• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sequence |OT| Rhythm, Role-Playing, and Ronald Jenkees

TheSeks said:
I just did that and it still crashes at "Press 1." I dunno what the error is as Windows 7 64-bit doesn't give me much.

Edit: And yeah, trying to view the Steam achievements just takes me to my profile page and doesn't load the achievements. WTF Valve?

Same here, except I'm on Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Feep said:
Okay, one more thing will really help me out.

Can anyone who has an Xbox 360 controller attempt tutorial 3 1) With the game pad connected to the computer, and 2) Without the gamepad (disconnect it from the computer)? If it's fine with the controller and crashes without, that'll tell me where the problem is.

/crowdsourcing bugfixes

I can't understand this error. Not only does it not occur on my machine, it doesn't occur on my roommate's either...

Let me reboot and I'll try MotioninJoy's drivers with the PS3 pad. One with the PS3 drivers and one with the 360 drivers.

TheExodu5

Banned
@Feep:

1) With the wireless 360 controller on (playing with the keyboard), I can play through Lesson 3 without crashing, but I basically have to cast the damage spell over and over again to finish it. She makes no mention of the barrier spell, and the tutorial doesn't end as normal. edit: repeated it again. After I press 1 to cast the spell, she doesn't speak for the rest of the lesson.

2) With the wireless 360 controller off, it plays fine.

edit: for 1), the game momentarily disappears from the task bar a few seconds after I cast the spell, sort of like it crashed but it recovered somehow. edit 2: ignore this...doesn't happen consistently.

Feep

Banned
TheSeks said:
Let me reboot and I'll try MotioninJoy's drivers with the PS3 pad. One with the PS3 drivers and one with the 360 drivers.
If the controllers are being read as keyboard inputs, it'll still be the same. It needs to be an actual 360 pad = (

TheExodu5

Banned
Jintor said:
Without the wireless controller using KB+M, crashed when activating the spell in Lesson 3 of the tutorial.

Is your controller on? Do you have any 360 controller connected? If not, then our test results differ. :(

TheSeks

Feep said:
If the controllers are being read as keyboard inputs, it'll still be the same. It needs to be an actual 360 pad = (

PS3 drivers with a DS3 = Nope.avi, no response.
360 drivers with a DS3 = passed it. So maybe that helps you. I just completed tutorial 3, BTW.

Only thing is that the 360 default controls are funky and I kinda wish I'd could bind them differently. I hate the "bumpers"/L1 and R1 on the PS3 being a "cast spell" thing instead of quick switching things a la TF2 360.

Edit Edit: Of course, MotioninJoy has to have Win7's signature enforcement turned off for me to even use my DS3. So maybe that doesn't help you too much, but AFAIK the 360 drivers it uses are the same/actual MS drivers for the 360 pad so it should be 1:1 with what you want.

Echoplx

So I went to test that bug for you but I have a different one :lol

Every 10 seconds or so the window 'resets' (best way I can put it) Basically for a split second it just disappears, taskbar icon and all but when it comes back it's like nothing ever happened.

Also, alt tabing to write this crashed the game!

This is with a gamepad connected on a i7/GTX470/W764 PC if that helps at all.

EDIT: Seems to have gone away after restarting.

Jintor

TheExodu5 said:
Is your controller on? Do you have any 360 controller connected? If not, then our test results differ. :(

No controller connected to this PC at all. I'll test when I get home and have access to my 360 controller.

Verified the game files and it crashed again.

DJ_Lae

Feep said:
Okay, one more thing will really help me out.

Can anyone who has an Xbox 360 controller attempt tutorial 3 1) With the game pad connected to the computer, and 2) Without the gamepad (disconnect it from the computer)? If it's fine with the controller and crashes without, that'll tell me where the problem is.

Wireless 360 controller here - crashes with or without the controller on, although I don't know if just having the wireless dongle plugged in means the controller is registered by the game or not.

Feep

Banned
I am aware of that "twitching" bug. That happens if you minimize and restore the game window on certain machines. That is next on our list of things to fix, directly after...all this. = P

Feep

Banned
Okay, finally managed to replicate the bug (only occurs when starting the game with no existing savefile, or one created after this bug occurs). I can take it from here, guys. Thank you so much!

Salsa

Feep said:
Okay, finally managed to replicate the bug (only occurs when starting the game with no existing savefile, or one created after this bug occurs). I can take it from here, guys. Thank you so much!

noice!

go team feep

Striek

On the second floor, game is fun. But I just had it go 'guardian effect' randomly and then everything was not able to be hit and I died pointlessly. Whats the deal with that.

TheSeks

Feep said:

New bug. Using a controller and hitting "spellset" in the saferoom of the tutorial crashes the game. I'm going to try it with a keyboard in a second.

Edit: Nope, crashes in the first safe room while still in the tutorial there. Keyboard or controller.

Feep I want to thank you again, this game is pretty cool so far (stuck at the spellset error as well), but the music is really outstanding. I will wait to get more than 5 minute into the game before I give any real feedback though.

Feep

Banned
TheSeks said:
New bug. Using a controller and hitting "spellset" in the saferoom of the tutorial crashes the game. I'm going to try it with a keyboard in a second.

Edit: Nope, crashes in the first safe room while still in the tutorial there. Keyboard or controller.
Fixed this one, I'm good. Thanks!

TheSeks

Feep said:
Fixed this one, I'm good. Thanks!

