• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serkantoto: DeNA and Nintendo join press conference at 5PM JST

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWX

Whoa, Iwata just slapped that man on the face :lol He'll still answer the questions, what a nice guy.

Bl@de

The way Iwata talks makes me think that this is more than a small alliance. This sounds like they making a serious shift for the mobile market. But of course they start it slow so they don't risk too much.

random25

Please somebody explain to me whats going on

You're late to the party dude :p

Nintendo and DeNA partnering to bring mobile games with Nintendo IPs.

New dedicated gaming platform under development: Codename NX

New account system covering Nintendo gaming devices as well as mobile and PC platforms.

Ban Puncher

Nintendo is doomed is doomed.

gj4tz.gif

Fan translation is one thing, business event is another. Professional translation has much higher standarts. Isn't that obvious?

It's not that dissimilar when people with no experience in Japanese - English translation or business meetings in Japan offer their "advice."

Even the translator lady was seemingly holding back a laugh because of that. That's pretty good.

OMG! So unprofessional! She should be shot! This is like the U.N. and the translation should be 100% professional!
/s

Nintendo has joined with DeNA
Nintendo will make original games for phones from Nintendo IP
Nintendo are making a hybrid for phone games and its own called NX (4DS and android device?)
Nintendo claims environmental changes are the main reason this happened
Claims wont cheapen 3ds/wiiu because they are not the same games

Iwata is eating his hat

Cipherr

• Nintendo semi name dropped their next Handheld/Console (we don't know which or if its a hybrid)
  • They are partnering with this company to make mobile specific games that use Nintendo IP
  • No ports (There will not be any console games ported to consoles, the mobile affairs are separate)
  • They did not say the mobile games once made wouldnt come to dedicated gaming hardware.
  • Nintendo is creating an account system that will connect their dedicated gaming hardware,PC and mobile together.

Cyrano

Here's a partial from a Nintendo press release that summarizes what's happening: Nintendo and DeNA today entered into a business and capital alliance to develop and operate new game apps for smart devices and build a new multi-device membership service for consumers worldwide.

Does DeNA have any presence in the west? If not, I wonder who Nintendo would partner up with here.

Whatever, I'm expecting Nintendo to still make stupid decisions.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What was the funny question? I got bored and listened to a song.

jaosobno

- partnership with DeNA
- Nintendo goes part mobile with their IPs
- Nintendo develops games, DeNA develops backend (server, analytics, unified accounts)
- no console to smart device/PC ports, only new games. Won't compromise on quality.
- (probably) next gen hardware announced. Codenamed "NX".
- one translator sucks

Nintendo is basically just expanding its business. They will still make dedicated gaming hardware and such hardware will still have exclusive Nintendo games.

Nintendo has joined with DeNA
Nintendo will make original games for phones from Nintendo IP
Nintendo are making a hybrid for phone games and its own called NX (4DS and android device?)
Nintendo claims environmental changes are the main reason this happened
Claims wont cheapen 3ds/wiiu because they are not the same games

Iwata is eating his hat
Nothing wrong with eating your hat if its edible lol

Does DeNA have any presence in the west? If not, I wonder who Nintendo would partner up with here.

Whatever, I'm expecting Nintendo to still make stupid decisions.

DeNA has an office out here in SF with, I think, developers as well as other staff.

EDIT: Almost forgot they acquired ngmoco, so they actually have quite a bit of development staff in SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom