the official NPD PR releases.

The simple answer is that it just takes time for anyone to comb through the data and react to it...and have your PR team approve it.

Or just release whatever you want without any approval from a PR team, like Ubisoft did recently. /s

So you're saying there's a chance it could be any milisecond now?

Engage Overhype Mode!

Eh it's generally between 6PM and 6:30PM eastern time

Time until PR usually starts coming out

t1413498600z1.png

---------

Excited for the NPD which drops in an hour. I would offer my predictions here but I'm terrible with numbers so they'd just be ridiculously wrong. The only prediction I have is that I think Pachter's going to be correct. Xbox One will win by a small margin. Really curious to see later whether I turn out to be correct. I'm hoping Cream or Aqua will come through quite rapidly after the thread goes up. They usually help us out before the end of the night.

Definitely going to be an interesting one though! T-minus forty five minutes.

How is 75,000 units [30% higher] a small margin?

Also no one should be expecting leaks soon after the thread is made. There is a reason they wait to give them to us and we have to respect that

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Going to bed now. Expecting either the most flaccid thread ever or melt down of either side's most die-hard knights. Don't disappoint. Have fun.

Top Bottom