Cool, guess I have to wait for the patch whenever Valve wakes up tomorrow then. Guess I'm heading to bed with the tutorial incomplete. :(

Also pulling damage during a spell cast is a bit of a dick move. :( Can't seem to switch to prevent the damage without failing the spell or taking the damage while hitting the spell. I can see the game murdering my deaf ass later on because of this. :lol

AwShucks

Jintor said:
Sweet! Waiting on delicious patch.

Me too. I was enjoying the humor quite a bit. That can probably keep me going for a bit by itself but I am looking forward to really trying the gameplay. I don't want to skip the tutorial though.

Feep

Banned
Yep. Got it.

Hilariously, anyone could have activated this Tutorial 3 bug by enabling "Double Tap" mode in the options before doing it. Of course, no one would have bothered. = D

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
Cool, guess I have to wait for the patch whenever Valve wakes up tomorrow then. Guess I'm heading to bed with the tutorial incomplete. :(

Also pulling damage during a spell cast is a bit of a dick move. :( Can't seem to switch to prevent the damage without failing the spell or taking the damage while hitting the spell. I can see the game murdering my deaf ass later on because of this. :lol
Barrier is your friend

Yeah, I'm going to wait to play this. Needs a few patches. Got the spellset bug that was just mentioned and I chose to skip the 3rd tutorial bug where you keep playing after you chose to skip it.

Echoplx

Apart from the bugs though this game is really fun. I've always been a fan of the guitar hero games so mixing that with a cool story and adding some RPG elements is perfect for me :D

Thanks for the code, and as I said in the other thread I"ll be donating next week.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I am indescribably awful at this game, even on easy I'm barely squeaking by thanks to the odd time limits. =p

Feep

Banned
I have a present for everyone.

Apparently, someone works very, very late at Valve. Now, I wasn't about to just publish new changes without doing more testing...I've learned my lesson. Plus, it's nighttime, so not much more damage is being done.

However, I managed to squeak out a beta build. (Please don't put this on the Steam forums.) If you'd like to try out the EXTREMELY HASTILY MADE patch, do this:

To run the Sequence beta fix, exit steam, then re-launch with the following command line:

<steam_dir>\Steam.exe -beta naiaky
Who wants to be in the midnight beta brigade? = D

Card Boy

Banned
Feep said:
To everyone,

My absolute, sincerest apologies for this. We worked so hard to get the windowed mode fix out by the end of the day, we didn't have time for full testing. It's absolutely no one's fault but our own.

You, as gamers, shouldn't have to put up with this kind of unprofessional behavior from any studio, indie or not. Rest assured this WILL be fixed by morning, and until then, please accept our deepest condolences.

We're gonna be planning some free DLC to make up for it, as well.

Relax theres no need, things like this happen, i'm sure you guys will have it fixed soon. It's not like you guys are like Tripwire or Square Enix still patching your game months and months well after release.

Feep

Banned
3chopl0x said:
I just got an 800kb update without doing any beta stuff.
WHAT.

Well. I sure hope those fixes worked.

(To anyone that doesn't have a savefile, I'll tell you this right now: you're going to want to change the "Double Tap" option in the options to "Single Tap".)

Feep

Banned
I'm laughing over here. What can I do?

Edit: I didn't receive an update on my own Steam account. Has anyone else? Is 3chop magic?

DJ_Lae

Feep said:
Edit: I didn't receive an update on my own Steam account. Has anyone else? Is 3chop magic?

I didn't get an update either, but running the beta bit in the command line downloaded it.

I can load the spellset menu from the safe room now without the game crashing.

The only thing I notice is that windowed mode is still flickering every ten seconds or so (haven't alt-tabbed in or out of the game either, it was doing it prior to this update as well).

Echoplx

I'm ok with being magic :D

iboiBnaEB0qdZS.png

Feep

Banned
Yeah, I'm grabbing some coffee and working on the flicker all night. It only happens if you minimize the window, so if it's bugging you, either go fullscreen or restart the game...

PBalfredo

Thanks for the free game! I've put an hour and a half into it and I've been enjoying it. The first and third boss fights are pretty funny.

However, I'm having a problem where the game crashes when I try to learn a new spell. I select the spell I want to learn, it deducts my XP, then crashes right before the song begins. I'm playing windowed mode and with a 360 controller, on Windows 7.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanted to thank Feep for the free code - I've enjoyed the game a ton so far (just started floor 3). Thanks for working so hard on patching it... will be donating sometime tomorrow, really looking forward to what Iridium will do with the next game!

Also, I tested out the beta.

- Regular Steam, game crashes when selecting the Spellset option in the Safe Room.
- Steam w/ the command line/beta fix, Spellset option works fine. Also prompted the game to download an 800kb update.
- Launched game through regular Steam after the download, game still crashes at Spellset.

So... the mystery update didn't do anything with regards to crashing at the Spellset menu, but the beta fix works.

gblues

Banned
Feep said:
Yeah, I'm grabbing some coffee and working on the flicker all night. It only happens if you minimize the window, so if it's bugging you, either go fullscreen or restart the game...

I grabbed the beta release. The crash bug I PM'ed you about still occurs:

1) Open the game in windowed mode.
2) Click on the Windows taskbar (the Sequence window will change color indicating it has lost focus)
3) Wait about 3-4 measures of the music.
4) Click back to Sequence

Expected result: Game should resume
Actual result: music keeps playing but I get busy cursor and no response.

The crash does not occur if you are in fullscreen and alt-tab out of the game and back into the game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Feep said:
I'm laughing over here. What can I do?

I tried verifying my game cache and something ended up getting downloaded. Nothing showed up on my download list, but it must have been something small as I saw the "download complete" thingie popup quickly after the verification ended.

Top Bottom